The Strangeverse 117 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
TGM

Since that thread and account got shut down instantly, he just wanted to say this:

'1. I have used alternate accounts in the past to upvote my stories - this part of the ban is true. However, I never used them to get into the featured list, I used them to balance out downvotes most likely given by anti-fans. I DID upvote one or two of my stories at the start to help keep it on featured list, but that was about it, and it was a long time ago. Not to toot my horn, but why would I use alternate accounts to upvote myself when I had over seven hundred followers, some of whom were ready to do the same? I wouldn't upvote something that was failing to get on the featured list - that'd be stupid. I don't want any of my crappy works getting on it and giving me a bad name.
And no, no alternate accounts were used to get CAptain Picard's fic on the featured list: Integration - Lullaby for the Bat Ponies.
2. I was involved with a collaboration called Sound of Thunder, however, that is the only part where the truth is pretty much set in stone. I did not delete the group out of creative differences, there is a much bigger story then just that. I'd like to specify that while I WAS being a bit of an asshole later into the tale, I never struck first and managed to keep a lot of patience. In the end, we all turned into assholes.
The timeline of this tale goes something like this:
- After giving it quite some thought and seeing how the first draft of the story failed in the eyes of viewer, I eventually became convinced of three things - I. The collab was not going to become the 'big thing' we all wished it would be. II. No offense to anyone involved here, but the quality of penmanship showed by the whole of the group was... a bit lackluster. However, I didn't just want to abandon the collab and all the work people did, so I put forth the proposition (a bit forcefully, yes, but I backed down after hearing complaints),
- Now, these complaints came with a lot of mean spirit. I got accused of not doing anything for the collab (blatant lies), was called an asshole, yelled at, called a poor leader, and generally treated like shit. Naturally, I got pissed. I was trying to SAVE the collab and everyone was acting like I was destroying it? So I decided to leave.
- The next day, a few people came up with an interesting prospect to start the story off, and having cooled off from the previous night, I asked to be let back in. I was granted this, yet attitudes towards me were very... cold. I began seeing posts once again flaming me, and eventually I began to be insulted in our Skype voice chat for no reason. Eventually, I got angry enough that I decided to leave once again, and left a particularly nasty comment to those who had insulted me, though nobody else.
- Again, the next day, I cool off, and asked to be let back in again after giving an apology. I was declined this offer. Feeling disgruntled that those who had given me so much trouble were using a group I made, as well as the framework I made for the collab, I eventually gave into my inner fire and deleted the group. This was a mistake, and a bad decision on my part. I screwed over everyone who hadn't insulted me, and for those who treated me civilly, I'm deeply apologetic about that.
- I tried one last time to be allowed back in the next day, this time after giving a profuse apology, yet again, I was denied. I probably shouldn't have tried in the first place. Eventually, I grew angry enough that I basically told them not to use any of the original material I made for the collaboration, which I felt to be perfectly reasonable given the circumstances. I was so angry I threatened to actually get my followers to downvote the story once it came out - again, a dickish thing for me to do.
And that's pretty much it. The group then went to the admins and told them of my alternate accounts with the intent of getting me banned, something I trusted them with, apparently to 'defend themselves'. They fed them a load of evidence supporting their side, but not my own.
Still, it was wrong of me to use alternate accounts at all, and for that, I deserve my ban. But as for the whole thing with the collab? Well - I'm no more guilty than anyone else who took part in that fiasco. I do apologize for those who got caught in the crossfire of this for the douchery I added to the whole thing, but for those who went out of their way to offend me during the fiasco? I have no apology for you.
Anyway, that's pretty much it. I actually did talk with an admin about the whole ordeal, and found out that they pretty much had a biased account of the whole shebang. He was even willing to unban my alternate account, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, but could not.
It doesn't matter that much though, I was planning on retiring from regular fanfiction writing for a bit now, hoping to pursue a newer hobby of mine: voice acting AND writing. If you wish to see what I'm working on, then here's a linky for you :).
I'm in desperate need of voice actors, so if anyone wants to volunteer, shoot me an email at neuroticaproductions@gmail.com.
Thanks for reading :), and thank you to all my loyal followers over the year. I'm sorry if this whole thing has tainted your opinion of me, but I've always been in it for the love of writing. In fact, Fimfiction taught me HOW to write, so no hard feelings to it or any of the admins involved with my ban. You're just doing your duties.'

So yeah, a bit of insight on what happened to Bob and just re-posting something he wanted to say.

That's all. Carry on.

Oh, and here's a link to his youtube if you're interested in following him still. from what I understand, he's operating out of that now.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4VwFRGMnP6pYJjp7i0FPQ

I'm glad I saw this. I knew there was more to the story than what was posted before. I think I'll l continue following him elsewhere.

So is bob out all together or what?

So... No more Legend of the Titans?:fluttercry:

So no more stories by him:fluttercry:

Wow... That kinda sucks then. And he wrote such great fics. What a fiasco. Kinda of reminds me of the yogscast/peva fiasco last year...

Welp. Should we host a funeral for Bob or something? He deserves one.

-Powers

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6