The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Now, there is nothing official on this, obviously, but it is very likely just a matter of time. If and when there IS a third Injustice game, what would you like to see as the main story and villains?

Now, as for me, I would like to see either something based on the Blackest Night storyline or something much more loosely based on the Dark Knights Metal storyline. I'm evenly divided between the two.

By that, I mean one possible story has Nekron as the primary villain using a volley of Black Lantern rings to resurrect every hero and villain killed in the Injustice universe as essentially zombies under his control. If the third game IS the final one, then it makes sense to use something that would justify at least most of the canonically (in this alternate universe) dead characters returning in some manner.

Another possible storyline for the third game could have the heroes fighting the Batman Who Laughs (voiced by Troy Baker, as a Casting Gag to the fact he HAS voiced both Batman AND the Joker in the past), who comes from a universe where Batman was the one who flipped out and turned evil becoming a nightmarish hybrid of himself and the Joker (Batman's skills and resources, Joker's insanity and the combined intelligence and experience of BOTH of them). As much of a Batman fan as I am (he IS my favorite super-hero), after two straight games with Superman as the main villain, it might be time to flip the script by having an evil alternate Batman be the Big Bad. Anyway, in this case, it becomes more of a "planet spanning murder mystery that becomes a deadly game of cat and mouse" deal.

Anyway, as for the heroes, either way, the main story should be set at least ten years after Injustice 2 and the main heroes should include the Terry McGinnis Batman (a different Batman so we don't have to find a replacement voice actor for Kevin Conroy, plus we can have both a good and a bad Batman in the event the writers go for the Batman Who Laughs as the main villain), Supergirl replacing Superman (at least as far as being Earth's new main hero goes) and as many of the returning characters from the first two games as the writers can realistically include that would make sense for the plot.

What about you guys? What would YOU like to see as the plot and main villains of the Injustice 3 games should they get around to it.

Yes, I agree. The Blackest Night story seems like the obvious way to go with how many major characters died in the Injustice universe. My picks for the Black Lantern Corps is Lex Luthor, Joker, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, King Shark, Beast Boy, Huntress and of course Black Hand. Also Nightwing and Batwoman as Premier Skins for Nightwing II(Damian) and Batgirl respectively.

And of course, you've got to have the Lantern Leaders as well: Sinestro, Atrocitus, Larfleeze Saint Walker, Indigo and Star Sapphire. Though, Carol was erased along with Coast City from Brainiac's collection in Injustice 2 so that would be tricky.

Also throw in a new generation Justice League consisting of Supergirl, Batgirl, Firestorm, Blue Beetle Static, Arsenal (Premier Skin for Green Arrow) and Jessica Cruz replacing Hal Jordan as Green Lantern.

Cool ideas CK.

Well, yeah. Thanks very much for those point outs. And, yeah, Black Lantern Joker being one of the main Black Lanterns (behind only Nekron and Black Hand) would be ESPECIALLY appropriate given that it was HIS past actions that led to Superman going bad and that world going so far south.

Of course, he could have a move set similar to the previous two games, though with the additions of limited flight and Black Lantern energy constructs resembling his usual lethally modified practical joke devices.

As for Carol, yeah, that's a good point. Of course, there could be a new lead Star Saphire. Either a canon character or an OC.

Thanks very much. Any ideas you can come up with are also appreciated.

You’re welcome.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6