Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

The highest and strongest commanders of Draconia, the twelve generals that received Zirnitra's blessing from King Heimdallr, the purest Dracans to walk the surface of the planet.They are the Fathers and Mothers of their entire race, as King Heimdallr never passed down the blessing after them.

Gifted with a much longer lifespan than their children, they've witnessed the expansion of their kingdom over the decades, seeing their armadas conquer new lands beyond the horizons, admiring the many loots brought back at each expeditions, congratulating their sons and daughters for their prowesses at sea.

But, when the armadas started to not return, or for the few that sailed home with only a small tenth of the ships, their cargos empty of treasures but full of their wounded or dead children, and when they heard terrified whispers about a woman in white that wielded a flame that could even consume Dragon fire as a weapon, or of a she-warrior that seemed to strike from within the depths of the Night itself, they couldn't remain passive any longer.

The Twelve Thanes are turning their gazes toward the lands of Equestria, ready to strike it with all might of the mythical beasts they can take the aspect off,......

Let's hope that Equestria and its Princesses are ready to face those that, like them, also managed to drive the Avatar of Chaos himself away from their lands.

The Twelve Thanes: with the pictures of their Draconic form, because yeah, they can turn into dragons :rainbowdetermined2:

Lord Arrogon the Destroyer: (That's for you Royal Rainbow ;) )
The leader of the twelves, said to be the strongest of them all. Rarely showed up to Equestrian eyes and not much is known of his actual powers.

Terrestrial Arnbjorn
He is well known for his more bear-like appearance in his draconic shape, being large, brown and bulky rather than sleek and strong. He's slower than the others but sports tremendous strength and endurance that easily surpasses that of his peers. He relies more on physical attacks than breath weapons. He's also the only one among them unable to fly. In his humanoid form he utilizes a massive great axe to cleave his foes apart.

Folkmar the Red
He relies as much on physical attacks as he does on his breath weapon which is torrents of red flames. Uses a round shield, short sword and one-handed axe when fighting. Using only the axe if he loses the sword, or throws it if necessary.

Hali Firebreath
He's as tall as the others, but is slimmer and doesn't have as much muscle. He is, however, a breath weapon expert. In his full draconic form he positions himself out of danger and charges up his breaths. They're longer ranged than any of the others' and have far more power. His greatest weakness is that he has to remain almost stationary while 'charging'. He's a bowman when he fights in his humanoid form.

FireBlade Astri
Most may think her a shield maiden, but they are gruelly mistaken. She fights using dual blades, often infused with her fiery magic, cleavin through her enemies. Her draconic form is green and sleek. She prefers to attack in quick dashes, utilizing both flames, fang and claw. She's one of the faster Dracans and also said to be the most beautiful Dracan to have ever existed. Her flames are emerald green.

Vigdis the Raven
She is much the same as Folkmar; a very versatile fighter using both shield and sword, but while his secondary weapon is an axe hers is a bow. She's been nicknamed "The Raven" due to the carnage she leaves in her wake. While she may focus a little more on defense than Arnbjorn, she is just as ferocious and brutal as he is.

Hring the Massacrer
He fights using dual axes and with a bare torso. He relishes in bloodshed and can always be seen with a smile when his axe sinks into somebody's flesh. In his draconic form he continues to use his claws and fangs to tear apart his enemies, and rarely ever use his flames. The reason for this is that they are so powerful that they can burn even himself. He has little control over them and, as such, only uses it when he really needs to.

Hrothgar IslandBurner
He never fights using weapons even though he carries a spear with him. He relies entirely on his magic and will only ever bring his spear to use should he be cornered and unable to use his magic. In his draconic form he flies around his enemies and constantly barrages them with streams and balls of white fire. He looks for all like a normal dragon in his form, and looks more than capable of fighting with teeth and claw, but rarely ever does.

Ragnarr Thunderbringer
Typically uses a round shield and an axe for fighting. He's quick and precise, not ruthless like the others. He's the most experienced fighter out of all of them and regarded as the best at axe-fighter. His draconic form is a mix of turquise with black at the edge of his scales. His breath weapon is not fire like the majority, but lightning instead.

The Dracan Twins: Water Dragon Frey
One is Draconia’s Naval Commander, whenever he has led the fleets of his homeland, he has come out victorious. He rarely fights in his human form, preferring his lithe and serpentine Draconic shape to sink the enemy ships from the depths of the sea.

The Dracan Twins: Magic Eater Freia
She’s one of the rare Dracan wizards. She has the ability to consume the ambiant, raw magical power and to use it in a similar fashion to Titanian Magic. Ever since the blessing, she hasn’t hold an actual weapon, preferring using her skills to craft ethereal weapons or bolts to fight her opponents. She has been fantasying to accompany a fleet in Equestria, driven by the curiosity of knowing what their Magic taste like.

Harald the Cunning
Master of daggers, throwing knives and camouflage. Before the Blessing, he was reputed as Draconia most famous, and youngest, assassin at the service of King Heimdallr. He can produce smoke in which he hides to strike his enemies from where they least expect it.

there you have it ^^

A huge thank you to Kapuchu for coming up with most of the names and abilities of the twelve Thanes. (along the image search ;))

What do you think of them?

Love the picture you ended up taking for Freia :twilightsmile:

This is going to be so awesome!:rainbowkiss:

3133846 Wow cool pics, creepy dragons. This is gonna be good.
(Unrelated note, that water dragon reminds me of a Gyarados. :derpytongue2:)

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Well, since Gyarados is kinda a water dragon with a funny name, it's not much of a surprise :p

Glad you like those fellers :raritywink::twilightsmile:

yeah, I really do! I like this new story you started on, but I would also like to see updates on your other unfinished Apple Scratch stories!:derpytongue2:

I really like your choice regarding with the dragon picture of Arrogon! :rainbowkiss: It's more unique than the other dragons' depictions. Something that's basically unnatural (a.k.a. more sinister) than the others. I wonder if any one of the Twelve Thanes would turn sides and choose peace instead? Or at least they can have complex characteristics when it comes to dealing with their war, just like some of the more notable Firebenders in Avatar: The Last Airbender. :raritywink:

By the way, what's Hindel's role going to be in this? I actually assumed that he might be one of the Twelve, but I guess that you've got bigger plans for him. :twilightsheepish:

Speaking of which, what is a "Thane?" :rainbowhuh: Where is that word based off? Mythology? A specific term in the ever-expansive Fantasy genre?

Anyway, once Arrogon and/or Hindel make their next appearance in your story, I'll probably write up a Journal to hopefully get my readers to take a look at your recent work. :ajbemused: Of course, that didn't work out as much the last time when I informed them about Ford Mustang appearing in the Cloud Kicker story, but I guess it wouldn't hurt as much to try it again.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

thanks for the Promotion idea ^^
it never hurts, as you said it.

As for a Thane, it's a therm for a military chief, used by the anglo-saxon... (it's actually historical :p)

Hindel is a Dracan that informed Celestia and Luna about his people, as he's mentioned in chapter two of Dracan war, and that's all I'm saying for now ;):twilightsmile:

Sweet, and awesome pictures.

question does spike have any relation with arnbjorn?:duck:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Hmmm, I'll say that's not entirely impossible but pretty unlikely considering the 600 or so years that separates Arnbjorn last contact with Equestrians....

then maybe spikes a decendant of a reletive of arnbjorn

this site really needs a shrugging pinkie emoji or something and a luna one just cause.
yeah luna

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15