My Little Droid: Friendship is Logical 743 members · 418 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

For some time before and after "Equestria Girls" a new incarnation of Pinkie Pie has become popular. Pinkimus Prime, a.k.a Pinkie Pie as G1 Optimus Prime.

I just want to ask who thought of the idea? Because in my mind it doesn't work.

Optimus Prime is wise, reversed, smart, and an adept leader. Pinkie Pie really doesn't fit those personalities. Yes she's cheerful and smarter then she looks but "Winter Wrap Up" proved she's not cut out to be leader. And she's prone to acting without thinking which usually leads to trouble.

If you ask me I think Pinkie Pie works better as Bumble Bee (G1 and Prime) or Blurr (G1 all the way since Animated Blur wasn't as fast talking and was more cocky).

What do you guys think?

1733324 I think that it really shouldn't be a big deal. The reasons I can think of for Pinkimus Prime is not for the character attributes, but because of the name. Pinkimus and Optimus sound reatively similar. Out of the Mane 6, the only option better sounding (in terms of comparing the sound of the name to Optimus) would be Dashimus, but there's another reason why Pinkimus sticks.

Pie and Prime sound similar as well, and also both start with P. So while Dashimus Prime would sound more like Optimus Prime than Pinkimus Prime does, Pinkiemus Prime is most similar to both Pinkie Pie and Optimus Prime simultaneously, and additionally retains the alliteration that makes Pinkie Pie fun to say.

My point: Pinkimus Prime exists not because Pinkie's like Optimus, but as an attempt for cute wordplay with the names of Pinkie and Optimus.

Or, maybe I'm just over analyzing little things. I tend to do that. Sorry about the rant...:unsuresweetie:

I don't think its because they're names are alike, but because as characters they are opposites, Optimus has never been known to have a sense of humor. He has always been a serous character were as Pinkie Pie is always having fun and being silly. To me, the only character in mlp that has traits similar to Optimus is probably Twilight. Anyways, Pinkie Pie is also probably the only character that would or could interact with any character outside her series. Also Peter Cullen the voice of Optimus Pirme has said that he doesn't understand the brony fan base so by pairing his most well known character with the character that makes the least amount of sense in all of MLP:FIM is probably a joke off of that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4