Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
Divine Path
Group Contributor

To Master Thread

To the extent of turning all on its head...
Stage FIVE~
—Boss; BGM: Reverse Ideology

Spell Card: Reverse Sign "Danmaku Through The Looking Glass"
Sorry if we're supposed to do this in order.:twilightsheepish:
The Counterattacking Amanojaku

"In this inverted castle where everything is turned upside-down,
I'll give you a taste of this long-awaited failure!"
---------------
"The last thing it sees will be
its owner, falling out of the sky!"
~Kijin Seija

Feel free to discus stuff like character design, head canons, theory's, opinions and the sort.
Also, feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic subject
Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, Go Here, Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.
Copy Paste: end

Divine Path
Group Contributor

A twisted person, and the true mastermind behind the uprising of youkai. Herself convinced of an outrageous wrong suffered by youkai, and a rebel by nature, she convinced the little princess to stage a revolution to turn society on its head, hoping for a radical change.
Of course, even that will not necessarily satisfy her. As long as something is, she must go against it.

FlanChan
Group Admin

I don't get that pose. Looks painful to do it too long in real life.
Also, are those horns sticking out of her head? :twilightoops: And that upsidedown bow is epic.

After seeing the fangames where they have characters that screw with the controls (Mitori comes to mind) I really didn't think that the actual Touhou would go there. And then it went there
Whyyyyy :raritydespair:

I am utterly indifferent towards this individual of outward opposition. :trollestia:

1518931 She looks like she'd be Satan to try and defeat. Is she final bossasaurus?

Divine Path
Group Contributor

She's some kind of not-human not-Oni, so that's why she has horns.:twilightsheepish:
Seija may very well be my favorite character from this game!:pinkiehappy:
...if Shinmyomaru doesn't catch up.:raritywink:
EDIT: HOW could I forget about Kage and Seki-chan?!:raritydespair:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Very well...:duck:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Stage 5.:duck:
And yes, she is hard to beat on your first attempt.
...once I tried her Cards in Spell Practice, I beat most of them immediately.:yay:

Timely
Group Contributor

I'm fine with it, I do them in order only so I can keep track(Writes down note to do Lunarians from Silent Sinner in Blue after Imperishable Night characters are done), but if you want to do some, it's fine by me. The whole point of these is to keep the group lively. Plus the characters from the new game seem interesting.

My arm started to feel numb after a few seconds trying to do that.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Okay then.:pinkiesmile:
Have you played it yet?

Timely
Group Contributor

Nope, not yet. I'm waiting for the English patch. But I don't mind spoilers. Knew most of the characters before playing the games, and I like going "Ooohhh....This part is fanon." and "Ah, ok. Well, I can see where that idea came from"

How bout you, played it yet?

Divine Path
Group Contributor

...you can read off Touhou Wiki, you know?:twilightsheepish:

Yes, I've played it.
I did REALLY WELL at the last three stages.:scootangel:
I find the game to be more gimmicky than Subterranean Animism!:twilightsheepish:
I had fun, nonetheless.:pinkiehappy:

Timely
Group Contributor

Oh, I do read off it, but it's different. Say for example the wiki says Cirno has a childish personality
Reading that and reading "I'll cryo-freeze you with a side of english beef!"

or Marissa is a liar or play and read "[the Daidarabotchi] went underground" *Cirno leaves for underground* *Marrisa gets up* "Well, that was a complete lie!"

So more gimmicky? Thought is was going to be more retroish and play like EOSD, but good to hear it's fun. And it's good to hear you did well by the end

Divine Path
Group Contributor

It's the mechanics that's being retro, not the Danmaku and their side effects.:pinkiesmile:
Hence...Seija.:trixieshiftright:

Also, did you not catch my sarcasm?:rainbowhuh:
Or did you ignore it?:raritydespair: That is fine though.:duck:

Also, I meant that you could play the game and then proceed to read the dialog and the spell Card names off the Wiki so that you know what's happening.:twilightsheepish:

Timely
Group Contributor

:derpyderp1:ahhh....Did not catch the sarcasm...
:twilightblush:

That could work, ok it can work, plus, well, I don't have to wait that way...

:pinkiehappy:Ok, you've talked me into it

Divine Path
Group Contributor

That happens.:twilightsheepish:
Have fun~!:twilightsmile:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Also, I seem to be one of the few people in the fandom who know every character in the series.:twilightoops:
I AM THE TOUHOU SAVANT!:twilightsheepish:
From Shingyoku to Shinmyoumaru, indeed.:trixieshiftright:
Also, Seihou.

Timely
Group Contributor

Cool! I always get mixed up on some, or end up with something like Shinji Ya-ba-daba-doo...:twilightsheepish: But for the most part, I can remember most of the first names.

Ah, and Seihou too? How'd those games play?

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Thank you.:twilightblush: But for the most part, you just need to love their names.:rainbowwild:
I'm a fairly book-smart person, so I remember most things English and Japanese.

The first game, Shuusou Gyoku plays out like a mix of EoSD and Mystic Square(Th05) with a very small hitbox and priority on reaction-time based patterns.
...the majority of the fundamental soundtrack is kind of...bad.:twilightsheepish:
The arranges though, are pretty excellent.:pinkiesmile:

The second game, Kioh Gyoku, plays out like Phantasmagoria of Dimensional Dream, featuring a much better soundtrack, the bosses of the previous game as playable characters and the surprise cameo of Kazami Yuuka as another playable character.:pinkiesmile:
The game also features the shield— your health to the extent that when it reaches zero, the next hit you take will end you. The shield regenerates.:pinkiehappy:

The third and final game plays out like EoSD/PCB/IN with improved graphics and more gimmicks with an additional combat phase which are pretty much Spell Cards.:rainbowderp:(Unless my memory fails me.)

The first game is fairly easy on Hard mode in comparison to some of the early Touhou games.
...at least on my computer which has a tendency to slow down games by 1/3.:duck:

EDIT: Again, you can read off the Touhou Wiki to know what they are saying.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Oh, and for backstories:
The Seihou universe takes place on Earth in an unknown future; broken and savaged by humans.
Some people are suffering, desperately trying to live on a planet which is starting to fall apart.

A corporation was started to attempt to build back the Earth(or so I think) by using a strange new type of cactus energy; the Saboten Energy.
Later, there was an accident which blew up a great part of the laboratories and proceeded to drag with it the daughter of the man behind it all into another dimension, stripping her of her identity in the process.
The man, Erich, losing both his daughter and half of his body had sworn he would rescue her, creating robotic incantations made for combat and waiting patiently for the day to arrive for one of them to finally break his daughter free.

In the present day, one of the robotic maids, VIVIT is told by her unknown master to go on a vague errand, whereas she proceeds to get attacked by multiple strangers. VIVIT must can't do anything by continue on.:twilightsheepish:
That story is kind of strange.

In the third game, machines have suddenly started acting aggressive, including her master(because h's a cyborg). She has to head out and fix the problem, naturally.:pinkiesmile:

Timely
Group Contributor

Found this, seems like a useful "Rage" reaction image

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Interesting point to bring up. If seija does everything that everyone (or say the majority of everyone) does backwards, you could also say she would love that which everyone hates correct?

This would mean that there would be a love pairing for her in Satori Komeiji. :D

Divine Path
Group Contributor

That is... interesting.:trixieshiftright:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24