Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Now, I'm not going to ask someone to actually do any cartography for me, (it's a tedious job that I'd keep to myself whenever I want a break from Writing :pinkiecrazy:) but being SOOOOO imaginative when it comes to naming stuff, I'd like to ask if you got any suggestion for the eleventh countries on the southern part of my Map of Equestria and Beyond on display :

As you can see, there are some that I already added: the most well known names in the fan base, and one that I found a forum and I couldn't resist not having it (Canida with its Capital of Quebark :rainbowlaugh:) (yeah the red circles are the capitals). I'd like to ask for suggestions of country names for those eleven countries. (could be horse puns, or other animal puns, or not) Towns would be cool too, but not really a big deal.

Anyway, feel free to write your suggestions in the comments section :raritywink: It's also an excuse to start discussion with you guys, so don't hesitate. There aren't any wrong suggestions :pinkiehappy:

Smithona? Home of the Minotaurs, perhaps?

Well, for instance, since the pony version of Russia is named Stalliongrad, you could name one of them Neigh Orleans (Unless you think that should be a city) Since Neigh Orleans would be next to the ocean, maybe number 5? A funny idea would be to name one of the countries Chicken, after the country of Turkey. You could call the capital Zonder Karakter. A cookie if you get the reference...

Well, in season four, second to last episode, they mention Maretonia (sounds a lot like a certain princess and the frog movie made up country).

Perhaps an Andolagia? (from frozen? or was that tangled?)

Andorra is a real (was a real?) place, perhaps a joke on that kind of name. Maredorra perhaps? Ancoltra?

Perhaps some version of Egypt? Slightly dyslexic though, so I can't think of good pony joke names for these suggestions.

Costa Rica? Home of Griffins, perhaps?

Andorra is a place that still exists my friend, or otherwise I don't see why we needed to learn about it in Spanish class. But I agree, it's a good idea.

Tiny-ass country barely the size of a city situated on the border between Spain and France :P

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Could work, though I'm still wondering if there's an hidden pun or something between Smithona and the Minotaurs..... (I could be overthinking things)

I've already got plans for Neigh Orleans' location (it will be a major city of Equestria :raritywink: )
I haven't caught on the zonder karakter bit.... :ajsleepy: but that chicken idea is quite funny :pinkiehappy:

Maretonia is already on the map :twilightsmile: Andologia is nice, as well as Ancoltra ^^ What about Neighgypt...(a bit too easy right? :rainbowhuh:)

Griffins already have the empire of Gryffonia

Exactly. And situated high up among the mountains, so complicated to take your self to that no one would ever bother to try and concure the place... really, you learn lots of surprisingly unneccesary stuff kn Spanish class. Meh, I stil only do it for the grades.

3781880 Now see, I couldn't read the map at times (that cursive is hard on the eyes) but I do like Neighegypt. Could have a lot of pony jokes in it (their gods did have animal heads with human bodies after all).

Ooh, ooh! I just read a good one! Roam! Like Rome, but ponies!

It was used in a different story, Ponyville Royal Orchestra

Neighpon I think was already on the other map forum(?). Andalusia (like the horse breed Andalusian)at 3 or 11? Not sure what the capital would be though. If Prance doesn't have a capital name yet, Maris (Paris) perhaps?

3781880 OOHH OOOHH!!! I just read the latest comic and they had a good one for Egypt! Anugypt! With the main beings be Anubis like creatures (but like Iron will, just jackals instead)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13