The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 53 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 53

Alright, so if you could pair any DC character with any Marvel character romantically, who would it be?

Me? Well, I'd personally pair together... actually this is a bit harder than I thought.

No offense to Marvel, but DC has a much larger pool of female heroes to pull from, or at least more well known heroines...

I gotta think on this more

What are yours?

Comment below and let me know! :rainbowdetermined2:

Robin and Jubilee was something they kind of did, if that counts.

Nightshade x Cloak. Perfect couple for darkness.

Duplicate Damsel x Madrox (Multiple Man) cause ya know, clone abilities.

Squirrel Girl x Booster Gold. Just cause.

And Thor x Wonder Woman. An Amazonian x Asgardian romance would be a better couple than an Amazonian x Kryptonian romance.

1955148 It's like you're reading my mind. :rainbowderp:

1955046>>1955244>>1955234>>1955148

FOUND ONE!!!

1955244 What can I say? Barbara Gordon is bar none the best match for Peter in the DC universe. She's smart, witty, and even when she's in a wheelchair she's can still take care of herself! She also has a lot to offer Spider-Man too, being his go-to informant and such.She can help him fight crime as well. Basically it's a shame she's not in Marvel honestly. :applejackunsure:

1955366 But isn't Peter almost exactly like Dick, only with better science and with super powers? I mean, personality wise and fighting style wise (constantly insulting), they really are really similar.

1955401 Actually not that similar. Peter as Spidey tends to talk. A lot. Openly mocking and making a fool out of any supervillain he comes across. This tends to make everyone think he doesn't take anything seriously and leads to many heroes thinking he's just an annoying goofball and leading to a few of his villains having a psychotic grudge against him when they might not have if he didn't constantly insult them.

Dick on the other hand never has that reputation.

1955441 I got another one

Both are badass anti-heroes, students of the premier anti-hero of their respective universes. Jason, while he has a mouth, usually never snarks at inappropriate times. He knows when to be a smartass and when not to be. Laurie, on the other hand... I actually know next to nothing about her aside from being Wolverine's Fem!clone :facehoof:

I didn't think a picture like this even existed, to be honest.

B:yay:tchin'

1955466 Actually X-23 is more like his test-tube daughter as his DNA was mixed with the lead scientist of the program that created her.

A top-secret program is tasked to replicate the original Weapon X experiment that bonded adamantium to the skeleton of Wolverine. The project is taken in a new direction: Doctor Martin Sutter recruits renowned mutant geneticist Doctor Sarah Kinney to develop a clone of Wolverine.
Since the only genetic sample from Weapon X is damaged, Kinney is unable to salvage the Y chromosome. Kinney proposes the creation of a female genetic twin; her request is denied. Sutter's protégé Doctor Zander Rice, whom he has raised after Rice's father was killed by the original Weapon X, is opposed to the idea. After 22 failed attempts at reconstituting the DNA using a duplicate X chromosome, the 23rd sample yields a viable sample to combine with an embryo. Although Kinney is allowed to proceed, Rice exacts revenge for her insubordination by forcing her to act as the surrogate mother of the specimen. For nine months, Kinney's every move is monitored; finally, she gives birth to "X-23". She eventually adopted the name Laura Kinney

Upon initially encountering her, X-23 might be mistaken for a typical young woman, calm and quiet. However, as her character evolved, she has become somewhat darker and more complex. X-23 is very taciturn, rarely uttering more than one sentence or two at a time. Because she grew up in a controlled environment, she speaks using perfect grammar, rarely using slang. She also engages in self-injury, cutting herself with her own claws; this is something she has done since a very young age.X-23 is a highly trained and skilled combatant; she is able to kill dozens of heavily armed opponents during a single encounter.

X-23's mother, Dr. Sarah Kinney, did her best to ensure the child retained some semblance of humanity, but her efforts appeared to be in vain. X-23 rarely spoke, or expressed much interest in her mother, who was forced to reject any emotional advance the girl might make, such as laying her head in her mother's lap, because of the Facility. Despite the upbringing X-23 received, she has always shown signs of humanity. In one particular mission when X-23 was assigned to assassinate Martin Sutter and his family, she killed Sutter and his wife without hesitation, but she spared their young son, Henry.
X-23 seemed to have taken up a better disposition since joining the New X-Men.

She became a student at the Xavier Institute, found friends in Dust and Mercury, and developed apparent romantic feelings towards Hellion. Being a central part of a team helped her adjust to the world. However, she still retains the cold, no-nonsense attitude that was evident in the Mercury Falling arc which, along with the Children of X-Men arc, showed that Laura also has trouble comprehending and expressing the many new emotions she has been experiencing for the very first time.

When Blackheart forced her to face her fears embodied in a single, perfect "adversary", her fears took the form of "X-666", a stereotypical cheerleader with murderous intents. X-666 then explained how she was meant to be the thing lacking to Laura to be truly human: while every human is "nuanced", possessing a dark side and an inner self rarely shown to others, Laura's upbringing left her utterly bidimensional, driven and apparently lacking any other personality trait beyond the ones she's already showing, unable to grow further as person.

One thing that Laura has shown frequently is selflessness. Laura puts the safety and well being of her friends, family, and teammates above her own. However it is also accompanied by low self-worth. While Laura values the lives of those around her, she places little value on her own and sometimes makes suicidal decisions. Since leaving Utopia Laura has come to value her life more and become happier, though her social skills and grasp of emotions remain somewhat dull but nowhere near as bad as when she first started.

1955366 Have you seen my top 10 Superheroes that aren't Spider-Man? Because you've brought up all the reason why I love Barbara Gordon. Either as Batgirl or as Oracle, she kicks ass. Except you forgot one point about Batgirl that needs to be addressed

... She is totally hot. :raritywink:

But as we all know, unless Marvel and DC set aside their difference and become one company, our dreams can only come in the form of fan works.:fluttercry:

1955535 Bad. Mainly because I think Jason would be a bad influence on her. :applejackunsure:

Anyone remember Itsjustsomerandomguy?

1955576 so who would Jason be paired with? It would need to be someone who's better than him. Someone who's as effective but would be a good influence. A chick with strong enough moral character to be able to bring out the man everyone (Batman, Talia, Ducra) thinks he could be.

Know any Marvel chicks like that? :trixieshiftright:

1955578 Yup................... Too bad regular universe Norman would probably be just as horrible to Harley as Joker :ajbemused:

1955645 further explanation please?

1955710 Jessica's powers derive from her mother's womb being hit by a laser beam containing the DNA traits of several different species of spiders while she was carrying Jessica(The Drews were trying to splice and harness spiders' environmental adaptive capabilities, in order to graft them into the human genome).
After Jessica's parents disappeared under mysterious circumstances, Jessica was recruited into HYDRA (under false pretenses), where she was made into a formidable fighter and assassin. She was trained and mentored by Taskmaster, who schooled her in many martial disciplines and more than seven different fighting styles out of his own "arsenal".

One of HYDRA's top agents, Jared, was assigned to train her in combat and espionage, and to seduce her. Once Jessica had become his lover, he allowed himself to be captured by S.H.I.E.L.D., so that she could be goaded into assassinating S.H.I.E.L.D. commander Nick Fury.
She eventually wound up joining SHIELD, after learning what HYDRA truly was. She's done some pretty dirty stuff, but has managed to rise above it.

1955807 so how's she a good match for Jason, who's basically Nightwing meets Punisher?

1955807 Wait, I got it!

Black Cat and the Red Hood! :yay:

sorry, no pic :eeyup:

Because she is... what? A good match?

1957182 Well, given that Jason is the one of the sons of Batman that grew up the most like Bruce psychologically and Felecia Hardy is basically Selina Kyle with Captain America powers, it kind of makes sense, right?

Who'd be a good match for Superman?

For some reason, I'm thinking She-Hulk... :rainbowderp:

Oh God. Imagine their kids :rainbowlaugh:

1957487 Those powers were just in the cartoon. Her actual powers in the comics is that she has probability field manipulation. Basically she can make what could be considered "bad luck" to happen.

Also that would be a second choice for me since I love She-Hulk, but I think Ms. Marvel and Supes would work a touch better. I dunno why. However I can think of a guy in DC for Carol that would be even for her!!

Carol Danvers meet Hal Jordan!! :pinkiehappy:

1957722 Dear God...

I CAN SMELL THE BELLIGERENT SEXUAL TENSION FROM-

Wait...

My knowledge of Marvel is workable but shaky at best, but isn't she almost exactly like Carol Ferris, personality wise?

What about Rogue? Who would Rogue be a good match for in DC?...

I'd like to say Dick Grayson, but again, my Marvel knowledge is workable but shaky at best

1957781 Carol Danvers AKA Ms. Marvel? Not really no. Here's a few scans from here date with Spidey(Not they aren't really dating she just lost a bet and they are friends). She's not like Carol Ferris

1957897 Actually, now she just seems like a slightly more mature Fem!Hal Jordan... kind of interesting actually.

But what about Dick and Anne Marie?

1957970 She kinda IS Marvel's Hal Jordan in a way. She was an Air Force pilot who was involved with Captain Mar-Vell(Marvel's Captain Marvel) and ended up with Kree DNA and powers similar to his. So pilot who ended up with superpowers due to an alien.

It's possible

1957997 OOOOH!!! I GOT IT!!!

Or failing that...

1958036 Who's the chick?

Also I can top that

1958067 If you don't know, then I'm afraid how you'll respond if I tell you.

Promise me you won't freak out first :trixieshiftright:

EDIT: And yes, that is very nice

1958142 I promise nothing. TELL ME!!!!! :flutterrage:

Also no comment on Cap/Wondie?

1958154 TELL ME NOW OR I WILL FREAK OUT EVEN MORE SO THAN I MIGHT IF YOU DO AND I DON'T LIKE IT! :flutterrage:

Comment posted by Captain Lunar deleted Oct 15th, 2013

1958178 Yeah because this isn't jumping the shark. Yeah lemme me make one thing perfectly clear: This is NOT jumping the shark. Gonna repeat that again: This is NOT jumping the shark. Oh no. THIS IS JUMPING THE SHARK, COMING BACK, SHOOTING IT IN THE BALLS, RAPING IT, EATING ITS FLESH, CONSUMING ITS SOUL, MOUNTING ITS HEAD ON THE WALL AND THEN DOING THE SAME THING TO TWELVE MORE FUCKING SHARKS JUST TO BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

1958199 so... you're fine with her not being fat anymore? huh...

Did not see that coming. I mean, you've complained about a lot of the redesigns of the characters in the new 52. Some deserved it (green lantern of earth 2) and some less so (I actually kind of liked the redesign of Power Girl to a point. It was really far removed, but I liked her costume being less pervy :applejackunsure:)

I thought for sure you'd raise some Kain about Skinny Waller

Huh :applejackunsure:

1958240 HELL YES I'M PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

BEHOLD A VIDEO THAT EXPRESSES MY RAGE!!!!!

I'm impartial. I honestly can't take her that seriously being, well... fat, although that seems to be a thing with me in real life to a certain degree.

I find skinny Waller more intimidating, personally, but again, I have almost no experience with her outside of the new 52 and the DCAU, so my experience in this is negligible.

Don't you love how damn agreeable I try to be on this? :twilightsmile:

1958329 On a brighter side DC seems to be doing something cool which I MAY read if the premise doesn't end up being idiotic

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 53