The Defenders of Luna 620 members · 718 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
The Accursed One
Group Admin

Okay, who keeps disliking these? :trixieshiftright: :trixieshiftleft:
Today's theme is... Randomness!
Fact! "Typewriter" is the longest word that can be typed only with the top row of a QWERTY keyboard. "Stewardesses" is the longest word that can be typed only with the left hand (If you type like people want you to. xD)

Joke! One man, married to a woman named Lorraine, was unhappy in his marriage, so he was seeing some girl he affectionately referred to as "Clearly." He kept trying to divorce Lorraine because she wouldn't let him even meet Clearly at all. One night, though, Lorraine died. At her funeral, the man said, " I can see Clearly now, Lorraine is gone!"

Random thing: hmm... how about a quote? "Randomness, though never truly created by humanity as of yet, is one of the best things about life. Sure, it might not be truly random either, but still."
~The Accursed One (Or someone, I dunno. xD)

Question! If your canoe is stuck in a tree with its headlights on, how many pancakes does it take to get to the Moon?
I say it's none because snakes don't have armpits.

Comment posted by Dustin Lange deleted Mar 3rd, 2014
Comment posted by Dustin Lange deleted Mar 3rd, 2014

Ask them to wait until tomorrow... Sometimes that's all one can do. It's another day to think, another sunset to see, another day to talk to family or friends.

I was able to talk them out of it for now. Thank you!

I'm sorry, but I don't really feel up to this tonight. (Just defused an very big bomb, and I am a little burnt out emotionally.)
I'll be wating for tommorows though.

Well that was weird.

Clearly the pancakes and headlights are metaphors for the human condition and our emotions which allow us to conceive of and interpret that condition. The moon represents the ideal, what Plato would call The Good, that which all men strive for. The tree represents the emotional entanglements, the threads which wrap us up and prevent us from truly being human. Ultimately, the metaphor fails because it asks us to quantify our emotional state. Ultimately, the untangling of the threads is a long process of lifelong cultivation. You cannot quantify the process.

The Accursed One
Group Admin

:rainbowderp: D...did you just go all science-y on me?

I put my philosophy minor to its proper use, confusing the uninitiated.

I honestly don't know how you thought that was science.

The Accursed One
Group Admin

wow
#rood much?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12