CMC Clubhouse 972 members · 2,137 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
MLPfield 3
Group Admin

I'm not a cook in any way until it comes to a grill. Can you make muffins out of pancake batter?

I think oyu can, but you need to add more substans (flour etc) and yeastor baking poweder because pancake batter doesn't swell in the oven

4408668 No, but you can make Yorkshire puddings.

Edit: here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_pudding

pancake batter doesn't swell in the oven

It bloody well does! You need a very high temperature (around 220°C to 240°C). Cook for around 15 minutes, until they turn golden brown.

Very important: don't open the oven door until they're fully cooked, or the cold air will make them collapse.

It does? Huh, that's new to me...but of course with very high tempratures it's possible...

Sweetiebellema121
Group Admin

I'm not entirely certain to be honest:twilightsheepish:

4408697 Much like a soufflé. Adding water to a soufflé if it deflates actually helps, so I have heard.

Pancake ingredients:
(4 servings.)

-2 1/2 dl of flour
-6 dl of milk
-3 eggs
-1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
-2 spoons of butter

Basic muffin ingredients:
(12 muffins.)

-3 dl of flour.
-1 dl milk
-2 eggs
-2 dl sugar
-100 g of butter
-2 teaspoons of baking powder
-2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar

...I'm going to say no. The proportions of the ingredients are radically different, and pancake batter misses some key ingredients, notably the baking powder and sugar. Even if you somehow got it to work, your muffins would probably still taste like pancakes.

Fun fact: "Making pancakes out of it" is a common Swedish saying for failing spectacularly at a task.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8