Comments ( 269 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 269

I guess. I mean, who would have expected Kasen and Mokou? Sukuna, I expected someone from DDC to appear in the fighting game released after it, though not specifically her (was honestly hoping for Sekibanki or Kagerou).

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I was referring to Seija in Impossible Spell Card, but yeah, Shinmyoumaru and Mokou are unexpected.

Yeah, I had a feeling that's what you were referring to.

A bit off topic, but I found that some of the "impossible" spell cards were actually very easy without items. Particularly "Score Web".

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Or even the first non-spell.:3

Quick question (back to ULiL); which song are you looking forward to the most? Aside from the final two songs (for the unrevealed characters), I'm looking forward to Kasen's, Byakuren's, and Reimu's more than anyone else's, and that's actually saying something, given that the only song I'm iffy on is Ichirin's, and I've never really liked Futo's theme that much.

Also, I like how the childish Sukuna looks more aggressive in her card art than the grumpy Mokou.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Flowers Beneath the Battlefield/Battlefield of Hanahazama, definitively, but also Futo and Nitori's arranges in particular.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Shinmyoumaru dares to be badass in a way Mokou doesn't care to get serious enough to get. I'm assuming the latter isn't going to take these battles very seriously..

Aaaaaand everyone at shrinemaiden.org has officially subscribed to the "midboss is a returning character" theory. Great. While they do have some logic (Mokou and Kaguya always being together, Yuugi and the last of the Four Devas), the basis is that "Kasen is new, and they can only have two new characters", which to me doesn't make sense. Sure she's new to the games, but that doesn't mean she's new period. She's been around in the mangas for a while, and I doubt anyone seriously claimed "the Three Fairy's of Light are new because they didn't appear in the games before" when FW came out.

That makes sense, but it doesn't change how amusing it is to me.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Despite all the unorthodox things ZUN has done, they have never changed his formula. It makes no sense to think we'll get a returning character twice in a row.
Shinmyoumaru has a bowl. 'Nuff said.:3

They aren't guessing at the final boss yet, just the mid boss. They say it's either Kaguya (because Mokou), Yuugi (because Devas), or Nue (because why not?), although someone oddly tried to say Yukari or Reisen would appear. They're just... yeah...

Also, someone randomly mentioned Kogasa, though I can't tell if it was in relation to the game or if they just thought "Hey! Let's bring Kogasa in for no reason!"

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I know, I follow their discussions until it becomes too spoilery. It's obvious that the final boss will be new, but I do have to wonder why people think the midboss won't be. Scarlet Weather Rhapsody was to Immaterial and Missing Power as Urban legend in Limbo is to Hopeless Masquerade.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

A new web trial has been released, adding a difficulty selection screen, changing the character select. and finally giving Kasen two player Spell Cards. In addition, the two battle themes playing during the demo scenario are identified as Occult à la Carte and Seven-Orb Collection Showdown. :3

Divine Path
Group Contributor

http://sketdance.wikia.com/wiki/Occult_%C3%A0_la_carte

Occult à la carte (おかると あらかると, Okaruto arakaruto) is the song used in the seventh episode of the Sket Dance SD Character Flash Anime. It is sung by Reiko Yūki's seiyū Fumiko Orikasa.

No doubt, the second stage theme is related to Dragon Ball.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

...Though, it seems we have an extra slot.
Reimu, Marisa, Byakuren, Miko, Futo, Ichirin, Koishi, Nitori, Mamizou, Kokoro; 10 returning characters. Kasen, Mokou, Shinmyoumaru; 3 veteran newly promoted characters. Midboss, final boss; 2 newcomers. And yet....

Excuse me, I'm a derp. It was just the shrine maiden forums finally realizing it was silly to think there wouldn't be a midboss, and I got confused.

It's as legit as Mim- Wait...

In all seriousness, it's really odd to have your birthday soon (or, in my case, recently passed), but look forward to a different day more for a different reason.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Oh, happy late birthday then~

Divine Path
Group Contributor

You're very welcome.;)

I do hope they fix Kasen's AI in the full release. If she calls a certain spellcard on Lunatic AI level she just doesn't know what to do anymore :rainbowlaugh:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

It might be because when AI's declare Spell Cards, they focus their efforts on fulfilling certain criteria in order to use their Cards. Such as to avoid having Reimu waste Evil-Sealing Circle when the opponent isn't liable to take a hit from it.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Kasen might have been waiting for a response in order to counter and use the Card.

I was giving her plenty of oppurtunities, and could even freely attack her which is shown near the end. On Lunatic AI nonetheless~

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Indeed. It does seem to have broken her intelligence.:P

Artificial is nice, but Ingelligence is just silly~

Divine Path
Group Contributor

And now, the intelligence is lost.:raritydespair:

Hah! If the AI is still that bad in the full release, I may do well in this game!

I kept getting my butt handed to me by easy Marisa during Reimu's scenario of SWR. I'm not good at the fighting games. Compare getting to at least stage three (sometimes four!) in the main games on normal, and doing very well in the snap-shooting games (including ISC, technically).

Divine Path
Group Contributor

The unusually ruthless AI of Urban Legend in Limbo (aside from that Kasen strangeness) should still be fine even on Lunatic, if you play aggressively. They tend to be cautious if you pummel them enough, and avoid corners. (Not that I've been able to compare first demo and second demo Lunatic mode yet)
Practice makes perfect! I'm a Hard mode player for the danmaku games, and I always play on Lunatic for the fighters.:3 Also, you should make sure you have the right controls, and learn the movesets of the characters.

The problem I have is that I play too aggressively, and don't focus enough on dodging, which is key for any Touhou game (spinoffs included).

Divine Path
Group Contributor

There is a difference between spamming certain moves and knowing how to time breaking an opponent's guard to juggle them with the right moves. In the shooters, you have to know where to look and when to not move much at all to evade.

Dodging may be one thing in the fighters, but there are other ways. You need to keep the pressure on the enemy to get the upper hand, or you will end up in a defence and dodging cycle. With some practice, I've learned that something like Marisa's Magic Missile danmaku is extremely powerful, allowing me to wipe enemy danmaku away well and hitting the enemy fast and hard. Rushing in with her Witch's Leyline move to close the distance and drag the enemy into a combo. So far it's seemed like ULiL has melee attacks that are grazing, meant to break through danmaku to deal with spammers.
(I might also try to record my favourite Magic Missile to Master Spark combo, as I feel it deserves a spot of honour~)
(And my video had a .... joke hidden inside it, try to find it~)

Breaking an opponent's guard is for chumps, being able to dodge their attacks and hit them when they are vulnerable is how you do damage~ :duck:

Oh, and also, the demo's Lunatic spellcards were far harder than Lunatic level now is, I can say that from experience. Or the moveset changes made everything easier, I'm not too sure which it would be~

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Reading opponents' attacks is a necessary skill I've learnt from playing Skullgirls, yeah, but for the aerial fighters I like to move up to them and do a weak melee attack to make then flinch before beating them up.

Is that so? I wonder if it's noticeable, then~

Considering how much I struggled in the first demo and how easy the web trial has become to me :derpytongue2:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

There has undeniably been some balancing, especially with Kasen~

You guys... realize I'm talking about SWR right now, right? From what I can tell, SWR and HM play very differently.

Did... did Abraham Lincoln just comment on Shrine Maiden forums?

Also, MLP tomorrow, ULiL the next day... and I'm not looking at either until Tuesday, my next day off. So, I won't be posting here and I will only look here one more time (tomorrow morning) until then. See you then!

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Yes they do, but the core of gameplay is still the same.:3

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Po... Po... Po...

The Download Link for ULiL is now avaible!
It and the download link for the Touhou 15 demo can be found on this page.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Thank you for the download link, by the way!:pinkiehappy:

Okay, I've succumbed to the anticipation and spoiled myself somewhat. I haven't been able to play yet, but hope I can at least have fun exploring everyone, including the final boss. I hear talk of there actually *not* being a midboss other than Kasen. All of my what. Only one new character from the fighters, it seems. And while Kasen is a character who has never once before been in a game, she is a veteran. Still, what a twist. That seems to indicate this game has fourteen playable characters now, which is odd.
Also, I've seen all the Last Words. Koishi is really, really, really creepily awesome, and so is Kokoro's. Byakuren riding a motorcycle is also incredible. "Red or blue? Here, have both!"
I don't know much about Sumirenko, (whose name I managed to forget darn it only to give in and do mild research) other than that her species is "school girl," and that she is from the Outside World, and that she is strongly related to the Sealing Club as the first president. I feel as though she will become a new favourite character if only I can play.

I knew since this morning there are only 14 characters as I played through it, a bit disappointing but damn the new character is more interesting than I could have hoped, she reminds me of a certain PC-98 boss~
Mokou's is still the most badass, blowing herself up... but Mamizou's has to be my favourite for the Men in Black stuff going on~
She is said to be an ancestor of Renko from what I've read. Agreeing to what I read, she is to Renko what Yukari is to Maribel~
Her moveset is quite fun to use, it's obvious that she has strong ESP powers (ESP is her occult power), but is physically weak.

I can say at the moment that the characters I like fighting with are:
Reimu, Marisa, Mamizou, Hata, Mokou and the new character~
Kasen only has one spellcard that makes her Lunatic AI function properly though....

And then, I get a combo on Mamizou that just looks comical, I cannot help but laugh at the final hit of it~ :rainbowlaugh:

(For some reason, the quality does not want to go beyond 360p on it, but ah well)
((Oh, now it has... derp~))

Divine Path
Group Contributor

She's a seventeen year old occultist and a final boss. Yumemi was a science professor with no innate magical power and was a final boss. Where do these humans come from and why are they so awesome? But seriously, I love her design, and I'm holding off on the true extent of her awesomeness by not looking at her moves. I will take another look at her Last Word, though. :rainbowkiss: This game I want so much.
I hope she'll be fixed then. Oh, and as much of a jolt to my OCD as the missing slot is, it brings me hope ZUN will deviate a whole lot more and do unexpected, wonderful things more often. Such as introducing another PC-98 character, anyone, because she'll suit the purpose he found for her.

She did remind me of Yumemi very instantly, and Renko as well. I actually forgot what her final word was at the moment, but I know my favourites are still Mamizou and Mokou for humour and badassery~ :rainbowkiss:

Also, what do you think of my combo there? :duck:
(I do so love a good old fashioned Tanuki Beat Up~)

Divine Path
Group Contributor

From what I glimpsed off it the first time, it consists of an absolutely breath-taking view of the Outside.
It was indeed humourous. Mamizou, who barely takes the fights seriously, is a walking crowning moment of funny in regards to her moves~

Aaaaaah, yes, I remember now, the one that reminded me of the Rapture~
Mamizou seems to be pretty well tweaked to doing combos with her set, and I really love using her for that reason~
Reimu is basically Reimu, she is all around good and will always be able to fight.
Marisa is just a blitzer, and she has some of the funner stuff. Such as piano combos, and my favourite Magic Missile to Master Spark combo.
Hata seems to have wide ranges on her attacks and great combo possibilities, I feel like I have yet to exhaust a combo of sufficient length from her~
Mokou is... well, you need to get some of her mechanics a bit before you can use her well, but oooooh, does it feel good to fight with the most badass character in my opinion~
(Plus equally badass Last Word~)

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Okay, apparently Sumireko's urban legend is the end of the world as we know it. In other words, the apocalypse.
I really like Sumireko so far.

The light is more reminiscent of the Rapture, which is sort of also the end of the world~

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Okay then. I don't know the Rapture.:P

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 269