Devil May Cry 294 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

That's right folks. Behind all of our backs, after almost two years of silence and refusal to say ANYTHING DMC5 related, CAPCOM has FINALLY shown us the result of their silence. Who else here is excited for Vergil (to able to swap, mid game, with V!) with a BRAND NEW SONG (which, sounds like it came from Revengence, as so aptly put by a commenter on the trailer)?!

And, yes, yes, I still gotta judge the winners of the contestants. Tomorrow, I'll be sending out messages the three to ask for what they want. Thank you for being patient with my dumbass in these trying times.

Really glad its happening.

Too bad its not available on Xbox One though..

Cant wait for special edition. The new features look amazing and Vergil looks smooth AF.

Don't worry, Vergil will be available for DLC on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

He is?
Question is, what other features does Special Edition will have that isn't going to be DLC?

Oh God I'm like Hisoka right now.

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

likely LDK and Turbo modes are excluded from the PS4/XBONE downloads, making the PS4 Vergil DLC mostly a taste for players that may plan on getting the next console generation while they wait.

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

Indeed. I'm gonna play the hell out of DMC5 until the Vergil DLC drops, and make a point to buy the SE when it comes out as well.

Also, that song.
“I am the storm that is approaching!”

Hell yeah he is!

I don't mind much about Turbo mode though sucks that LDK mode is excluded from DLC though..

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

Now, just think... if Vergil is coming as a DLC character to current consoles as well... chances are THAT song is also going to be available to select in the song roster. Which is pure amazing.

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

Yeah, it sucks, but considering that the absolute madlads at CAPCOM Dev Studio 1 (the team normally headed by Itsuno and other demi-gods that still exist in the company) managed to cram the absolute beast of a game inside current gen consoles at a nearly stable 60 FPS (with some VERY minor dips during super heavy action), it's no surprise that they'd have to save LDK and Turbo for next gen. The memory alone to run the game that fast, with that many (relatively smart) enemies STILL at 60fps MINIMUM, yeah, it'd be far too much for our current systems.

Is the Vergil DLC going to be the only thing there?

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

Well, that's the kicker, ain't it? I'm not entirely sure. There's the possibility that they may be hiding other extra special edition goodies in the Vergil DLC for PS4/XBONE owners, but it's all speculation. All I know for sure is that Vergil is gonna be playable for all copies of the game, and that it's very likely that LDK and Turbo Mode will only be for "Special Edition" copies. We'll have to wait and see.

I’ve watched the trailer so many times now and this song is awesome. I’ll be happy just to have him and the song that comes with his DLC. Can’t wait till Monday

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

Same here. There's already a stupid amount of good normal battle tracks to choose from (even if you ignore Subhuman), especially with the extra legacy tracks, so having one more will be just candy, really.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17