FlashLight 922 members · 333 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So, recently (and by "recently" I mean a few months back) another thought accrued to me. Since Spike is(obviously) pretty important to Twilight, and I'm sure she would like to have her coltfriend/husband/lover/whatever get along with her 1# assistant/brother/son, how well do you think Spike and Flash would get along?

And while you're musing over that, here's something else you can think about; how do you see Spike and Twilight's relationship? And how would you like to see Flash and Spike's relationship play out?

4207845 I do feel like that is an important fact that many writers seem to miss, the relationship between Spike and Flash. I believe that they will get along well enough because I think Spike will be happy that he isn't the only male anymore.

When it comes to matters of the heart, I think that Spike best fits the role of a little brother to Twilight.

As her older brother, Shining Armor plays the definite role of protector--wary and a little overbearing.

Spike would sort of look up to Flash Sentry and might even play a bit of matchmaker, although Twilight's happiness would always be his primary concern.

4207872 Thanks. I'll fix it soon.

I like to think that even if Twilight and Flash don't get together that he and Spike still end up as bros. Spike I think would like to have another male around to be with.

how well do you think Spike and Flash would get along?

Assuming Flash is the nice guy he seems to be, and not secretly a jerk or something like that, they would probably get along fine. Flash has notable similarities with Shining Armor, whom Spike is presumably really close to.

That said, Spike might (at least initially) hold Flash to pretty high standards.

how do you see Spike and Twilight's relationship?

Siblings, pretty much. Twilight is a bit of a surrogate parent, but they clearly don't see each other as mother and son. Spike even says so out right at one point. Over-all, it looks like a fairly close brother-sister relationship to me.

And how would you like to see Flash and Spike's relationship play out?

Bros, with Flash serving as a much-needed male role model for Spike, and somepony he can talk to about guy stuff. Especially when Spike is growing older and more mature.

As her older brother, Shining Armor plays the definite role of protector--wary and a little overbearing.

Actually, I like to subvert the whole (Over)protective Shining thing by having him be totally supportive of Flash dating Twilight.

I mean, who would you rather your sister date: Some random dude that you don't even know, or a guy you've worked with for some time; whom you know is reliable, brave, disciplined and virtuous; who has a lot of qualities you yourself possess; and whom you most likely hoof-picked to protect your wife?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6