BONC - Writer's Group 21 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
DustyPwny
Group Admin

Breaking news! Collaboration project for BABSCon!

You heard right! Me and Phoenix Quill are attempting to write a fanfic for the convention in April, but we need your helping making this thing possible.

With two months left until BABS, us two writers are putting together a story about a background pony convention that is ran by the infamous (and most unremembered character), Sombra. But this is just a start. We need more depth into the story. We need scenes. We need YOU, BONC, to create a memorable part of this story. And yes, there is a way you can do that!

To start, I'm creating a core character list (on a Google Doc) that will include that characters that me and Phoenix have deemed to be included in the fic. I'll post a link up soon, but do not feel like you can't add to them! The more, the better!

Once we've got characters and our starting part done, we'll start working on the character's parts in the fic. Once those are done, we'll have some editors and pre-readers go over the parts and start arranging them into a chronological order of events.

Think we're done then? Almost. After all of that is done, we'll be collecting all of the author's FIMFiction names and then putting them into the credits section of the story.

Seriously. This could be something great if it's done properly. So I'm calling out to my fellow Broncos here to help make this possible. Let's make this something memorable at BABSCon!

Character List and Scenarios: Link

2865829 Wait, so we're offering OC's? Or am I reading that wrong?:rainbowhuh:

DustyPwny
Group Admin

It's possible, but we don't have to. I wanna at least make sure we finish the canon character parts for sure. :rainbowderp:

2866355 So you're asking for people to list off bg ponies to ad to the list then?

DustyPwny
Group Admin

That, and we need people to actually write some of the parts. :twilightblush:

2866419 I'd offer, but I lose motivation to write SO easily. If I don't finish writing something in one sitting, I almost never get back to it.:twilightsheepish:

DustyPwny
Group Admin

Well, considering the requirement is only 1,000 words to 2,500 words, that should be manageable. :pinkiehappy:

2866500 Well I can try. Just tell me what you're going for, and I'll take a crack at it.

DustyPwny
Group Admin

Well, there's a lot of characters you could do. Make Trixie could be a showboat at the convention, or maybe even Zecora sells some brew at the Artist hall. The possibilities are endless. ^^

2866607 I'm not a very creative person. If you give me a set of instructions, I can do things just fine, but coming up with them on my own is well... counterproductive.:twilightsheepish:

DustyPwny
Group Admin

Heh. How about you write about Discord screwing around at the cosplay competition with some Changelings? I'm sure some confusion and surprise can ensue. xD

2866763 Any limits or requirements I should know of?

DustyPwny
Group Admin

Just try to keep it G-rated and have fun with it. :pinkiecrazy:

DustyPwny
Group Admin

UPDATE

Main Post has been updated with a link to the character list for the collab. Pick and choose, or even add in a character you'd like to see make an appearance in the fic.

Oh dear, I hope I'm not too late to join in on the fun and frolic. Are ideas still floating about? Have all the characters been set into place?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15