Twilight Velvet 419 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So, after watching the season opening of the season 6 and seeing the parents of Twilight and Shining now are named Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle, a theory has gone through my head.

A lot of at pieces that depict Clover the Clever, in both youtube videos and on deviant art, they bare some similarities to the look of Generation 1 MLP's twilight. This is generation 4, and despite a few color offsets, Mrs. Sprakle bears a striking resemblance to G1's Twilight just like Clover the Clever. Most interestingly, her cutie mark is uncanny to the first Twilight.

So, this leads me to a headcanon:

Twilight of G1 is Twilight Velvet Sparkle, after marrying Mr. Sparkle, but before they were wed, she went by another name...... Twilight Velvet Clover, or Twilight Clover for Short. But most ponies of today's age knew her past self as "Clover the Clever".

Why do I say this? Well, G1's Twilight was the first to battle Tirek, and sent him to the realm of Tartarus. How does this relate to season 4's finale? Well, the princesses never said that they were the ones who banished him to Tartarus. They merely stated he was banished. And Clover the Clever may have been that G1 twilight who sent him packing.

Now I know what you all are thinking. But how is she still alive if that battle was fought over 1000 years ago?

Well, let me ask you this.... Doesn't it seem a bit odd that the Sparkle Parents seem pretty youthful to be grandparents? I mean, they don't look a day over 40.

To add to the head canon. Clover the Clever had learned a path to immortality. One that did not require her obtaining an alicorn status. She of course kept this knowledge hidden for fears that the still young Equestria would have corrupted leaders that might use it to their advantage. And Celestia and Luna were fully aware of her immortality she had obtained, and of course kept the knowledge hidden as well. Eventually, as the centuries passed, She went by the name Twilight Clover once more, and, coming towards the present era we are now seeing, she met Nightlight Sparkle (Mr. Sparkle as the credits depict him) and eventually they fell in love and were married and she became known as Twilight Velvet Sparkle. (Which would make her daughter Twilight Sparkle II or Twilight Sparkle Jr. if you like.)

Now if memory serves me correctly, no wife keeps secrets from her husband and she told him of her immortality, and blessed him with it as well, so death would not so easily part them with age. And of course, since she became immortal far before baring foals of her own, her children inherited her immortality, which is why they have such raw power, even as unicorns, and the children will not loose their parents or each other to time thanks to this gift. Twilight becoming an alicorn was just icing on the cake of the immortality they already have.

Now, another question that would come up.... Why didn't she tell Starswirl the Bearded?

Well, it could be because, by the time she had learned this path, Starswirl had attempted to gain the same path of immortality as the Princesses, and was trying to induct it through the unfinished spell Twilight Sparkle had to complete. And because he did not understand friendship like Twilight Sparkle did, the spell he conducted backfired. Thus this led to him taking on the form of the immortal Lord of Chaos we all know and love. So yeah, Clover the Clever may not have gained immortality until after her mentors transformation, and imprisonment. (I give credit for this part of the idea to The Voice of Reason on youtube.)

Of course another question would come up, what happened to Twilight Clover's friends from G1?

Well, she might have given them the immortality, or they may have passed away. I mean they did mention General "Firefly" as the founder of the Wonderbolts. And the Applejack of this generation (G4) is no doubt Applejack Jr.

Another question that might arise.... What about Spike the Dragon from G1?

Well, I will say that probably one of three things happened:

1. Perhaps somewhere within the 1000 year time frame, something happened to Spike to send him back to an egg like state, whether it was something that was accidental, or perhaps to stop something bad he was doing as an adult.

2. The Spike of G1 fathered the egg that would eventually be hatched by Twilight Clover's own daughter, and she had him named Spike in honor of his father. Unfortunately the egg never hatched during the time the parents of Spike were around. This would explain why we haven't had a Spike's parents revealed episode yet.

3. G4 Spike was conceived by two dragon parents yet to be introduced in the franchise, and at the time of Spike's hatching, Twilight Velvet Sparkle saw that the baby dragon resembled her dragon friend from 1000 years ago, so she had him named Spike in honor of her dear friend.

Anyways, that's what I have for my head canon on how Mrs. Sparkle and Clover the Clever are one in the same.

But what do you think? Does this theory seem to hold any ground? Or too off the wall for all of you? Let me know in the comments below.

Velvet = Gen1 Twilight.
Beyond that, no.

5824076 What? Can't have a little bit of a fun imagination. I mean if Mrs. Sparkle is the G1 Twilight, that means she's over 1000 years of age, and whether or not ponies in the show age as fast as we do, either way, there's no way mortal ponies live that long. So she's got to be an immortal unicorn.

5825380 I will have a fic that elaborates on this concept to great detail later this summer.

5826381 Looking forward to it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5