Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Timely
Group Contributor

The dragon guard of the scarlet devil

(Personal note that has to do with the last note: I did manage manage to get a Meiling keychain at the convention, and a button of her too!)

Feel free to discus stuff like character design, head canons, theory's, opinions and the sort.
Feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic subject
Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, these are gonna spread out, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, go here Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.
Copy Paste: end

Of all the Touhou characters Hong Meiling is probably the one that I would want to meet, since she is probably the nicest person in Gensokyo. Why do I say this? Well most of this is based on fanon but even canon wise she still has been known to help people from time to time. If I remember correctly one account said they passed out somewhere and she brought them into the SDM (completely unharmed and unrestrained) when he/she woke up they quickly left because they don't want to run into any of the inhabitants there.

In fanon she is usually the one that does things for others, the most she does for herself is normally take naps. Not always the case since it is fanon but that is what I have seen of her most of the time.

Oh and one other thing people tend to forget: she is also the SDM's gardener.

"Because only good people love flowers..."

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Meiling have been guarding this gate for at least a century. Her martial arts skills are legendary, her fists inspired fear and she would of course kick the ones foolish enough to challenge her to combat across the land.

But suddenly, she found herself with rarely any challengers, in a land where magic dominates physical combat, where her mediocre magic is easily outmatched by the majority of the inhabitants.

Growing bored, she gains a great bad habit of sleeping regularly, and thus, isn't able to keep watch.
Until eventually, she loses her practice over martial arts.
She hoped that one day, someone strong will challenge her to a physical battle; so that she may finally re-obtain her skills and become the terror f the east once more.:twilightsheepish:

As her ability is t manipulate QI, she may be able to induce instant death on an opponent simply by extinguishing it, or knock them unconscious by lowering it to dangerous lengths.
Additionally, she can fuel her own so that she can fight with the strength of an Oni even if her limbs can barely take any more.

It is a sad thing though that not many dares fight her, and those who do do not add to her experience.:facehoof:

1266116 my fan theory about her is this.

Funnily enough, contrary to popular belief, Meiling's tendency to fall asleep at her post is actually canon. Remember her entire story arc in Hisoutensoku? That was all about her falling asleep at her post while reading an action manga. :trollestia:
No, actually, I'm being completely serious.

Timely
Group Contributor

My favorite version of Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 and this comic are starting to make me wonder if the lochness monster could qualify as a sort of dragon....

1266116 I'm late but may I just say favorite Touhou everrrrrrr?

Timely
Group Contributor

1825700 Not at all. She's my favorite too!

1826036 Hell yeah! Nue's a close second, but China will always remain best. I have three plushes of her :derpyderp2:

Timely
Group Contributor

I have three plushes of her

This one? link
I was really hoping to find one at a convention I went to awhile ago, but no luck there, guess it's out of production. Still, I'm happy for you ^_^

1830484 That's one of them. I also have a SFW body pillow of her

Timely
Group Contributor

1830492 Didn't know they made those, but then again considering I saw one of the tenth Doctor and Sherlock, I should not be surprised. I did get a chibi keychain and a button of her that's the same as the topic picture

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13