Human Magic 1,867 members · 760 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

TL;DR: You get to have three wishes and be taken to the fictional world of your choice. What to you wish for, what world do you go to, and why.

Here is the idea. A magical being of some sort has appeared before you, offering you three wishes (technically four, i'll explain later). The rules are simple. You cannot wish for more wishes or for more beings to grant your wishes. You cannot wish for something that can grant wishes. You cannot wish to alter the rules in any possible way. Aside from that, you can wish for anything. Do not be afraid in what you choose for your wishes. This being will grant your wishes as you intend them to be. This being will not try to trick or deceive you in any way.

Here is where the "twist" comes in (and i'm using twist very loosely). Upon making your third wish, the magical being will transport into one fictional world of your choosing (no, you cannot wish for this being to not take you into a new world). Once there, you cannot return to this world. If you didn't use your wishes on this, then your body will be altered so you may better survive in your new world. For example, in a world heavily focused on magic, you will gain the ability to use magic. Also, the being in question will tell you this before you make your first wish, so it won't be a surprise. Also, you will be able to specify when and where in this new world you start in. If not specified, you will be taken to the when and where the story of that world begins.

My question for all of you is this. What would your three wishes be, which world would want to be taken to live in, and why?

To answer my own question, for my first wish, I would wish that all records of my existence on Earth be erased and that includes my memories. This is because I would end in a new world, so it would be best that no one remembers me. For my second wish, I would wish to have Ansem's guardian from Kingdom Hearts under my control and have the ability to summon it. For my third wish, I would wish for the ability to create and control Dark Brings. For those of you who don't know, Dark Brings are dark purple stones that grant their user different abilities, often at the price of corrupting the user. The ones that I create would not have this corruptive effective. Here is a link for a list of all the Dark Brings. I would wish for that so I could use the Dark Brings to grant myself, my guardian, and anyone else that I want to, power.

For the world that I end up in. It is a very tough choice, but I would ultimately choose the world of Hyperdimension Neptunia. My reason being that I believe I would be most comrtable in this world. As for when I start, I would choose the beginning of the story.

I think I have made this long enough. What would all of you do?

>Wish for Omnipotence.
>Wish for Omniscience.
>Wish for Omnipresence.

What's stopping you from wishing for these?

5684744 Of course I end up forgetting about that. I suppose the only thing preventing someone from wishing for those would be themselves, depends on whether or not someone wants to become god. It might be fun at first, but after a while it would get boring.

5684722 A gene therapy that you clinically immortal available to everyone, another therapy that makes you grow smarter as you get older for everyone, and an interdimensional portal generator, so my friends and family can come visit even if I can't go back to earth anymore. As for the world in question, MLP season 6, or somewhere else that is on roughly equal footing with earth so neither side tramples the other in the ensuing power struggles.

Personal power wise, I'd swap out the intelligence booster for a copy of a void session of Sburb.

I wish to have the power and knowledge of a level 20 wizard from D&D.

*Can now planeswalk to any dimension.*
*Can now grant up to five greater wishes a day; and five lesser wishes.*
*Thunderbolts and lightning.*
*Knows essentially everything about the multiverse.*
*99% Immortal.*
*Is basically a middle-tier god.*
*Phenomenal cosmic power, without the itty-bitty living space of being a genie, or boredom of omniscience.*

Other wishes are superfluous, but...

Wish for long-lasting, non-stagnating world peace.
Wish for cosmic forces to provide for my friends and family. (IE: they don't have infinite money, but they always seem to get some whenever they need it.)

Genie (or whatever) powers send me to pony world. Say "Hi." Use own powers to go to other worlds. Go home eventually. Teach my friends how to be wizard. Fuck about for eternity.

5684881 Efficient.

As for myself and assuming that we're to keep in the meaning of the rules and not abuse the loopholes (even if I could they beat me to it :rainbowwild:) My first wish would be that any changes to myself (body, mind etc.) be minimal, only the absolute barest required to keep me from either keeling over dead on arrival or being crushed by the first enemy I come across. It's more fun/fulfilling if your achievements are a result of your own hard work than of the god-like powers you just asked for.
Second, a basic but encompassing book on runic magic.
Third basic tools and resources for practising runic magic.

As for my destination, where else but the Everfree? It's the premier in inter-dimensional human dumping-grounds, dangerous flora and fauna to keep nosy interlopers away, familiar ecosystem (in that there actually is a visible, functioning ecosystem) and fairly close to the centre of where the action will be taking place most of the time. As for a timescale, that's the hardest part. Do I come in close to the start of the story and watch as things unfold, using my foreknowledge to my advantage whilst doing my best to keep to the 'Prime' timeline's events? Or do I arrive slightly later, say around season 4 (after the Plunder Vines are dealt with of course *shudder*) so as to keep some foreknowledge but limit the damage if things go too far off the rails; but then the amount of time I can spend preparing and adapting in isolation is severely limited due to the Everfree becoming far more tame. Or I could take a gamble and throw myself in at the end of the current cannon and hope for the best.

If forced to chose I'd likely take the middle-ground as it gives the most manoeuvrability.

>all records of my existance are to be erased, and any memory of me is to be erased. Any sign of my presence is to be erased. All gaps are to be filled in with an extremely believable lie. I never existed in this world, ever.
>a place to store magical energy within my body that grows with use.
>Omnifarious

So many choices in which place i can go into...
a place where [abilities] exist,
a place where the world acts like a game,
a place where the world is a game,
a place thats vastly similar to this one but vastly different at the same time...
I'd roll a dice for the discision.
a twenty sided die.
because thats how many there are.
as for why, well, that'd depend on the world.
Equestria, because i wanna explore the rest of the world.
others, because i wanna experience what life'd be like if it were more noticably a game, or what the world would be like if it had magic, or if magic was discovered after technology was discovered.
Or what the worl-
I choose the world of Monster Girl Encyclopedia because i want to write a book on each and every creature there is in there, and go through the scientific method of studying such creatures. Find out what they taste like, what they feel like, how many there are, what they can and can't do, what abnormalties there can be for them, if i can turn a succubus into a human and vice versa... Sciency stuff. For every. Single. One.
Ittle take a long time. and even longer, if i somehow get mind controlled. My obsurd luck will bail me out eventually, but i'd rather not get mind-raped
Not because i wanna get laid for every day of my natural life. Oh no, that'd get boring very very quickly. I honestly wanna study and scientifically study the veriety of creatures of MGE. It'd be interesting, to say the least.

5684881 I just realized something. Almost every time I make a post or thread that can in someway relate to omnipotence, you show up. It's probably just a coincidence, but I find that kind of funny.

5695926 I see that I'm not the only guy who would have all memory of my existence erased. Also,I see I'm not the only person who know about Monster Girl Encyclopedia. It feels nice to see that someone else appreciates it. On that topic, what is your favorite monster girl. For me, it is definitely the Kikimora. I love everything about her and I would want to be with one.

Just a question for you. Do you think I should a TL;DR line for the thread? I realize that the question is very long and descriptive, but that's because I like going into detail for these kind of questions :twilightsheepish:(I'm tired of my friends always finding loopholes in these, so I have to make it as ironclad as I can).

My favorite Monster girl is the Hakutaku, because then i'd be able to learn how to magic better and how to protect myself against other monstergirls.
The Mindflayer terrifies me.
Though the Cu Sith are a close second, because of their loyalty and their ability to sense danger

and yes
you should TL;DR this thread
just put it at the begining of the thing
that way if people are interested in the details they can read the rest

I think that's mostly because you're the main one posting in this group. :duck:

5702606 Really? I didn't think I was posting that often. I guess it just goes to show that I have a lot to talk about.

>Wish to be Omnipotent

The other two wishes are meaningless, as I can now achieve anything on my own.

5702950 I was expecting someone to wish for this. I'll be honest, in these kind of questions, I can't help but feel as if omnipotence is a cop out.

5704047 Yeah, you're probably right. Perhaps the proposition should be more like, "you get three wishes from an entity who has reasonable limits". Said entity can grant most wishes a human would make, but it's power is not absolute/unlimited.

5704179 Good point. If I ever decide to do a thread like this again, I'll make sure to remember that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15