Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Timely
Group Contributor

Scheming Nine-Tailed Fox

Yakumo Ran

'Feel free to discus stuff like character design, headcanons, theorys, opinions and the sort.
Feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic subject
Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, these are gonna spread out, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, go here, Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.
Copy Paste: end'

Yeah okay I adore Ran. Mainly because foxes are my favorite animal. But she's also got some pretty neat looking spell cards. Like Ultimate Buddhist and Kokkuri-san's Contract. Those are my favorites of hers.

Are because why not?

One of my Favorites. I like her design, she got me into kitsunes, and her Touhou m1 grand prix was adorably hilarious.

Though I never understood where the Chen pedo-ness came from.

I also love her Touhou soccer move, the only one to actually damage the ball.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

An ancient Youkai whose master is so strong it warranted herself a Shikigami of her own.:duck:
Sly and intelligent, there is few more ancient, more skillful than she.:raritywink:

FlanChan
Group Admin

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Timely
Group Contributor

I think it's that they took the CHEEEEEEEENNNN!!!! bit to it's furthest point and that's where it started

Divine Path
Group Contributor

'Tis excessive memetic mutation of Ran's disapproval of the heroine's handling of her Shikigami.:duck:

mofu mofu mofu mofu mofu~

Ran would definitely have to be one of my favourite characters :raritywink:

But I feel like Ran is also one of the most underrated and underestimated characters in the whole of Touhou, maybe because of her small number of appearances or the fact that her appearances are nearly always overshadowed by Yukari. Her status as an Extra stage boss is often skimmed over and most people don't seem to recognise how powerful she is.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of her popular portrayal as a nose-bleeding pedophile in fandom... even if she does have that exaggerated motherly affection for Chen as much as the fandom's portrayal suggests of her, I think she would be more subtle about displaying it. I personally see the Ran-Chen relationship as more similar to that between an elder and younger sister, rather than a mother and her daughter or a master and subordinate.

On another unrelated note, those tails really do seem like nice pillows... Yukari is lucky.

I used to have a folder dedicated to touhou pics, numbering around 300 or so. Ran alone was about 160 of them, more than half. A friend of mine jokingly once said I'd marry Ran if I could. He incidentally looked up kitsune for some reason, and they can apparently only marry when the weather is incredibly unusual, e.g. raining on a cloudless day. There ended up being a joke at my expense about my wanting to make "Unusual weather phenomenon" with Ran. Funny thing is that his favorite pony is Rainbow Dash, so I've been able to turn the joke around onto him, saying that he would like to make "Scheduled weather phenomenon" with Rainbow Dash.

In essence, Ran is my favorite character in all of touhou, even though I don't play the games anymore. My skype avatar is actually a ponified Ran that I found on derpibooru.

It's worth noting that the "Yakumo Chen" skit WON that particular M-1 Grand Prix. Also, given a kitsune's penchant for illusions it's entirely possible that the ball-split was an illusion (similar to Tewi's special)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11