Delightfully Demented 279 members · 311 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I have been having a debate with my friend about this. What would win rainbow factory or cupcakes? I personally think rainbow factory

Normal
Group Contributor

I think both are rather mediocre stories.

2822672 Cupcakes was the start of the Grim-dark for the fandom, if memory serves. Rainbow Factory was very shortly after. I believe Rainbow Factory was written a bit better, but no, neither was especially well handled.

Cupcakes just has Pinkie being fucking nuts for the sake of it. The popularity it got among the darker side of the fandom was completely unexpected since it was only intended to be a troll fic. However the writer of it still wrote a story that people enjoyed widely. Unfortunately a troll fic is still a troll fic and the story it gives is actually very little.

Rainbow Factory sets up a lore. It has a build up, a backstory, and as OOC as Rainbow Dash is written the heartbreak Scootaloo goes through is fucking painful, only to lose after a valiant attempt at escape.

Rainbow Factory is the clear winner.

I like 'em both. In fact they are among my favorite fics. :pinkiehappy:

2823490 Same here. In fact it was these two fics that made me become a Grimbro (a grimdark brony... so not a brony).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6