Friendship is Writing 96 members · 779 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Davidism
Group Admin

Got a story, and you think it's awesome?

Give us the goods here. Tell us about it. Tell us why you love it (yeah I know you wrote it). And twist our arms!

Even if you don't think it's very good, plug it anyway!

Hey maybe some here could comment and tell me just how awesome it is.

Story for a Sick pony

This is a fanfic about Rainbow Dash reading a story to Scootaloo, a story where Dash and the rest of the mane 6 are in an alternate world with alternate histories and stories as they fight to free the nation from an evil tyrant. At the same time Dash grows closer and closer to the family of Scootaloo. IT features some of my better fight scenes, grand story telling, and some great insert songs.

Why I love it is because I think its one of my best work, how I handled the fantasy setting while crafting a new world for our heroines to play with is done well, and I enjoy the bond between Scoot and Dash that forms. While at the same time, I love writng a mute Sweetie Belle, a druid Fluttershy, and a heroic Dash. I love how I put their elements into their stories without using the elements.

Davidism
Group Admin

Mercilessly awesome art... for some reason I keep forgetting that you are an artist.

Okay, I read the first paragraph and insta-fave'd. Not to sound like all the other clones on FIM but I was almost rubbing my hands together going, "this gon be gud!

It's almost my bedtime, so I will have to read this on my Kindle, or something.

Davidism
Group Admin

You want to see what happens to me when I drink that much coffee, just read my latest blog post.

A 500 word one-shot about the origins of ponykind without punctuation, capitalization, or compound sentences.

Okay, usually I don't do this sort of thing (I like to let my work speak for itself), but I still feel that this story is woefully overlooked.

My Little Investigations: Wonderbolts Under Fire

This is a film noir story told from the perspective of Spitfire as she tries to find an assassin targeting her team. It doesn't help that these attacks are occurring the week before a big event meant to strengthen pony-griffon relations. Also, she's being stalked by a new Mare-Do-Well. That's about all I can say without spoilers. :raritywink:

I'm not sure why this story is overlooked, but I feel it's some of my best work. There's a lot of world-building and character insight here, as well as a compelling mystery. But the real reason I like it is because I put a lot of heart into it. When I write first-person stories, I'm a bit of a method actor. I become the character telling the story, and thus I feel what they feel. Seriously, after writing the second chapter of this story, my heart just felt heavy the rest of the day. And that wasn't the first time that happened while writing this. So, give it a read. That's all I ask. :twilightsmile:

On a side note, I am currently working on a sequel, and I also plan on expanding it into a larger series that might or might not end in a collab.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8