Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

All righty class, people have probably been wondering what can Equestrians really do with their respective magic. I'll try to explain my view of the thing before getting on the Epilogue of Apple Scratch's rewrite.

1) The common source of all three magics is the heart.

The nature itself of one's heart is what fuels their core and gives them his affinity with a certain branch of magic. It's the most close up thing that I can feel to the cutie mark principle.

That's mainly why, for example, Vinyl has a much greater mastery in sound based magic than Twilight could ever dream of, while on the other hand, Vinyl will never grasp the oh so many spells that Twilight can do.

NB: Twilight's cutie mark being about magic in the show, The Apple Scratch Twilight is a bit of a touch at all and rather good spell caster in many fields, but she can't master really specialized spells. "Soundproofing spell, not as good as Vinyl's, but it still does the trick." (Twilight to Cloud in Onward to the Equestria Games)

2) The core principle of all three magic. Shape! (or as Avatar fans might see the similarities: Bending)

The word might sound weird but the way I see it all three magic are about shaping something:
- The Jupitarians shape the weather around them
- The Titanians "shape" to the space inside their magic aura.
- The Eponians' magic shape their very own bodies.

3) Jupitarian Magic.

I think it's the most easily understandable with the shape principle.
-Three basic weather features that Jupitarians shape:
Air/Wind Water/Rain Temperature (though the ones specializing in extreme temperature, high or low, are very rare)

-Most common Combinations:
Lightning : Air+Temperature
Ice/Snow: Water+Temperature (only low temperature)
Cloud Formation: Water+Air+ Temperature (the types of clouds depend the degree of temperature used, the quantity of water etc etc...)
Cloud Shaping: a more strong use of Air manipulations keeps the clouds in the form the Jupitarians wants.... with the proper temperature, the cloud can be sort of frozen into a certain shape => Cloud House.

4) Titanian Magic

The colorful auras of the Titanian are fueled by their imagination. It's their imagination that shapes the space in the aura: changing its properties, forms, its rules...

For example, a fire ball: a titanian encircles the area around his hand with his aura. First, it changes the properties of the space : like changing the air into a highlyflammable fuel. Then, it changes the form : a ball. Lastly, he changes the rules by creating a spark out of nothing, instantly lighting up the air changed into fuel.... Here's a fireball :pinkiecrazy:

5) Eponian Magic.

Completely independant to the Eponian's will. It reacts to their more instinctive behaviors. (Kinda like Darwin in the X-men)

When an Eponian is threatened, his inner magic reacts on its own thanks to his survival instincts : making them running faster by removing the limits of the muscles, making their skins harder... On very powerful beings, it can make their skin as hard as a rock. (Puddinghead, and Celestia in Apple Scratch toward the world.)

Also, their core drips of passive flows of magic that power their muscles, making their limits much more higher than on normal people (:ajsmug:), or creating what I like to call the Resonance principle.

Being close with nature, the Eponians are more in touch with their surrounding then anyone else. Their passive magic resonated with the one around, making the plants grow faster, healthier, tastier. etc. It's also for that principle that many well talented musicians are Eponians. The connexion between them and their instruments is much more deeper than any Jupitarians and Titanians could hope to have.

6) Pinkie Pie.....
.....huh.....

Ask the guy below

What do you think?

2263067 This is good, this is very good. And so is that picture.

Interesting...

Temperature (though the ones specializing in extreme temperature, high or low, are very rare)

*Squee* :pinkiehappy:

I'd like to imagine that *cough* "My girl" is one that deals with extreme temperatures. :yay: When taking into the consideration of its toughness, it sorta makes sense I think.

...Which also makes me realise how rare Spitfire's magic is.

And the only concern I really have about the magic thingie is the TItanians: When they remake the matter around their hand into something flammable, and then create a spark, it will burn their hand unless they have a small area between their hand and the flammable substance.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Well, that's mainly a fault of phrasing from my part. see it as the aura always protects its creator... A titanian can't use his magic to choke himself for example....

I like your analysis regarding with the principle of their Respective Magic, especially when you are talking about "shaping" them.

But I have a question. If Eponians are more in touch with their surroundings, and Eponian farmers use their passive magic to make plants grow faster and taste better, can that also imply the same way when it comes to Eponian doctors? Or for a better example, how about physicial therapists or masseurs such as Aloe & Lotus, since they use a lot of touching when it comes to their jobs?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

For Aloe and Lotus, yes. (I just didn't think about them when I wrote about the Resonance Principle)

As for the Doctors and other medical staff, I guess that works too. (After all, all nurses in the show are Earth Ponies)

Love it. I would be proud to be a Titanian :twilightsmile::raritywink:

i think i cracked the secret to pinkie pie magic. since the passive magic of eponians connects with world around them(ie apple family and thier farms and tavi with her cello) then what if pinkies passive magic connects to ressigual chaos magic left over from discords rule like those seeds of discondent(or what ever thier called) from the season four premier.:duck:

plunder seeds!!! thats what there called

I like the philosophy, very sound.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12