Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 32 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 32

Hello all, and first off, we would like to apologize for the lack of activity in the main group as of late. We've been doing our best to try and work on the reboot, but lack of time to sit down and focus on it has put a hindrance on the group as a whole.

That aside, we are now reaching a conclusion to the reboot and may be able to restart the group soon. Now, hold your applause for just a moment, as we are not entirely done with the framework yet, as there's still quite a bit that still needs to be done. The reason we're telling you this is because we need your help. Yes, your help.

Help with what you may ask? Well it's rather simple, you see, as we're reaching the end of our reboot, the need for rewrites, or just edits of current locations in general, in order for us to actually start up the RP again.

So here's the deal: Below we have a list of current locations which will be in the rebooted version of the group at some point or another. We already have rewrites of each of the dorms on hand, what we need right now is for you, as members, to help us rewrite these locations for the reboot. Of course, we're not forcing you to help us, but we'd appreciate it if you did, and would credit you accordingly for your contributions.

If you're still interested in helping out, then please note the meaning of each symbol on the locations. Asterisks show locations that were not in the original version of the group, dashes to the left of a location signify that that location will not be pinned, and will instead be linked through other locations. Locations with strikes through them show that they've been rewritten at least once, may be in the process of rewriting again, or are done and ready for publication. Locations that are underlined are locations that are extremely important to the group, and may require that they be written in a certain way.

Locations:
Announcement Board
School Front Gate

Dorms:
Sapphire Owl
Scarlet Fox
Green Lion
Violet Wolf

Dining Hall (Breakfast)
Dining Hall (Dinner)

Infirmary
Library
Guidance Counselor Office
Application Office
Courtyard*
Main Hall

Classrooms:
- Arts Center
- Music Room
- Auditorium
- History Classroom*
- Science Classroom*
- Smithy
- Workshop
- Dojo
- Gym
- Pool

Administrative Complex:
- Headmasters/Headmistresses Office
- Vice Principals Office
- Staff Room
- Teachers Lounge
- Staff Quarters
Weston College Gardens
Swan Gazebo
- The Fear's Labyrinth
- Weston College Sewers*
- The Catacombs

Nearby Areas:
- The Fields Outside The College
- Dreadnought Mountains*
- Castle Ruins and Mines*

Knightstone Village:
- Town Hall
- Madam Fittings' Shop
- The Shield & Sword Bookstore
- The Knight Barracks Pub & Grill
- The Mad Pony's Shoppe O' Fun and Games
- Knightstone Daycare
- Sharp Smite's Weaponry*
- The Old Thatched Cottage Restaurant*
- Knightstone Farmers Market*
- Knightstone Inn*
- The Relaxation Center
- The Amethyst Café
- A Secluded Waterfall Near The Village
- Knightstone Lake
- Meetinghouse
- The Forest

All locations here are open for anyone to write or rewrite, however, if you so choose you may claim any and all locations that you initially created you will be allowed seniority over their rewrite.

Lastly, We'd like to thank you all for your patience and support, without all of you this group wouldn't be what it is today.

~The Weston Admin Team~

Might as well do this one...

- The Fear's Labyrinth

You walk down the hallways of the school, you didn't really have much to do today so you thought you could explore and see what you could find... Eventually you're met with a door, a strange looking door exuding an ominous aura. It appears to be made of iron, and has patterns carved into it that look like it could be some old language. As you take a closer look you see some writing carved into it as well.

"Enter if you dare, if lady luck favors you you could leave this endless dungeon with many riches, but if not, be prepared to leave with nothing but bruises and cuts..."

Something about the door feels off...

Once you enter the door...

You're met with a spiral staircase going downwards, there are torches lining the outer wall of the stairs.
Once you reach the bottom you find yourself in a room, the wall you're facing appears to have some sort of reception desk, although the glass is tinted so dark you can't make out the features of who's on the other side.

"Are you here for the riches and such? Maybe want to fight some monsters? Oh well, go on in..." a voice that sounded neither masculine or feminine said.

You hear a clattering noise coming from where you came, you turn around to see another iron door blocking the entrance.

"That door will take you into the labyrinth, if you don't want to go in then wait here until the exit comes back."

I'm thinking that this thread could be a weekly kind of thing. The interior of the maze changes each week so encounters are completely randomized, you can even run into The Fear itself. (I should probably get some dice and make some charts and lists too then.) Each thread starts on Friday around 4:00 PM EST, and is open until around 8:00 PM EST on Saturday. Once time limit ends all participants are expelled from the maze and the thread is locked the next day.

If you're defeated by one of the many monsters contained in the maze all the loot you've found will be taken from you, and you will be kicked out of the maze. You will not be allowed to participate until the next thread.

I'd like to be the person that posts the thread and is in control of what's in each new area, what the monsters do, what loot is found, et cetera.

Oh yeah, and if The Fear is killed then I'd like the dungeon to continue to appear, although The Fear won't return.

How does that sound?

Sounds like an interesting enough idea, although the admins are considering making an internal clock for the group, so that people who live in different time zones won't have to be left out of anything. If that idea goes through this location might have to conform to that system. And as it is your location we see no reason why you shouldn't to post it. One thing though, the description could be a bit longer, and maybe a little more detailed of the atmosphere of the labyrinth, but otherwise this could work.

~The Weston Admin Team~

I'll work on improving the description, and I'm fine with making some modifications to the times. Glad you're okay with it.

Edit: made some changes to the description.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1988211 I'll try the sewers. Also I think you need to mark who the admin that is posting, like I can't tell if it's you silver, or if its Fade, not just the little name in the bottom, or use the color system we have on the userpage.

For whatever reason, you decided to go down to the Weston College Sewers, you open the manhole and the foul stench of fecal matter, urine and garbage floated up to your nose. You climb down, and enter the sewers. It was dark and you can barely see anything, luckily someone left a bag full of flashlights for you to use. The water was a disgusting green color and sometimes you find something floating down the water. The walls were made of highly corrosive-resistant stone.

Will this work?

F4D3
Group Admin

I'll take over from here guys.

Yeah, I sorta assigned everyone a color who didn't have one already, though that account hasn't really been used much.

I think that description would work fine. It could use a bit more detail, but apart from that it looks good.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1989576 I'm not good with descriptions, you can try to add some stuff too

Wait... was it actually you who posted? I thought it was silver?

The initial post in this thread was not written by me, though the list was and I'm in full agreement with the post.

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1989751 So... who posted the initial post? I think it was Fade. Because I don't think anyone else can write that much, except for you and Fade.

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah, I wrote this up, though Silvy was the one who made the list.

Given the current thread in the Weston College Annex group, I would assume so.

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1989791>>1989793 Alright... That reminds me to make the format for the grades and Exp thingy... and levels.

F4D3
Group Admin

I think for now you can forget about exp and levels and just focus on Grades. RPG elements might come later down the road, but for right now we just need to focus on getting the reboot done.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1989829 Got it, just grades. but I think the format would work. I posted it on the Annex with Admin account.

F4D3
Group Admin

The thing is, I kinda feel that levels/xp and currency go hand in hand, and I just don't think we have enough man-power right now to manage that all. But you're right, even if it won't be at launch, we should at least keep working on it.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1990085 i was thinking of the alice acadamy thing

1988211>>1990085 So I can help by describing a place in second person? Sounds easy enough. I choose the catacombs.

*ahem*

You nearly lose your footing several times as you descend into the catacombs. Loose rocks and condensation make for an ugly combo. You can hear running water somewhere. Hopefully you have some way of illuminating your path, or you won't be getting very far. Stalactites hang low enough hit your head, and some of the stalagmites are as tall as you are. Even when you provide a little light, The vast darkness makes the passageways look like the throats of monsters with jagged teeth, ready to swallow you up. On the plus side, it seems no one has made a habit of making grooves in the rock to hold skulls. At least, not yet anyways.

F4D3
Group Admin

That works, we might need to edit it a bit, just to add a few links to other locations and stuff like that, but other wise this is great. Thank you for your contribution, we'll be sure to cross the Catacombs off the list as soon as we are able.

Alright, that looks pretty good, I think the Labyrinth is ready for publication, as soon as we get on to making the reboot.

I'll start doing it as soon as I can, however, since there's a lot of RNG involved I have to make a ton of charts and stuff, it might take a while.

Once I get better at this cool programming language I might write some cool shit too.

F4D3
Group Admin

Take your time... God knows we have :twilightsheepish:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1988211I'll do the history classroom please. Since it doubles as my office.

F4D3
Group Admin

Just write it up and submit it for editing/revision. Though it won't be there in the beginning of the reboot, having it on hand when needed will be good.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1997494 Eeyup:eeyup: I'll get on it immediately

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1988211>>1997494>>1989793 Here's the rough draft for the History Classroom
A large elm wood door stands as the entrance to the History Classroom. As you open the surprisingly light door. The inside seems to be from a black and white movie. The floor is elm wooden planks. The floor is covered by a large rug. It had the founding of Weston on it. On top of the rug and floor are wooden desks. Simple desks with cushioned chairs. The ceiling had a chandelier made out of floating glass balls.
On the left side was cloudy windows looking over the courtyard. The right side was were the entrance was it also two large book shelves. The front of the room had a large chalk board and the teacher's desk. The back of the room had a large map of the dimensional nexi and a globe that changed to show any planets surface. The room had a heavy feel to it.

F4D3
Group Admin

It had the founding of Weston on it.

Not exactly sure what that's supposed to mean...

The ceiling had a chandelier made out of floating glass balls.

Might be a bit too show-offy for a classroom.

The right side was were the entrance was it also two large book shelves.

Umm... Wat.

The back of the room had a large map of the dimensional nexi and a globe that changed to show any planets surface.

Could use some more describing, although, I'm not exactly sure this map fits in with the rest of the room's general feel.

Also, I think we should probably outline what the desks the college uses looks like, being that any number of creatures need to be able to sit in them comfortably, I'd imagine it be something simple, like pillows on the floor in front of a table.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2137277 I haven't changed the decor for years my son. The rug shows the founding of Weston much like stained windows or tapestries. Maybe the chandelier is a bit show offy. But this is a private school on it's own personal dwarf planet.(I don't like the asteroid theory.) So I'm doubtful that it can be considered to flashy. As for the chairs I prefer desks compared o pillows. This way we have adequate room to write assignments and such. But for students who have special sitting needs. I can adapt the chair to their needs. The entrance is on the right side of the room. The door is flanked either side by book cases. The map is much like one of those new fangled touch screen thingie naboobers.

F4D3
Group Admin

I haven't changed the decor for years

That's what I mean. If it's a history classroom, then it should look old, and the touchscreen map kinda takes away from that. As for the chandelier, my only problem is the fact that the room should be more practical than anything, and floating orbs in the middle of the room sorta detract from that. And canonically, it's much easier for equines to sit on something closer to the floor. As for where the entrance and book shelves, my only complaint for that was the grammar, it doesn't make any sense.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2137904 Well son. History and Geography are closely related. Thats why I have the map and globe. My curriculum during the first of the year shall be on the founding of Weston and history of Weston. I then shall teach about several worlds. Their historic moments and such. Then as a project. The students create some form of artwork about either their own world or pick something we covered in class. Then illuminate more about this single event or place. My map is enchanted to show be able to show every dimension's map. Whether it be of space or a town. I find it to be every useful. I guess I can remove my chandelier. Replace it with candles or just light from my window.

F4D3
Group Admin

That's what atlases and maps are for. An enchanted school book would honestly be better than a huge map in the back of the room.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2138528 Hmm maybe to you. But very well it shall be replaced by an even bigger globe!

F4D3
Group Admin

So each student being able to look up what they like at a moments notice while remaining fairly portable is worse than than a single, gigantic source that takes up too much space?

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2138611(joking)
Aye but it's a globe!

I'll have enchanted maps of small sizes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 32