Zero Punctuation Reviews 314 members · 209 stories
Comments ( 49 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 49
Dark Avenger
Group Admin

Okay, so our Lord and Savior flutterdash1 has given his blessing, therefore I am now proposing this little "experiment" to the rest of the staff (not to mention all of you who are brave/bored enough to venture into this forsaken pit of the internet):

All of the pour souls who are currently waiting for us to heap abuse on them will now be given a chance to "cut ahead in line." All they need to do is either write a review of one of our reviews, or write a review of on of the reviewers working here (in the same Yahtzee-esque style, of course), and the best one/three/however many we are willing to take on gets their review from us ahead of the "schedule."

If the majority of you approve, then we'll work out the finer details, but on a basic level, what do you guys think?

EDIT: since people haven't been very enthusiastic about this, then I'd say it's no longer a contest. If any of you write a review of our reviewers (or reviews) and we find it decent enough, we'll do a story of your choosing ahead of the backlog. Deal?

Give me a story

flutterdash1
Group Admin

You're not reviewing a story, silly ;p There's a test/sign up process for that =3 You're gonna review one of the reviews we've already written, OR review one of us.

*hides flaming sword of retribution*

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

Whatever you prefer... :duck:

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

Keep in mind, though, that these will be judged, so it isn't just a simple trade... :ajsmug:

Don't know if you replied before I edited, so I'll say it here...

twitterdick
Group Admin

Whatever happened to this? It was such a good idea!

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

No one ever wrote us anything...

WE ARE ALL ALONE AND UNLOVED! :raritycry:

twitterdick
Group Admin

...The horror, the horror...

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

Time to resurrect this idea...

Challenge accepted! xD

I'll do it for shits and giggles :D

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

Please use the reply function so that I know this thing is still alive and kicking... :fluttercry:

twitterdick
Group Admin

Duly noted
Alright, we'll see what I can do~ :D

I have no idea what counts as a review. This good?

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

Close... really close, but no cigar. The idea is to do a review of one -- or more -- of our reviews and the reviewers themselves in a style similar to the one we employ here (I suggest watching a few episodes of ZP to get a good grasp on it). To offer a different analogy: the "story" to review are the reviews of the "author", i.e one of our reviewers, and the goal is to dissect how we approach the stories presented to us.

Didn't like how I said a certain plot point was crap? Angered by the thought that a certain "romance" fic made me want to throw up? Now is your chance to take a shot at me... :ajsmug:

Don't focus as much on line-by-line analysis though. You may have noticed that we rarely employ direct quotes ourselves unless we're trying to point out a very specific error that deserves mention (repetitive use of a certain element, etc.) The goal, however, is to paint a picture of your general impression of what you're reviewing, not to mention make it sound funny.

It also helps if you take a peek at the cheap shots twitterdick and I throw at each other from time to time... :trollestia:

What I said above. :raritywink:

This thread continues to live? :rainbowderp:

:pinkiecrazy:

3621510 ohhhhhhhhhhh.....xD

I did a review of your review. When I finish re-tooling Herald of Dawn, I intend to submit it for re-review.

twitterdick
Group Admin

Then I shall re-review it!

Once the mods clear it, Herald of Dawn is yours to re-review. Also, don't delete your previous review. I enjoyed it.

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

>tries to resurrect thread
>forgets to use the "reply" feature

:ajbemused:

Are you saying OP won't? I have faith in OP-senpai! :derpyderp1:

twitterdick
Group Admin

Your re-write hath been re-read, and the reviewing shall forth commence in the soon time, so, y'know, expect something by the end of the week (which means, like, mid-next week because deadlines don't bind me worth shit.)

See you in the future.

-stares at screen for the next week or so-

Hello. My name is Professional Xander. I have read a matthew depointe story titled, "All the Fun The Law Allows", that i would like to recommend to anyone who is interested. It isn't as famous as it should be and I hope we can correct this unfair treatment. I am a huge lover of noir and I think most people are too.

www.fimfiction.net/story/221046/all-the-fun-the-law-allows

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

1) If you want us to review their story, ask them to submit it to the group, or ask for permission to submit it yourself.

2) This is not a (self-)promotion group. Please do not advertise your own or other people's fics here unless your intention is what I stated above.

3) Please use the reply function, otherwise we won't notice you've tried to contact us.

Yes, this opportunity is still open. You may participate any time you want to.

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

Oh, stop it, you! I feel so humbled now...

Yes, if you ask me, this definitely makes the grade and not just because it worships me like it should. But just to be safe, let's ask what 3742800 thinks... :trollestia:

Also: which story of yours would you like reviewed ahead of the queue?

Dark Avenger
Group Admin

I didn't check your page. I made an oopsie. I am so sowwy... :fluttercry:

Also I thought you were one of those tossers that submits 1 story per nanosecond to the group...

I'll check it out as soon as ol' twitty-titty gives his seal of "I don't care"

twitterdick
Group Admin

Am I 'cock'?

twitterdick
Group Admin

I don't care.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 49