~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,674 members · 9,286 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I've seen some fics (usually horror fics) use a font that looks corrupted for spooky lines my evil entities and such. Is it a font you can find on this site or is it a specific thing you need to download? I want to use it for a section in my story....

https://zalgo.org/ is an online tool you can use to add them. It has a slider.

It's done by adding a lot of Unicode accents/diacritics, etc. to each letter.

I wouldn’t use those type of fonts. If I were you because the screen readers cannot read them. Then it’s harder for people to read stories like that who need a screen reader, or like me who are just too lazy to actually read them.

Ah, okay! I was only going to use it for one sentence to imply that the page was torn through from pressing the pencil too hard. The line would be repeated a couple times before the "corrupted" line, so even if people were using a screen reader they wouldn't be missing anything.

Thanks for letting me know though!

You’re welcome

Zalgo, as stated. Be aware that its use is quite divisive, though. As well as the point Artist made, some people (and I confess to being one of them) find Zalgo very overused and a bit tiresome. I appreciate it more when someone finds a different/original way to represent the spookiness. Only fair to say that some people really like Zalgo, though.

Thank you! I only plan to use it for one line in the entire story, lol. To show that the character was pressing so hard with their pen that they tore through the paper. Very minimal.

Thank you though! I'll definitely keep that in mind!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8