Human in Equestria 16,832 members · 16,990 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I was reading some Berserk manga today and thinking, "Man, what a nightmare it would be if the Black Swordsman himself showed up in this saccharine world!" What horrors would follow him to the most peaceful of lands, Equestria? Who knows, maybe with no horrifying traumatized souls to work on, demons wouldn't appear and the swordsman could find peace?

I don't think it would help. They would probably just possess the pretty little ponies and induce our cursed anti-hero into a bloodbath the likes of which no one in that world has ever seen!

Although I must admit, it would be hilarious to see him get whipped by Fluttershy like Discord was! :yay:

What do you guys think?

It's as you said before. Manga has past its best before date in mainstream media, that's why it was dropped from cable. Just like sci-fi "grim robot future" as you put it Manga whilst still very pleasing to watch can be a bit dry and much too blunt... sometimes with plot lines more fucked than a Land Rover gearbox.

Also manga characters have a tendency to state the absolute fucking obvious...

But still manga is quite pleasing to watch, and I have no intention of ever stopping watching it. :twilightsmile:

and then Griffith>>1461540 come out of fucking nowhere and fucks shit up.

Yes. I'll agree, Berserk is more of the bloody, mindless gore-wank adventures that plague every type of media. Let's face it, it's hard to come up with original content anymore. Everything has been done.

Maybe after I've gotten through my current mindless violence-fest story I might take a crack at this idea. I do have one question. Which would you rather see, Guts before he got his badass darkness armor or after? I figure his armor is a bit too over-powered but then again, he will be slaughtering entire towns-worth of ponies/monsters.

That would be like putting Alucard against Celetsia... In short Celestia is fucked because Alucard is ridiculously OP and commands and mind bogglingly massive undead army, oh and he can't die

True. Maybe if you made away with that whole "being a badass means magic doesn't work as well on you" bullshit then he might have something to fear from unicorns. If she can float away an ursa minor, she can float away an incredibly dense, rage-fueled swordsman with a ton of metal in one hand!

He stabbed someone with a gun... WITH THE ACTUAL GUN!!!

Okay so mayyyyyybe have to take away all his gear. I figure if I did do the whole Guts in Equestria thing, he would end up being swallowed by the ocean after his battle with that giant whale monster thing. Ooh, maybe the inquisition or a member of the god hand makes it to magical ponyland and he is the only one to stop them! It doesn't have to be him vs. the world.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11