The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 32 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 32

Yup....................... Am I the only one NOT surprised by this? I mean I was STARTING to like it, but the fact remains I think this proves people are getting sick of Batman shows. Let someone ELSE get a shot at a show!! Bring back Young Justice!! Or give Superman his own show!!! SOMETHING!!!

Anyway, here's the link to the article that confirmed it

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/21/report-beware-the-batman-pulled-from-cartoon-network-schedule/

I as well agree on this actually :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

2005531 Good! I didn't watch it, but I want my Young Justice and or GLTAS back (although less so for the former. The way it was ended was pitch perfect) :ajbemused:

2005544  I actually heard a rumor, it's just a rumor at this point, that they MAY be doing a full on Justice League cartoon to replace it.............. Based on the New 52 Justice League.:facehoof: I REALLY hope that's false. If we can't get Young Justice or Green Lantern back? I want a Superman solo show. One kinda like this

A more lighthearted, but still action packed Superman show!! I mean we've seen every shade of Batman cartoons!! Why not experiment with something like this for Superman?!?! It would work even better for him!!

A more lighthearted, but still action packed Superman show!! I mean we've seen every shade of Batman cartoons!! Why not experiment with something like this for Superman?!?! It would work even better for him!!

I dunno... I mean, the camp worked in a Batman show because we always see him so dark. For a Superman show, it would just be business as usual :applejackunsure:

2005568 Not really. Superman TAS never went THAT campy. I'm talking straight up Silver Age inspired stuff, like an actual Bizarro World centered episode.

Which might I add is yet ANOTHER piece of Superman lore missing from the New 52 :trixieshiftleft:

Well, this is fan-freaking-tastic! They cancel my Young Justice and not even a year later, they plan to cancel a show that was suppose to be Young Justice's suceessor! :twilightangry2: BULL FUCKING SHIT!

I apologize for my foul cursing mouth, but seriously! And what about Green Lantern: The Animated Series? That was a good show too. Does Cartoon Network think that kids won't watch something unless it makes pop culture reference or has insensitive toilet humor?! News flash for you CN, most kids are more mature than that.

Shows like Avatar and Gargoyles understand that they are creating a family friendly show, but they never had to dumb things down to make children enjoy it. They took some pretty big risk and they paid off big time. They never needed to talk down to its audience, which not only allowed the young to enjoy it, but the young at heart as well.

Cartoon Network, I encourage you to take a step back and get your head back where it needs to be, because everyday I am losing faith in you.

2005574 Wouldn't be surprised if i got added into the new 52 eventually.

Which might I add is yet ANOTHER piece of Superman lore missing from the New 52 :trixieshiftleft:

you may not add it. :ajbemused:

Besides, Silver Age Supes was akin to a physical a god, so unless they brought up kryptonite in almost every episode, then it just wouldn't work.

What about a JLA show based on the JLA from Young Justice? :duck:

2005590 Bizarro World was great!!!! Or as Bizarro would say

"It am worst place ever! Me hate it so much!" :pinkiecrazy:

Also who says he has to be on par with Silver Age Supes? :trixieshiftright:

Also good! :pinkiehappy:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2005531 I am actually quite happy.

The animation was ugly and Alfred was using a gun.

Alfred.

Using a gun.

No thanks.

Jabberwocky1996
Group Admin

2005531 NEVER SAW IT BUT I'M GLAD I DIDN'T.

2005710>>2005822>>2005827>>2005590>>2005640>>2005585>>2005580. Can't they do something with a character other than Superman or Batman? Where's Wonder Woman, Aqua man, Martian Man Hunter, Flash? Can't we get a show for these guys?

2005977 I'd love a Flash show, but Superman has only had one show since the 90's. ONE!!! Personally if I had my way there would be an entire DC channel so everyone could get a show. Same with Marvel

Where's Wonder Woman

Actually there was an Wonder Woman Show

I would not honestly mind as long as Superman isn't a douche. And they put Aqua man as a main character then. And if I can get my Justice League Dark. and possibly Simon Baz.

2005822 Fun fact: Green Lantern: The Animated Series is actually what Bruce Timm considers his Magnum Opus. or great work. It's easy to see why, too. While it did drag on at certain parts, everything contributing to the plot was near pitch perfect, from Razer and Killowag to Aya and Hal.

I, a man not prone to emotional outbursts of this variety, cried at the end of it.

Razaya remains to this day in my top five favorite love stories :rainbowkiss:

Where's Wonder Woman

We have one. She's called Korra :pinkiecrazy:

Aquaman

That's actually a good idea. They've worked with his character with more styles and personalities a lot over the years, so they would have a lot to work from. :yay:

and possibly Simon Baz

I like Simon Baz. He's a pretty cool character :moustache:

I know! Really liked his background history, pretty much one of the green lanterns with the best of hearts, and an overall good guy when he healed his sister's hubby.

2006103 what do you think of Kyle Rayner basically becoming Space-Jesus? :duck:

2005981okay but supes also had a show before that and several animated and live action movies. Honestly the Flash hasn't even had a live action movie.

2006221 That Flash had a show pre-crisis

Just throwin' that out there :twilightsmile:

2005998>>2006067 I was thinking something less.... 80s? For wonder woman. Still DC needs to stop making Batman and Superman their only widely known people. They have a lot of cool heroes that I'd love to see in the spot light. I barely scratched the surface above.

2006247 It would be cool if there was a show with Wonder Woman and Aquaman as the main characters, becoming the others love interest in the midst of a war between Atlantis and Themyscara.

DC should totally hire me :twilightsmile:

2006247 Well what about Green Lantern: The Animated Series!:rainbowdetermined2:

2006325 NO!!! :flutterrage:

It ended perfectly! They shouldn't ever touch it again! :trixieshiftright:

2006257 idk that sounds a little too Romeo and Juliet for me. Anyway the poinim trying to make has nothing to with who's had a show or not. Most DC characters get shoved to the back of the line on this sort of thing because of bats and supes. I watched the Justice League Unlimited cartoon and loved it not for the main justice league characters but because a lot of the background characters got some time to shine.

NO!!!:flutterrage:
It ended perfectly! They shouldn't ever touch it again! :trixieshiftright:

What are you talking about?!

2006355 Green Lantern had a cartoon rather recently.

2006355 Look, it ended pitch perfect. Aya sacrificed herself to save the galaxy, Razer is heavily implied to be a blue lantern. Hal and Killowog are going back to lantern stuff, but it just seems like a disservice to continue the story from there.

It ended as one of the best DC stories ever. IT should stay ended.

You wouldn't add on to Beethoven's fifth, would you? :ajsmug:

2006380 I know that's is why i'm I was pointing it out for TheInvincibleIronBrony.:facehoof:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 32