Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

Shutter's Battalion Chief pulled up to the driveway of the household. The air was still and his face solemn as he approached the front of the lawn, his vehicle lightly grinding to a halt. Looking down, he picked up a cardboard box from the passengers seat. He let out a long sigh and opened the door to his red utility. The house showed that there was activity coming from inside, but his eyes never left the front door of the home as he crossed the lawn. Stepping up onto the front porch he rose his hand and hesitated only for a second to collect his wits. This was one part of his job that he truly hated with a passion.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Fade heard the knocking at the door, and quickly rushed to the front door, and opened the door to find the chief on the other side. "U-uh... Hello?" He asked, slightly nervous. He wasn't all too sure he recognized the man standing before him.

"Hello... is Shutter's spouse at home?" His voice was heavy and rugged, but there was a touch of sorrow that coated each word. He held the cardboard box about hips length.

"Y-yes... Is something the matter?" Fade began to grow restless. Who was this man? Why was he talking like he just attended a funeral? Why was he here...

His eyes slowly drifted down to the box in his hands. His back muscles tensed up and Tear welled up in the corner of his eyelids. "I'm sorry to tell you this... But Shutter is gone... This is for his family... I'm so sorry." He gently held the box up to Fade.

Fade suddenly felt very faint. He could feel himself tearing up. "You... You can't be serious..." Fade leaned on the door frame for support, he felt as if he was about to throw up. He knew Shutter's job was dangerous... But he never expected... "How" He asked with what little breath he had left.

Comment posted by F4D3 deleted Sep 30th, 2013

"He... He was crushed by a wooden beam in a structure fire. He saved a man in the process... His last words were that he loved you and you're spouse very much." His eyes were puffy and glossy as he continued to hold the box. "He was a hero...to us all."

Fade could feel his heart tearing itself apart as this man went on, he just couldn't believe it, this couldn't be real... It couldn't be... He finally took notice of the box the man was holding. His hands were shaking as his fingers clasped around the edges of the box.

"It's all of his personal gear... There's even a letter in there for the both of you." He lowered his head. "I'm sorry for your loss." He stepped off the porch and started to slowly walk away.

He mouthed the words 'thank you' as he slowly closed the door behind him. As soon as he was sure the man had left, Fade broke down into a loud sob. He fell to his knees, cradling the box in his trembling arms.

Shutter wrapped his arms around Fade in spirit and whispered 'I love you my brother.'

Fade whimpered to himself, rocking slowly back and forth. "I-I'm so sorry Shutter..." Fade whispered to himself, certain that no one was listening to him. All he had to remember him now was this dinky little box, and the wonderful memories they shared. He slowly wrapped his fingers around the lid of the box and lightly dug through it in search of the aforementioned letter.

There was a photo of all three of them and his Firefighter badge attached to his navy colored uniform along with other memorabilia. At the very bottom of the box there was a white envelope labeled 'When I'm not there'.

Fade laid the badge and uniform to the side, placing the photo neatly on top, and scooping up the envelope in his hands. Using his index finger, Fade slowly pried the top of the envelope open, and looked through its contents.

"Dear Fade and Vikinga,

I have to be honest out of all the things that could happen, I never want to leave you from this world. if God forbid that I die on the job, I want this letter to brought to you so that you may have my written words of my love.

You both have greatly touched me in ways I never could have imagined. My life seemed so bleak and meaningless without you. The day I meet you both was one of the best days of my life and I wouldn't have changed any of that for anything. I pray in my absence there will be joy and happiness in both of your lives. Know that I will never forget you and I will always love you.

To my Loves,
Fade and Vikingia.

Fade sat there, letting the words on the page sink into his mind. He read and reread each and every word for what felt like a hundred times. He looked back to the photo of them, they looked so happy, he wanted that happiness back, he would have done anything for just a moment to tell Shutter how much he meant to him. He knew nothing could ever fill the void that Shutter left in his heart. He felt so incomplete, so helpless.

Comment posted by ShutterGuy deleted Oct 1st, 2013

(I wish I could be there for you, but I haven't been born yet.)

1860227 (:ajsmug: Don't you get the idea...)

((Does that mean you're still working on My Little Shutterbutter? :fluttershysad::applecry:))

(Of course I am. :heart: What made you think I wouldn't be? I would love to show it to you soon.)

((I love you so much bro... I really do :pinkiesad2:))

(My Little Shutterbutter means a lot to you, doesn't it? :pinkiesad2:)

((It isn't just the story that means a lot to me... It's you. You're so nice and compassionate and caring... I just really want you to know that brother:pinkiesad2:))

(I would do anything for my family :heart::twilightsmile::pinkiesad2:)

Baby Shutter could be heard giggling in the other room.

I hear the distant giggling, and go into the other room to inspect it.

Whist playing with his blocks Baby Shutter looks up to his father and coos. "DADA!"

The sight of my son playing gleefully filled me with a warmth I seldom felt nowadays. I knelt down and opened my arms for my son. "That's right my son... Daddy's here..."

((I have to go now... Goodnight brother :pinkiesad2:))

I continued to stand there, arms wide open, waiting for my son to embrace me.

((:applecry::pinkiesad2:))

"Son... What's the matter?" I ask as I rush over and quickly pull him into a comforting hug.

"I miss Daddy... I miss da wides on da fiwr twuck" He sobbed

"I... I'm sorry..." I held him lightly in my arms, rubbing his back soothingly. I could feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes as well.

"Will he... will he eber come home..." he looked up to his father and cried some more.

For the second time today, I felt my heart shatter. I honestly didn't know what to tell him. "I... No... He won't..." My eyes were puffy and red. I couldn't lie to him, I just couldn't. "But he's in a better place now..."

Hearing this baby shutter went weak all over. "Daddy's gone! No... No! NO! NO! Not my daddy! PWEASE! NOT MY DADDY!" He clinched his only father tightly and violently sobbed. "Pwease! Daddy come back!"

I held him in my arms, it was all I could do at this point, I felt so pathetic, my son was bawling in my arms, and there was nothing I could do about it. I wished with all my might that he was still here, that I didn't have to sit here and feel this emptiness inside me. I silently wept along side him.

"I'm sowwy daddy... I'm so sowwy..."

I could feel my throat closing up as I continued to hold him. My entire body was shaking violently as I crouched down beside my son. I wanted to say 'I'm sorry' back, but the guilt refused to let me utter a single word. I gasped lightly for air. My mind began running through a flurry of emotions, I didn't know what to feel right now.

Then baby Shutter rose up and kissed him on the cheek. "I sdill have ou... I sdill... have my daddy here... whid me."

"And... And I still have you..." My throat hurt as I spoke to my son. As much as it pains me, I knew Shutter would still want us to be happy, even if it meant being happy without him. I held my son tightly and kissed him back.

"I...Wuv you so mush Dada."

I could feel his fur bristle against my cheek as I answered him back. "I love you too son... I love you so much..."

(to be honest I already miss the times we shared, but this is for the best for me. I love you bro)

((I understand, and I love you too. I know I'll miss all the great stuff, or in some cases not so great, we did, but I understand, God wants you to take a different path in life, abd there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I just want you t know, that above anything else, I truly do value you as a friend and brother. I ha e to go now, but I hope to see you later... I love you bro :pinkiesad2:))

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46