RP R us 94 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1351 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,351

BECAUSE: REASONS!

Anyway, figure I don't know just about everypony in this group, so why not do one of those random get together RPs to fix that. NSFW tag is just a little insurance at this point because I don't really know what's going to happen here. Might have to throw up a clop tab...

Also, I'm a quality snob. Please refrain from overly short posts-slash-replies to the topic. :pinkiesmile:

Speaking of topic: Island getaway/vacation! Have fun at this all expense paid resort fully equipped with numerous food joints, pools, sports fields, spa treatments and a completely open room assignment system that'll fail to keep others out of your room without specifically telling the staff that you'd like a room with locks on the doors/windows/trapdoors!

Have fun~:pinkiecrazy:

EXTRA INFORMATION RIPPED FROM LATER POST REPOSED HERE BECAUSE: REASONS!

To everypony reading this: If you haven't joined yet, feel free at any time! More players means more fun! If you're already a part of this, let me take the time to say thank you for playing and to point out that these happenings are not self contained stories, but are in fact part of a greater whole. It would behoove of you to read what's going on with the others for when things start to meld together. :raritywink:

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426147 Ozone, a sky blue mare with a crooked wing couldn't help but eye the colorful and attractive half-sea ponies of both genders as she walked by. unlike the full sea ponies that have to stay in water, half sea ponies are amphibious and could walk on lane

However, unknown to Ozone, sea ponies happen to have incredibly snobbish standards when it came to picking mates, though they sure as heck didn't outwardly show it. No, in fact these strange halflings happen to love the fact they're surrounded by ponies they would undoubtedly turn down after stringing them along for a short while.

The rest of the patrons, however, they're just your run of the mill ponies looking for a good time or some break from their day to day lives. One such pony, a yellow pegasus stallion with a red mane and a dark vest (of all things?), happens to bump into her. Evidently he wasn't looking where he was going either, though he happened to be looking at the various buildings and pondering the services they may or may not offer.

"Oh, uh, sorry 'bout that, mam," he offers a hoof to help her back to hers, "Shoulda been payin' a bit more attention to where I was goin'..."

1426147 ((This guy is my character fyi))

An all expenses paid gig on an island resort.

Zeke had to admit it, it took a bit of getting used to. He wasn't used to stuff being all... Open. In the big cities, everything was close, everything was cramped. Here, they had all the space in the world, and if they ran out of it, they probably had the cash to make more.

He hoped to everything holy that nopony would make a "but it's a jungle, you should be used to it" comment, because that'd be just wrong, and Zeke would have to bite back some choice words and calmly, politely point out that Zebrica was a savannah, and that he was from Chicagoat anyways.

So he just sat on a bench overlooking the sea, breathing in the salty air, letting out a sigh. Yep, he was going to be in his element tonight.

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426230"No No the flat is mine." Ozone said elegantly as she lowered her head in a smiling blush as she was lifted up by the stallion this guy is a little cute

A good hoof-full of minutes pass like this, Zeke simply enjoying the feel and smell of the brine in the air, untill his rest is abruptly halted by a dull thud that causes the bench to vibrate in reaction. Obviously somepony decided it would be a good idea to plop down beside him. Now this was completely fine as far as the zebra was concerned, though when the smaller stranger slid right up to (and began to lean against) him, he felt things were just a little out of his comfort zone...

"Then I guess we both weren't paying any attention then?" He chuckles at this, "Glad I'm not the only one a little overwhelmed by all of this... Eh, resort stuff. Still wonderin' why my boss insisted I spend my vacation here and not back home in Cloudsdale, though..." He shrugs and turns his attention back to Ozone. "'name's Gingersnap. Yours?"

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426385 "My names Ozone Vortex." She said still blushing. "and personally...I'd do anything to get away from cloudsdale."

"Mm?"

Anypony else would have panicked, but the most Zeke did was give a small jump as this pony leaned against him, and then gently tilt his shoulder so that he- or she- would roll off of him. He gently pushed this other being to the side, raising at eyebrow at him/her/it/whatever.

"Ey, what gives? Do you do this to everypony you meet, or is it just me?" he murmured, his voice gentle yet firm.

1426416 "Somethin' happen?" Ginger replied, an eyebrow elevated, "Because I don't see any reason not to go back home for some time off... Have anything to do with that blush?"

Comment posted by carefreedude deleted Aug 4th, 2013
Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426440 Her face paled quickly. "N-N-no. It's just..." Her bad wing shifts a little. "bad memories..."

A young filly looked back at him, the lack of pupils to her eyes no doubt unsettling him a bit, especially when he realized her irises seemed to dance with multiple shades of lavender and violet. Couple that with the way her deep purple mane blew against the wind rather than with it and it became clear that whoever it was that had decided Zeke made a good cuddle buddy simply wasn't natural... And by the time this registered in the zebra's mind she was already beside him again, snuggling into his fur almost as if he were some stuffed animal she intended to fall asleep holding.

Up in the air above, a blue pegasus with purple hair was sailing through the air. As always, he had his trusty Hammer hanging from his back. He really didn't have much use for it and it made flying difficult, but he lugged it around anyways. He played enough Dead Island to know that you can never be too safe, especially on an island resort. In the middle of his flight, he noticed some mares sunbathing below. Due to his gawking, he failed to notice the beach volleyball hurtling towards his face from a nearby game. It smacks him and instantly puts him into a nose dive. He crashes in the sand next to some random pony sunbathing.

Ginger noded in an understanding way... If that were even possible.

"Then bury them and make new ones, eh?" He replied, patting Ozone on her withers, "And I'll be sure to not dig'm back up again. Didn' mean to rain on your good mood there."

"Duhm... Ohhh... Kay."

Yeah, something seemed a bit off with this filly. Those eyes just seemed to cut into him. Zeke glanced around, hoping to find something resembling a pair of parents, but if they were there, they were lost underneath the seas of beach bunnies and couples out on the prowl.

This sort of thing never happened in the city. If a filly was hugging a zebra like this in the city, something was inherently wrong.

"Uhm... What's your name?"

That's how they usually started, right? When they were bringing back lost kids and stuff? He was so stunned by all of this that he almost failed to notice the stallion crashing dramatically into the sand nearby.

Almost. Zeke noticed enough that he gave the guy a once-over, deciding he'd check up on him once the filly was dealt with.

The filly removed her face from Zeke's side to look up at him again, a genuine smile on her muzzle that would've been heartwarming if her eyes were remotely normal. She stayed like this for a few seconds before blinking a few times and looking away, brow furrowed as she began to piece something together, almost as if she didn't remember her own name... Soon enough her thoughtful spell passed, which she announced by somehow managing to snap her hoof like griffons sometimes do with their claws with a look of realization plastered all over her face. She then proceeded to point at her cutie mark, that of a screw sitting beside a ball, with that same innocent smile beaming up at her new friend.

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426525 She blushes again as she was patted. "it's really is fine."

1426547>>1426492

The stallion managed to pull his head out the sand after several tugs. Once regaining his senses, he set his hammer down on the ground behind him in order to gather his bearings.

He then noticed the zebra and the young filly he almost crashed into.

"Hey there mister." He said in a slightly delirious voice. "The name is Theo Stormhammer. Sorry for almost crashing into you and your daughter." He then brought a hoof up to his face. "Hey, did that volleyball leave a mark?"

"If you say so," Ginger shrugged before realizing just how close he is to her and backing up a bit while his face reddened a bit, "S-so, been here long?"

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426630 "Just a few days." Ozone amitted.

"Longer than me," Ginger pointed out, "I just flew in today, still haven't really gotten my bearings in this place, actually."

1426605>>1426614

"Man, you must be blind if you think this is my daughter," Zeke muttered, shaking his head and rubbing his temples with his forehooves. Alright, so she couldn't talk, she was waving her hooves around like a madmare, she was smiling like crazy and it was really... getting to him...

"Okay, so... She isn't mine. I swear. She just came up to me and started snuggling. Uhm, where are your parents?"

That was the next step, right? Ask where her parents where?

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426654 "I'm in room 1206. What room are you in?" (it be intresting if the hotel doubled book the room)

1426669>>1426614

The filly, "Screwball" if her cutie mark were anything to go by, instantly... normalized? At the mere mention of her parents her mane decided it would follow the wind for a while, and honest to goodness pupils formed in her now pale purple eyes. Eyes that began filling with tears as she began to silently sob into Zeke's coat. Whatever happened to them obviously wasn't something she was going to be talking about anytime soon, and was likely the cause of her... uniqueness.

Meaning she was probably an orphan with unholy magics coursing through her veins.

And she chose Zeke as her new caretaker...

Fun~:pinkiecrazy:

"Uh..." He rummages through a few of his vest's pockets before pulling out a slip of paper, "It... Huh... This can't be right..." He shows her the room's number: 1206. "Can it?"

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426760 "I-It can't...It's a small single bed room..."

1426669>>1426735

"Hey, sorry man. The way she was snuggling you, I just assumed." Theo responded, a little embarrassed by the situation.

He gave this filly a sad look as she cried in to Zeke's chest. "Hey, don't worry little one. Your in safe hooves. Everything will be f-"

He was caught off by a high pitch screech being emitted from his hammer. His hammer was warning him that there was unholy magic in the nearby vicinity.

Upon hearing this Ginger's face colors slight bit more, and he quickly sets himself to reading the page fully through.

"Alright... Its... Just a suggestion, according to this thing.." He furrows his brow and continues, "Aperently there are no room 'assignments' here... You just pick a room and crash there... What the heck's up with this place..?" He looks around at the buildings nearby, "That doesn't seem like it's safe at all..."

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426825 "Perhaps it's best with we room together" Ozone suggested

"Eh?" He glances back at her, "Why's that?"

1426735>>1426787

"Uhm... Oh. Okay..."

Zeke absently, and awkwardly, wrapped his hooves around the filly, gently shushing her. This... This wasn't right. This was broad daylight in one of the happiest places in the world, nopony should be crying...

"Shhh... It's okay..."

Something inside of him was welling up. It wouldn't be so bad if she stayed with him for a bit, right? Though the media would have a field day with it if things got interpreted the wrong way. Not that they would- such... things would seem out of character for him. Just keep her around for the afternoon, make sure she didn't get into trouble, might wanna check with the front desk...

For now, he just had to calm her down.

That ringing from the hammer wasn't helping.

"Hey! Dude! Shut that thing off!" Zeke grunted.

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1426880 "You can't just barge into some strangers room!"

"Which is why I find an unoccupied on of course," he raises an eyebrow, "Or ask for one of the few rooms with locks on the doors and stuff, says you can on the room assignment thingy."

1426904>>1426787

Indeed, that'd probably be the best course of action, considering she was pressing herself even closer to Zeke, trembling lightly in what was most probably fear.

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

He turns to face her fully, looking mildly concerned.

"You alright?"

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1427020 "I'll be fine. Looks out toward the setting sun. "Well goodnight." (will some pony come into her room at night

(Doubt it, folk aren't creepers here :P)

"Right then, seeya around." And with that he began to wander once more, this time hovering above the crowd to prevent collisions.

He was getting used to this.

Here he was, this filly he had just met a few minutes ago, and now he was stroking her hair and shushing her and all that.

He was really getting used to this.

Zeke didn't have a problem with that, it just sort of... Weirded him out. Especially if he found this filly's parents... No need for an emotional attachment, only she had now given him one. Huh. Whatever.

"Jus calm down... Nopony's gonna hurt you..."

After a minute or so of this gentle treatment her shivering comes to a stop, and sortly after this she pulls her face from his coat to wipe away the remainder of her tears with a foreleg... And once the remainder of the sadness had fled her features, the strangeness began to creep back in. However, instead of forcing Zeke into another hug, she instead ops to sit beside him, dancing eyes closed and a content smile touching her muzzle as she gently leaned against her newfound protector.

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1427080 (Maybe a drunk pony or something like that?) Ozone layed down in her head, she was sad that the Stallion she met wouldn't be with her tonight.

"...Alright, cool," Zeke mumbled, giving her a small squeeze. "Les go to the front desk and ask them 'bout your folks, kay?"

He gave her another squeeze, almost on instinct, and got off the bench, offering her a hoof.

1427103>>1427166

Meanwhile, Theo was busy trying to find the source of the unholy magic. Holding the hammer before him, he tried to seek its source. Turning in place for several seconds and almost hitting a few beach goers, he finally traced the source to the filly and zebra walking away from him.

"Hey!" He shouted at Screwball. "Get away from him!" He then dashed between the two to separate them. He then held the hammer up to Zeke. "An unholy monster trying to steal children! Despicable!"

1427357>>1427428

Intially when Screwball took Zeke's hoof, the obviously trusting him to do what was best for her, she was only a little abnormal. Her eyes shifted color a bit here and there, but her pupils were still there, and while her mane didn't exactly obey the wind, it didn't outright defy it either...

All this changed when Theo wrenched her away from her zebra companion. Her mane became wild, billowing out in random directions and doubling in volume, somehow not disrupting the yellow and green beanie that had manifested itself upon her head. Her eyes lost their pupils once more, and the irises decided that they really liked a to shift from a royal purple to something nearly resembling a wine red. Combine this with the murderous look that was now dominating her face, and the once docile (if not creepy) filly was now terrifying. And lunging at Theo, aiming for center mass.

Obviously she was more than a little protective of her newfound zebra 'protector.'

(Oooor, this happens!)

Just before Ozone drifts off, she hears a rapping at her window.

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1427682 Quickly she goes to open her window.

She finds a terrified looking Gingersnap, complete with disheveled mane, ruffled feathers and mildly torn vest.

"S-Sweet Celestia, lemme in!" He practically begged, on the verge of diving in the window anyway as he glanced around behind him, trying to make sure he wasn't followed.

Cobalt the Kitsune
Group Contributor

1427719 Ozone helped pull him in. "what happened to you?"

1427664>>1427357
Theo payed no attention to fillies frightening transformation, as he had his attention focused squarely on Zeke. Theo was not giving the Zebra a chance to respond as he had his hammer in position, ready to strike.

He swung the hammer, intent on finishing the Zebra with one blow. He was mere inches away from Zeke's face when he suddenly felt something strike his backside. The blow was quick and powerful, as Theo was quickly knocked onto the ground. His entire body went numb and smoke began to rise from his back side. He watched in disbelief as Screwball quickly jumped off his backside and ran towards her 'protector'

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,351