Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

We have Faust, Alicorn of Creation at the top of Equestria's pantheon.
Right under her there are the principal triumvirate of Deities: Epona, Titania and Jupiter. who are revered as the saviors of the people of Equestria against the Windigos before the time of Celestia and Luna Faustborn.

But who said that only those have appeared twenty years before Faust appeared to the first Council of Harmony and the birth of Celestia and Luna.

At the same time as Jupiter, Epona and Titania appeared in places of Equestria, another Horse God appeared to answer the prayers of men and women in danger. It happened at the exact middle of the large ocean that separates Equestria and what's now known to them as the Lands of Draconia. There was a large archipelago that was sinking due to abnormally massive volcanic activity. As the glowing clouds of ashes and lava slid to the desperate men and women living on the islands, the Sea itself came to their rescue, taking the form of Neptune, the Ocean Stallion. The Sea-horse magic over the waters protected the islanders from the wrath of the volcanoes, but it couldn't stop the archipelago to sink. They were condemned to sink with their islands, so Neptune made sure that they survived under the waters.

For thousands of years, those children of the Ocean lived asides from the other races that lived across the world. It was only after the Dracan war that Agenor the 32nd, King under the Sea, turned his attention and his peoples' to Equestria, attracted by an everlasting white fire that still consumes the whole island today were Dracans had built there invasion harbor. Many equestrians don't even believe that those Neptunians even exists and are just assimilated to the ridiculous legends about mermaids. Only the habitants of the Horseshoe Bay and Baltimare KNOW that the legends are reals and live of the flourishing commerce between the people of the bay and the people of the sea.

There you have it, i've add the Sea-ponies to the all Apple Scratch verse.

I had also the idea of Nocturne, the mighty Threstral (which gave powers to the Humanized Batponies) but I haven't developed that one.

Also, if you have any Horse god suggestion to do, do not hesitate to share them on this forum. (It might even be something other than Horse Gods,) Silver Page made some nice suggestion in his Tale of Apple Scratch about the Minos the Bronze bull and Zephyr the Griffon and the Zebrican twin gods!

I really like the lore you've made for Neptune and its inheritors. It has nice references to famed tales like Atlantis and Pompeii.

Now I can't help but wonder what kind of magic did the Neptunians use to live in underwater for so long. I WANNA KNOW!! :rainbowkiss:

Interesting... :duck:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

I also winked at the Hobbit just a tiny bit. Though I guess they'll have a more atlanteen touch than roman ^^ I better get back to my Age of Mythology The titans guide book for some names and appellations :p

Funny, huh?:twilightsmile:

Cool!! I had an Atlantis history excitement after reading that. :pinkiehappy: So cool! So Neptunians? Hmm I like that. Now I'm imagining singing mermaids and thier spell luring one of our heroes ... Wait those are sirens. Still interesting idea. I think it would have been more fun if you made them a secret that no one knew about except in legends. :raritywink: That's just me though.

Ooh bat ponies hmm, well did you try anything with Luna's guards (Night Guard or Lunar Guard) yet? That might help out with the bat pony thing.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Well, I had something in mind for the Nocturnian (or Nocturnals... I didn't decide on that yet), like they were the original members of the Lunar Guard but must of their kind chose to remain away from Equestrian Society, unlike Neputnians who slowly started interact with Equestrians after meeting them for the first time.

As for their appearance (I'm also tagging 3540060 & 3540072 cause they might be interested to know that) well you can imagine them as Atlanteans from DC comics :

they all have a normal human form (though with gils to allow them to breath underwater)

but some chose to not look like humans at all :

And there are some people (like Cloud Kicker :rainbowwild:) think that all of the sea-folks are mermaids like this:

Don't worry, mermaids like those are real and not completely up to the imagination of crazy mind like Cloud's or mine :scootangel:

As for their own magic, it'll probably something akin to Water-bending from Last Airbender and Legend of Korra

3546420 So are you saying that Neptunians can change their forms into that of mermaids or fishman? That would be a unique magic that only they would possess. Though honestly, I still prefer them as similiar race to that of DC's Atlanteans. Seeing them as fishmen with not much human characteristics in this verse would be a bit weird compared to the other Equestrian races.

By the way, when would you say that the Neptunians started interacting with the rest of Equestria, and presently, do they still have their underwater city(s)/colonies?

As for Ford Mustang's case in the Apple-Scratch Verse, if he is a Neptunian, would he have gills as well, or will he not have them since he would pretty much be a mix of Jupitarian and Neptunian? Personally, I would go with the latter of the two.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

I can understand your point about their appearances, but opposite to the main Horse-God-blessed folks, Neptunian lived underwater for most of their civilization history, (most of their towns are underwater or on small islands scattered across the ocean), they probably feel closer to fishes than humans. (Also, DC Atlanteans have a mixed population: Half of them is made humans with gils and the other half is made of One-piece-like fishmen)

Well for Ford's case, he's indeed the latter case, (while not going very deep in the actual biology lecture) a very small part of his genes are actually Neptunian (like not more than 10%) which his why his Jupitarian shapes are more focused on bodies of water instead of vapor, cloud and such. (also he probably just feels genuinely happier when he's close to the sea or an ocean or other insignificant stuff like that)

3546511 Well, I'm okay with that any how regarding with the mixed population. :twilightsmile:

You know, I was thinking that in regards with Ford's backstory, his Mustang ancestor could have been an officer, who was one of the first to have a interaction with a Neputanian, which happened to have taken the form of a mermaid in their initial meeting. It could be just like a "A Little Mermaid" story where the female Neputanian, who might have been a daughter of Agenor the 32rd, falls in love with the kindhearted officer and they discover each of their worlds. From there, conflict and tensions ensure before the two lovers work it out for Equestria and the Neptunian Kingdom to establish peace and an alliance together. Either that, or Ford doesn't discover his ancestry until later as well as the Neptunians' existence if the previous lovers kept their relationship a secret from their respective rulers.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Possible... a lot of Ford's background is still up to you:twilightsmile: (it's your OC after all :p)

though maybe not King Agenor's daughter, maybe a pretty mermaid of the diplomatic party sent for the first contact :p) or it even could be a Merman with Ford's female ancestor... (which might be more logical as why Ford's ancestors lived in Equestria...) :applejackunsure:

It's something like this that I'm hoping for/imagining that they can turn into. Just your standard mermaid/merman with fish tail and perhaps fish scale to cover the private areas of the women... if they don't wear clothes, that is.

I don't know if anyone suggested this, or if it's even a good idea in the first place, but wouldn't Bahamut the Wyrmking make a good god for the dragon people to worship?

Thoughts?

Wait, wait, isn't that a Demon from a Seri of books named Fablehaven by Brandon Mull? :rainbowkiss:
He was the villain in the first book, Fablehaven..... :pinkiegasp:
Oh goodness, if you were refering to those books, I'm gonna die!:raritystarry::rainbowkiss:

Comment posted by orpheus talos deleted Sep 4th, 2014

Actually I haven't read the series before. I'm just a big Final Fantasy and DnD fan.

Oh. Well, I've never played DnD, though my friend does, (Here name on here is Misty Moon here on fimfiction) and I know little to nothing about Final Fantasy.
Go read the Fabelhaven series, they're awesome! ^^

I'm planing on it from what I read online

Good! I can only say that the Swedisv translatipn was awesome, but I hope you enjoy it!^^

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Kinda like Lyra? That's something you'd like to see ?

Something like that, yeah, but not a seahorse tail... That's too bad of a visual pun for me to accept it... Stick with an actual fish tail xD

You could try going with webbed feet to allow the sea-people to actually go on land and interact with the ocean side towns and villages.

Gives them less of a human to subhuman transformation after like with Jupiter and the pegasi. He gave them wings so they could fly but made it so they could hide their wings when they weren't using them.

Just like I hope the neptunians here can transform their power body to that of a human front The fishtail they normally have.

Alright yeah. They normally live as mermaids or fish people but turn human to interact with the other races.

Going with the monarchy angle, if the Neptunians live and worship a king, how would they react to Celestia and Luna?

Judging by what Mariacheat has told me so far (we chat often), it's probably a Matriarchy as well :derpytongue2:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

They are a more patriarchal bunch... After all, their main god is the Sea STALLION... It's not that women are treated like shit mind you... They can join the military and do any job they want, but they don't go really high in the hierarchy of their realm... or something like that :p

So than I take it Celestia and Luna would be treated as lesser royalty compared to the Neptunian king or are they seen as goddesses and still worshiped by the sea people?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Considering that Luna and Celestia are ruling Equestria for more than 4000 years, and that are amongst the most powerful beings in the world, They are pretty much respected by the Neptunian Royal Household... not exactly worshipped as goddesses by all of them, but still much more than mere princesses

Kinda wondering how this all fits with the rest of the Apple Scratch Universe.

Like is it just background information or are Neptunians going to be in the next story?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

I have in mind to make them appear in the next installment of the Apple Scratch Saga:raritywink:

hey just an idea but since you have Jupiter the storm pegasus(the jupitarian god) & neptune the ocean stallion(neptunian god) then why not pluto the shadow colt i even have a backstory that goes like this dispite bieng youngest of the pony gods, pluto was one of the deadliest of the dietys for he ruled over all shadows, including the ones within our hearts which gave him control over fear and madness(i.e. insanity), the young god was also chosen by faust to be the spirit of death which made the gods fear even more, so much so that in a fit of paranoia they banished pluto to mortal plane where he remains today, watching over all those who call his shadows home. personality wise hes pretty much like luna mixed with fluttershys kindness.
the only others things known about him are that: he likes wearing black leather, has 6 black wings, he has his own shadow band(made of literal shadows) that he can summon at will to play some badass theme music, he's extremly OP, and he can break the 4th wall.

adding pluto seems in somehow does seem appropriate considering jupiter & neptune are in the lore, though obviously not as edgy.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31