The Known World 327 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36
Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

belonging to the same family as Hel Hounds as well as the various Sapient Canine Races, Dogs, Wolves, Coyotes, Foxes, and Temple Dogs (Khaan's unique "Lion-Dog" family) make excellent pets if trained properly

DOGS

Crup

a common pet in Trottingham, simply resembling a Jack Russell Terrier with a forked tail.

Cù-Sìth

Native to Glascolt/Coltland, this is a large dog, the size of a young bull. Its fur is shaggy, and usually dark green, though sometimes white. Its tail is described as being long and coiled up.

Shunka Warakin

a large, fierce predator native to Equus, the Shunka Warakin is well known for killing other canines

Laelaps

also known as Canis Major (Minor if it's a puppy) the Star Dog is one of the best trackers in the world

Wasp Eater

a small, six-legged tree climber that mainly eats wasps and bees

Axehandle Hound

Distinctly native to Equus, this dog is a nocturnal prowler. Frequents the camps after nightfall hunting for axe and peavy handles, of which it is voraciously fond. One hound has been known to consume two boxes of handles and sixteen six-foot peavy stocks in one night's eating. They make nice pets, but are costly to feed. they don't like oak wood.

Dragon Dogs

Originally bred by the ancient Shetlanteans, these massive canines have spread across the world. Though friendly, they are still giant fire breathing dogs.

Itzcuinhipotli

This terrier-sized, hairless canine is a scavenger native to the Badlands.

Cave Shrieker

Native to Tapiri, the metabolism of the Cave Shrieker is slower than most mammals, so they require less food, and their body temperature is not much higher than the environment, reducing heat dispersion. Their fur, completely devoid of pigment, is short and white; a waxy coating keeps the body dry when the shriekers dive in the cold water.

The snout, flat and folded as that of a bat, is adapted to receive soundwaves, as are the huge, hairless ears. Hundreds of thin whiskers sprout in every direction: they can detect every air current, every wrinkle in the rocks. Eyes, however, lay buried under thick callous skin. The jaws are short and heavy, with blunt teeth to crush the carapace of the giant shrimps.

Cave shriekers usually live and hunt alone, mostly fishing in the ponds and streams, sometimes leaping after bats. While touch and smell have a vital role in navigating the Tunnel's environment, preys are mainly identified via echolocation. Quick pulses of high-pitched sounds are produced by tapping the root of the tongue against a specialized appendage of the larynx. Sound waves are then received by the peculiar facial structure. Preys are crushed between the jaws, and usually swallowed whole; the carapace of crustaceans is regurgitated afterwards.

WOLVES

Dire Wolf

found in the far north, dire wolves are simply larger versions of grey wolves, but have green eyes.

Ice Warg

the largest of the wargs, Ice Wargs are also the easiest to domesticate

Plains Warg

Widespread, these Wargs measure about 5 feet at the shoulder, and can be up to eight feet in length from snout to hindquarters. The head has a short muzzle full of huge fangs, small eyes set on the sides of the head and ears at the back of the skull. This arrangement gives a great sensory range while keeping its vulnerable areas protected, and the long prehensile neck gives it reach, flexibility and power when biting into flesh. Apart from its ruff, the warg had short dense fur, which keeps injury from tooth and claw to a minimum. Coloration and patterning of the fur doesn't seem to vary throughout the breed. Powerful haunches and a dewclaw allow this warg species to climb

Lupus

Star Wolves, native to Equestria.

Following the vein of the unrelated Ursa, young Lupus are called "Minor", while adults are "Major".

the average Lupus Minor is pony-sized, and often works in groups to harry prey before making a kill.

Lupus Majors are the size of an alicorn, though red-furred individuals can grow as large as a buffalo. they often lead a pack of Lupus Minor

Waheela

Waheela are massive Saber-toothed arctic wolves roaming the tundras of the world. Massive, vicious and traveling in packs, while their presence makes smaller creatures tremble beneath their shadow, the large canines rarely prey on any smaller creatures. No, their appetites are great, and they usually hunt larger prey, being of course the Ice Giants and mammoths.

COYOTES

Lupardus

the fastest canine of Concordia's plains, the Lupardus is an excellent hunting companion.

Bonecruncher

a Concordian carrion eater, able to crush even the thickest bones.

Xolot

a small, burrowing coyote native to Concordia

Bog D'hawg

native to Equestrian swamps, the Bog D'hawg is a large, magical creature that has been known to devour small, naughty children. Or large, naughty adults. Or, in fact, large innocent adults. It's not a particularly picky animal. It is, however, remarkably fast, and implacable in pursuit of prey. If you have a problem with a Bog D'hawg, it's best to call a witch. As soon as possible.

FOXES

Teyu-yargua

Also known as Teju-Jagua, Yaguarú, Jaguaru, Teyu-Yargua, Yaguaruich, and Ñaguaru, this Tapiri canine has golden scales, 7 heads, a lizard-like tail, and the ability to shoot fire from its eyes. It is valued as a guardian animal.

TEMPLE DOGS

Komainu

Neighponese canines often used by the Kirin to guard shrines (Except shrines dedicated to Inari, where Kyubi are used), Komainu are often found/raised in pairs, warding off unwelcome intruders (an ability to see a creature's aura aids them in this) with their distinctive "Aum" bark.

Foo Dog

Smaller than their Neighponese relatives, these Manechurian canines serve a similar role, but have also been bred into several strains:

Stone (石獅: Shíshī): Grey
Bronze (銅獅: Tóngshī): Bronze
Auspicious lion (瑞獅: Ruìshī): White
Fortuitous (福獅: fúshī): Gold
Imperial (佛獅: fóshī): Jade

Cheondung Neugdae

Native to Ib'xian and Neighpon (where they are called Jinouga), the average size of an adult cheondung neugdae is approximately 1455.4cm. They have surprising agility for such a large monster, and sharp claws attached to strong muscular fore-limbs are used to deliver a fatal blow to prey and hunters, as well as helping them to climb mountains and rocky terrain.

It can also harness the power of electricity, using it to take down larger prey and to defend itself and its territory. Juvenile cheondung neugdae have more hair on their bodies compared to adults and is white in color. It is believed that the increased hair protects the juvenile's shell and help speeds up the storage of electricity. This fur will shed as the juveniles mature into adulthood. In a supercharged state, they seem to glow, internally and externally. When supercharged, the spikes on their backs erect in order to release excess electricity so that they don't injure themselves or possibly die from too much electricity surging in their bodies.

Cheondung neugdae are somewhat similar to true wolves, and even howl like them. But they do not form packs, preferring life as solitary hunters. According to eyewitnesses, adults make groups to raise their young. During this period of time it is ill-advised to approach them, as the adults will aggressively attack any intruders getting too close to their offspring

LoneUnicornWriter
Group Admin

Wow, I really like this thread! :D The Waheela really had me off my seat there XD

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3244020 yeah. BIG puppy

If you get this reference you gain the iron throne (no that wasnt it.)

you know nothing Jon Snow

Also DIRE WOLVES! :yay: major whoop de whoop!

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3244076 Game of Thrones.

All hail the king of westeros!

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3244081 Already prince of Neighpon, but Cool!

....i wouldnt like sitting on the iron throne....sitting down and one wrong move and going to the toilet is gonna hurt for a helluva long time

Again. Like the last topic we decided to drol and never talk about again. Shall we do the same with this one?

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3244177 yes. you may take your pet Crup now

.....Awesome :rainbowkiss:. Thqnks your highness :3

(Funny thing is i actualy have a jack russel dog :P )

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3244243 (do you? or do you have a crup with a cropped tail?:ajsmug:)

(My god....how could i have been so blind!?....Everyone can teleport.....TOO SPACE!!!!....yeah that turned into pewdiepie :pinkiecrazy::rainbowwild:)

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3246955 wait until you read the newest thread

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3246961 No, the descendants of colonists from Shetlantis.

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3244020 added two new ones

LoneUnicornWriter
Group Admin

3265010 Yeah, I really like how both were written, but I like the Foo Dogs the most :) Nicely done. :pinkiesmile:

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3265043 ...I meant the Laelaps and Shunka Warakin:twilightblush:

anyway, have you read the Sapient Primates and non-sapient Apes posts?

LoneUnicornWriter
Group Admin

3265136 The Shunka looks like a lion from the face, and Laelaps are good too. I feel ideas popping around in my head already with Shunka Warakin. Yes, but I actually haven't I've been reading through older blogs to keep familiarizing myself with them, so much of the newer ones I read, but I won't be familiar much with them. Very sorry. :ajsleepy:

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3265155 not a problem, I completely understand!:twilightsmile:

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3265258 I can't wait to see chapter 3:twilightsmile:

LoneUnicornWriter
Group Admin

3265264 :twilightblush: Yes, hehe, can't wait to have it out there. :scootangel:

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

3265268 Shisha have been uplifted to sapients. see the newest thread

Comment posted by Sphinx_Herald deleted Dec 22nd, 2015

3243929 Question: What about Timber wolves, or were they covered in an earlier post?

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

4936978 covered in a different post.

Timberwolves are a specific type of Plant known as a Woodbeast

The link to the Sapient Canines thread is broken.

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

5123345 thank you, i'll fix it immediately

Are you going to add sylveon to the eon foxes?

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36