Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Timely
Group Contributor

(First off, sorry for taking a long time to do this, forgot. I have trouble with calendars and telling time.:ajbemused: Also, thinking of doing these in order of appearance in the games. )

Now it's the ordinary magician's turn

Feel free to discus stuff like character design, headcanons, theorys, opinions and the sort.
Feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic suject
Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, these are gonna spread out, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, go here Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.
Copy Paste: end

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I'll probably do it later.:twilightsheepish:
Thank you, for appointing me the head-mistress of Olden mythology-or the main sage of the PC-98.:raritywink:

Nonetheless, that Kirisame Marisa.

She's the complete opposite of Reimu; a brazen hard-head who never takes time to plot out her strategies and rather fill the area with stars and lasers.
She seem to not really care about the well-being of others, but she treats every stranger as a good friend...which doesn't say much in Gensokyo.

She's laid back and playful, but unlike Reimu not worried about actually making an effort to do something.
Despite being a typical tomboyish teen, she loved books and literature; frequently borrowing them alongside valuables from the various residents.

She's generally rude and tricky in the way she handles people, to the point of insulting random Youkai without a care until they are befriended and likewise, doesn't care about disasters or rampaging evils. She's just there because she might have a fun sparring partner or because Reimu's there.
Yet, she does not like it when people are genuinely hurt or suffering, so she'll make certain whoever does this will pay.

I'm short, she's a very uncaring person with a responsible side hidden within mountains of easiness.:twilightsheepish:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Theories:
1)The reason she had red hair in SoeW was a similar reason why Reimu's became brown in EosD- the magic she was using temporarily dyed it red until she mastered it in PoDD.
2) The reason she wanted to learn magic was because saw it in action as a young child.(younger than what she was in the PC-98s)
3) She's going to live a bit longer than the average human because of her powerful magic while still being mortal.
4) Her affinity with water, should it be harnessed, can be used in healing spells.

That's all I have for now...:twilightsheepish:

FlanChan
Group Admin

I think that she was transported to Gensokyo as a very young child, and she needed to learn magic to survive among the youkai (she's really adventurous and didn't want to stay in the Human Village.) So she found a mentor, but also copied other opponents' attacks (ex. Master Spark).
That's my two cents :twilightblush:

Timely
Group Contributor

Ah, you saw that... I Removed that a little bit after I posted the topic, I didn't want to put you on the spot about it, but since you're ok with it...

4) Her affinity with water, should it be harnessed, can be used in healing spells.

All the more reason for her to steal Patchouli's books then. :twilightsmile:

Interesting

Timely
Group Contributor

My theory is that somehow, as a child, she saw or read something with a witch and thought they were cool, so she decided to become one, and went full on on the witch theme(the same any of us would do if we could do if we had magic, Jedi force things, or super-powers)

Ah, yes, the black-white western witch.
Quite the interesting one, she is.

First appearing in Story of Eastern Wonderland (RED HAIR), she showed up as sort of a minor character in the sense that she was Mima's lackey. She basically was just there as Mima's meatshield, using the Orreries Suns that she quite obviously learned from Mima to do so.
Reappearing in Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream, she followed Mima and joined Reimu at the crash site of the Probability Space Hypervessel. Due to Chiyuri's lie of promising a prize to whom first comes in, after she beats Yumemi, she wishes for a weapon of great power and gets Mimi-chan, a missile that she had no idea how to use.
She sneaked off to the lake behind the shrine during Lotus Land Story, sensing magic beyond belief and ventured forth to make it hers. In a way, she did, having incorporated Yuuka's GIANT LASER as her signature move.
Being primarily bored one day, she found Reimu bashing through the gate to Makai and decided to follow her for some excitement, and the events of Mystic Square began.
Marisa, one day after changing her clothes, decided to battle with some sort of maid-cyborg on errands whom didn't seem to be from Gensokyo...
Sometime after a certain upgrade of computers, Marisa couldn't see the lake from the red sky, and the Scarlet Incident occurred.
After being awoken from her nap under the sakura trees during the winter of May, she notices a trail of petals leading somewhere, and stopped the Spring Incident.
Noticing the large amounts of feasts, she helped contain the fury of the oni.
She ultimately blamed Reimu and Yukari for the frozen moon, but still accompanied Alice in defeating the REAL culprit.
Although the flowers blooming out-of-season didn't stray Marisa's mood, she still wanted to be the first to find out who did it.
Overhearing that Reimu's shrine is going to be overtaken, she feels as if she isn't going to do anything, and takes it upon herself to do so.
In Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, she... couldn't dry her laundry. So she goes and beats up the girl responsible for the weird weather.
She was overjoyed when the hot spring at the shrine popped up, but the buzzkill Patchouli told her to go and seal up the Earth spirits pouring from it.
Her greed overflowed from her when she noticed the giant ship floating up above, and followed it, hoping to "borrow" its riches.
Marisa was trying to enjoy the hot springs one day, but that idiot ice fairy got in her way, so she tricked her into going into the nuclear plant. (Poor Cirno...)
That stupid tengu reporter wanted pictures of her for no reason! She had to defend herself from this solicitation.
Cirno approached her during the flower viewing and, fascinated by her story of the defeat of the Fairies of Light, decides after some convincing to take her on (with only motivation-draining lasers, of course).
Divine Spirits coming in from that temple graveyard was blocking the flower-viewing, so Marisa decides to be the first one to defeat the one responsible.
Fascinated by how popular she became with the locals after beating Reimu, she decides to go and fight to be the most popular, until she meets a mysterious masked girl whom wanted to steal her hope away...
Finally, her precious hakkero starts to act up and shoots flames instead of bullets! On top of that, the youkai coming around seem to be rowdy, and act as if they're coming to test their strength against her, Reimu, and Sakuya. Oh, well; time to roast some youkai kebabs!

(Wall of text; yes, that is every game she has been in (i.e. every game except for HRtP and StB) and her reasons for being in each of them. Overall, this somewhat fits the description that DP gave, although to be more in-depth, she seems to be a fast, energetic type who likes to out-best her colleagues at every turn, taking every opportunity to grow more powerful. Though this is true, she doesn't like it when someone stomps around and threatens Gensokyo or her colleagues.)

And if you want any theories from me, they'll be - Marisa will be in Touhou 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, etc.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

That too, I suppose.
But then she might have known about Yukari..

Oh indeed.:pinkiehappy:

I'll probably add one later today when I'm not working with school-work, but thank you anyway.:raritywink:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Marisa being an exterminator and reminding us once again how dark Touhou can be.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9