One-Shotober 113 members · 431 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Will the contest be happening again this year or is this group full of zombies and other things that go bump in the night?

The contest happens every year if anyone wants to. I think it was last year that King Moriarty did it, and I did it twice before that.

I don't know if there's ever an 'official' contest, short of the one-shotober groups. As I recall, there have been some groups specifically for the contest each year.

But generally, the groups stay dormant until September.

If it's something you're interested in, just go for it. And make sure you've got a good list of story ideas (however you come up with them), 'cause there's nothing worse than being under pressure to finish and then realizing that you've used all your ideas. From personal experience, you'll want to have more than 31, in case when it comes time to write you just aren't feeling the muse for one of your ideas.

I've also found it's a good time to experiment with your writing style, and try something that you might not have done otherwise, whether it's a different genre or a different point of view.

I"m not a group admin, so I can't make one. You could ask CartsBeforeHorses or
Regidar.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4