Equestria Daily 712 members · 2,253 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Greeting, Everypony.
I am Changeling Ren, and I have a question for all of you who read this.
Have any of you noticed anything strange about Starlight Glimmer's old friend, Sunburst since we saw him in the season 6 premier? Like did his behavior seem at all strange? Do you think he should have been more powerful and skilled with magic since he want to Magic School? Do you think everything, including his brief part in the season 6 finale seem at all questionable?

If so, then I have a theory as to why. My theory is that the Sunburst we have got to know and love since we saw him reconnect with Starlight could possibly not be Sunburst at all. The Sunburst we have got to know is possibly a changeling spy. Watch my analyst video I have posted up on YouTube to see and understand my theory. It has 3 solid pieces of evidence, and even a hypothetical on what possibly happened to Sunburst from after he moved to the Crystal Empire after Magic School, and how I believe the season 7 finale, or season 8 premier or finale will possibly be like. Enjoy!

"I will let nothing stand in my way. Show me the magic of friendship. And I will finish...what you started."

.... please everyone is a changeling if you try to explain it enough. 😑

5984541 You are giving the writers way too much credit for thinking ahead.

So you two are saying the theory of Sunburst being Starswirl the Bearded (which is rubbish, and makes absolutely no sense) is plausible and acceptable, while my theory of Sunburst being a changeling spy in disguise (which is far more possible, well thought out, and makes far more sense) is impossible and unacceptable?

No I'm telling you I've gone though enough of these theories that practically everyone is a changeling:ajbemused:

5985300 No, I don't object to your theory. It's a fun theory, and you could write a story using it.

I just don't think the writers planned that on purpose. I think that (a) the writers have never planned character arcs or made much effort to keep characters consistent with their previous appearances before, so why would they start now, and (b) if characters who suddenly start act inconsistently are changelings, then all the characters are changelings, mostly because of (a).

For instance,
- Luna is shy and quiet, then suddenly is loud and shouts Ye Olde English in an entirely different voice, then is suddenly quiet and dignified. She's a changeling.
- Pinkie suddenly develops Pinkie Sense. She's a changeling.
- Big Mac suddenly becomes a blabbermouth exhibitionist in the episode where he cross-dresses. He's a changeling.
- Discord suddenly reforms, then suddenly he's evil again, then suddenly he reforms again; he's brilliant, then an idiot--he's a changeling.
- Twilight suddenly has a brother who's captain of the royal guard. One or both of them is a changeling.
- Rainbow suddenly isn't an asshole anymore. She's a changeling.
- Fluttershy learns to be self-assertive, then she forgets that she learned--she's a changeling. Actually she'd have to be, like, three different changeling who each unknowingly killed the previous changeling.

My ideal MLP episode would be if all the formerly bad ponies who did a three-second heel-turn from nasty to nice in one episode had been taken over by changelings, as a plot to take over Equestria, and Starlight Glimmer is Chrysalis. In fact I think that should be how the show ends.

Well, this one is completely different. Those theories you've looked up are just rubbish, because there are so many things that make absolutely make no sense. This one on the other hand is quite clear, and worth thinking since there were things not right about Sunburst since when you first see him in season 6.
Watch the scenes with Sunburst in the season 6 premier, his brief, unseen part in the finale, and then compare them to the way Queen Chrysalis and the changelings acted in the season 2 and 6 finale, and you'll see a similar behaviour between them.

This theory wasn't created to give another theory of rubbish. This was logical, and plausible.

This theory wasn't created to give another theory of rubbish. This was logical, and plausible.

I.... heard morepluasble theoriues

No, they're saying your theory is implausible and unacceptable. That has no bearing on the plausibility or acceptability of any other theory that does not in a relevant way resemble your theory.

We have a canon backstory for Sunburst already presented in the show.

Where is it then? Which episode from season 6 or 7 shows Sunburst's backstory?

It's laid out in his first appearance in Suelight Glimmer's self-inflicted Tragic Backstory.

There's no need to use changelings to justify inconsistencies in anyone's backstory, frankly, given that the writers are terrible about it. Pinkie and Twilight suddenly gain favorite older siblings (and an alicorn babysitter!) they mysteriously never mention, Dash's mom appears, it's just lazy writers thinking they don't have to bother with consistent backstory because it's a kids' show.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11