Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34
Divine Path
Group Contributor

To Master Thread

Link to blog

Sorry about that, guys. I got a bit excited and made a thread before I could get to my computer. So, it seems Touhou 15 will be released before 14.8, as with Imperishable Night and Immaterial & Missing Power. This looks interesting, and I am definitively looking forward to this.

I squealed several times after learning of this.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Reisen and Sanae are playable.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

So, besides Reimu being more doll-like than usual, it seems there is a mechanic which nullifies extra lives. I wonder what this DISABLE mode entails? EDIT: Possibly some sort of forced Last Spell mode which allows you to not lose any lives if hit?
The game will be released alongside Urban Legend in Limbo as a demo on the tenth of May on Reitasei.:3

OHMYGODREISENISINAMAINGAMEFINALLY!
And Sanae returns? Then I will certainly love it :pinkiehappy:

I'm already curious what would happen to 14.8 though... Unless it's an extra surprise?
(Or I can be uninformed about it, that can also be something of course)

DISABLE can also be a 1 life mode where the player will lose when they get hit once... or it can be related to a practice mode.

Also, doing a quick bit of investigating, I think the japanese part of the name translates to "Eastern House of the Deep Blue Spirits". That's taking the context of the rowing paddle and spirit coming from it on the main page into consideration as well.
EDIT: "Spirits" can also be something around "Gem" or "Pearl", though I just cannot be sure of what exactly it would be.
And "House" can also be "Legend"... okay I really shouldn't attempt to translate those bits it seems :raritydespair:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I think Sakuya is saved for special occasions. A bit of a pity she isn't as active in incident resolving as she used to be, though. Anyway, the title, courtesy of cuc, is translated as "Eastern Tale of the Ultramarine Orb."

Title means roughly "Eastern Tale of the Ultramarine Orb". The titular "Ultramarine Orb" (Kanju, mandarin: gàn zhū), is a gem said to belong to Zhang Yue, a prime minister of China's Tang dynasty. When he forgot something, he would hold the gem in his hand, and be able to remember everything.

I thought I posted this comment. Huh.

I was close then I guess... but went with alternate choices for the translations of each word because those didn't seem right :twilightsheepish:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I'm pretty sure it was far more accurate than anything I'd come up with.

I do wonder what Reisen is doing among the heroes, though a gem that can help remember seems like something that could be related to the Lunar Capital or something.

Hmm... Reisen seems to be holding a gun :rainbowlaugh:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Yes, she is holding a gun, and yes, the Lunar Capital might be involved somehow.

Reisen? REISEN!? Wha- Are they going to the MOON?

Well, this could be a 20th anniversary to remember!

zel
Group Contributor

20 years and he still draws like a preschooler

Dude, no. Don't do that. That's degrading.

How dare you insult preschoolers like that.

Seriously, though, his artwork does need work. Work that probably will get shoved aside in favor of more music.

Yeah how dare you insult my skills :derpyderp2:

I really don't mind if it has bad graphics, the fandom makes plenty good art :derpytongue2:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

It has become a style.:3

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I love hyperish hype

Divine Path
Group Contributor

There should be five new characters rearing themselves into canon.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Supposedly, there was found within the screenshots something called "Perfect Mode" and the text "Save Data Interrupted." The former seems to suggest there is some sort of mechanic which rewards performance play, the second that you can make temporary save files after you complete a stage, or "Chapter", whatever that means.
EDIT: Perfect mode could just be a difficulty.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

It appears the mallet is splattered with blood.
Well, I certainly did not expect another rabbit, nor for a boss to appear on the disc cover.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

People, I love this content.:rainbowkiss:

Oooh, is ZUN returning with the moon saga then? I do hope so~

Divine Path
Group Contributor

That was kind of expected, considering the foreshadowing in ULiL and the general backstory as seen in Reisen's bio for the game~

I'm playing the demo right now, whilst wayiting for the ULiL download~

I obviously tried Reisen first, and she has a pretty nice shot set. Her bomb is also perhaps the most interesting bomb I've seen in a while~~

Now I see~

The main gimmick of the game is it's extra game mode. In this gamemode, each stage is divided up into chapters with a lot of waypoints in them. If you lose a life at any point, you will return to such a waypoint, restoring bombs and power (minues 0.01 power as punishment). Each spellcard in a bossfight and even non-spell is a chapter as well, so this mode seems to be great for people practicing to perfect it. Very remarkable~

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Supposedly, the titular Ultra-Marine Orb is something primarily in possession of Reisen, because Eirin and Kaguya were prepared for the lunar invasion. How it came into the possession of the other protagonists, I don't know. The orb has the power to see into the future, and to rewrite as it is seen fit, because the Lunarians do not respect the Spell Card rules and will attempt to kill the protagonists, making every hit a threat. As such, for protection, the orb allows the wielder to ignore their death, much like how Reisen's bomb allows her to shrug off death as an "illusion", as Garlude mentioned. The Pointdevice mode is the main game, in a way. I played through Hard mode with no prior experience. Seiran is pretty simple, albeit almost as difficult as a Stage 3 boss on the same difficulty, really. Ringo is okay save for her last spell which took me almost an hour to best. Then there's Doremi, which is pretty okay until her last two Spells.
EDIT: Okay, Eirin was the one who provided the other characters with an Orb, and sent them on their way, seeing as this is potentially a rather serious incident. Interestingly, this now means Sanae now knows Eientei. Yay for meeting new people!

Reading the story we have so far, it makes sense for it to be considered harder than most games.

First, that machine that's rampaging through Gensokyo is literally stomping out all life it can. The only other incident that could be considered this hazardous would be SA (Utsuho trying to turn the surface world into a blazing hell), and we remember that game's reputation.

Second, the moon rabbits have a mental link of sorts, meaning they can warn the later bosses (either directly or by getting another moon rabbit to tell them) about what is headed their way. That way, later bosses could adapt to the protagonist.

I can't say the soundtrack so far is my favorite, but it's not the worst. *coughtdcough* I am waiting for the rest of it before making a definite decision on how much I like it.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

You might need to let it grow on you. Personally, the first stage theme is the best thing ever, but I only found this after listening for a bit.

Yeah, I'd like to listen to it more (Doremy's theme seems to be getting to me), but I'm spending too much time job hunting.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Best of fortune with that, then.:3

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Everyone, the full version is out, and let me say; that Kishin Sagume is really, really not my favourite person right now.

Oh wow, thanks for the head's up.
Reisen's a character?
If there is any Eientei group interaction, I'd probably fangirl spectacularly. (Not sure if using fangirl as a verb is appropriate.) :pinkiegasp:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Yup, due to the relevance of the moon. Eirin interaction happens, yeah, and Kaguya appears in an ending.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

You're kind of late to the waiting party, but the game is out now, so it's all good.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34