Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36
SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Since Silver Cross is a shared NPC, I'm posting this thread so we can keep track of the backstory and character information we already have. This is a combination of things that have already come up, and back story that either I've come up with or others have.

She would normally be controlled by me, Ukiah, or Cielia & Sebastian. Any of us that come up with new backstory can go ahead and post it to this thread, or discuss backstory here. Some of this is my interpretation of the character, and things in here may very well be changed by further roleplaying.

Silver Cross:
Earth filly - 9 years old (just)
Light grey coat, light brown mane and tail, yellowish-green eyes
She speaks like this.

Her mother, red Cross, died a few years ago.
Her father is still alive. Name: Double Cross
No other family to speak of.

She lived in a small village, but her father moved with her to Canterlot. Shortly afterwards, the father sold her to Prince Blueblood, and no one in Canterlot is aware he even had a daughter.

She was being kept in Prince Blueblood's dungeon in a cage, and used as his plaything. The only areas she saw there were the dungeon, and his bedroom.

She isn't sure how long she was there (I'm thinking a few months Seeming closer to a year by now).

Overall health: Silver Cross has a few cuts, some of which may be infected. She has a few large obvious bruises, plus internal bruising. She isn't able to sit or walk comfortably, though if she curls up in a ball, she can get fairly comfortable.

A scan may also turn up a healed small crack on her skull, and one of her legs may have a healed fracture that clearly didn't get treated, and would be causing her to limp slightly if she wasn't already walking slowly from the bruises. It will certainly show malnutrition, due to not being fed properly in quite a while.

She likely will be prescribed painkillers and antibiotics, and dietary supplements to help her gain weight. She could also have an std, but I'm inclined not to do that, as she already has enough issues.

Update. No stds. All of the above has been healed except for the crack in her skull, which needs to be. She's taking the dietary supplements
She turned 9 the day before she was rescued.

She is smart, but somewhat ignorant, partially due to being young, and also due to having her schooling disrupted. She doesn't actually know what sex or rape are, despite having the latter happen to her multiple times.

She also doesn't know the word 'adoption', and doesn't use much in the way of polysyllabic words. She also didn't see Prince Bluebloods body clearly, so hasn't really realised he's dead. She normally thinks of Blueblood as he or him, and probably doesn't actually know his name.

She thinks of Celia as 'the lady' so far, and isn't sure what her name is. She hasn't really grasped that she's been adopted, and thinks Blueblood might have sold her to Celia. Celia hasn't talked to her enough for this to really come up. Indeed, Celia's barely talked to her at all.

Edit: By know, she knows she's been adopted, but Celia doesn't really like her or want her as a daughter. They are starting to come to terms, though. She also now knows Bluebloods name.

She is on good terms with Nautilus, Ukyo, and Wave, and is alright with Sebastian and Avery. She's also on good terms with Keats, Pharaoh, Wilde, and Webster.

Silver Cross is rather distrustful of beds, and slept in a chair with a cushion and blanket, the one time we've seen her sleep.

Silver Cross has rather bad nightmares, with everything that's happened to her. She's also half-starved. She'd rather do things for herself, and doesn't really like asking for help. Part of this is simply that she has no reason to trust anyone right now. She's also a bit wary of other ponies at the moment. (Though not as much as SB. With Silver Cross, it was just Blueblood, where with SB, a lot of other ponies were involved.)

For the same reasons, she doesn't really ask questions or draw attention to herself unless she has to. She is bright enough that she'll most likely remember how to do things, once shown, and she probably won't have to ask a question more than once unless she is skeptical of the answer.

She used to be very polite, and will still be when she remembers, but she has a lot on her mind.

For a cutie mark talent, Ukiah has suggested protecting others. At the moment, she doesn't have a cutie mark.

It's recently been revealed that Blueblood was being possessed by something named "Qar", which Silver Cross killed with a sword that's now some sort of artifact. It ate all the mortal parts of her soul, but she turns out to be part-Djinn.

Also, fast-healing, drawing, and the ability to almost turn into smoke seem to be abilities of hers. The fact that she was in as bad shape as she was is mainly because she would have died several times over without her fast healing ability.

So many 'Silver' characters:twilightoops:

F4D3
Group Admin

Interesting

Indeed

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

This is the filly from the 'On The Job' and the 'Visit To Canterlot Castle' threads. A lot of this was things already put in in one place or another, but I went ahead and added a fair amount of new information, since I've been thinking about the character.

The name was given by Celia & Sebastian, though.

This is the filly from the 'On The Job' and the 'Visit To Canterlot Castle' threads.

I've only really glanced over those two threads, never actually read them.

spider8itch
Group Admin

1614142 Read. Them.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1614010Sounds all good. I was just suggesting it. I think after the reboot. If we still use her. When its a really a good moment. I thijk we should have her earn her cutie mark.
1614520yes

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Yeah, if we find a good moment, we can have her get her cutie mark. Hopefully she survives the reboot. Things will get really interesting if she's still around when Cielia gets taken out.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1616489 Uncle Nautilus to the rescue. But yes Cielia will die by my hooves. Then We get to watch Ukyo screw up the school.

Just because I felt like it, I wrote out the events of 'On The Job' from Silver Cross's point of view, with backstory of how she got there. It can be found here. It's pretty rough and hasn't had much editing yet, In fact, I would usually do a rewrite of the chapter once it got to this point.

Still, since it does expand on what is in the first post, I thought I'd add it to this thread. There's also a copy in Google Docs with comments enabled...

I may at some point revise it and actually bring it into a more publishable state, and write out the events after that. We'll see.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Let's just say that Sweetie Belle decided she'd rather I wrote this under Silvy's account then hers...

--SB

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1629525 I liked and favorited it. This is going to be very interesting.

Thanks. I am planning on revising it and putting a better description on it eventually. (And I could use a picture of Silver Cross in a cage for a story image. Should have asked when they were available.) I'm pretty sure I'll write chapter two, at least, though it really is going to be lower priority then a lot of other things.You'll notice Sweetie Belle has a several month old first chapter of an unpublished fanfic on her profile, to give you an idea. I may end up labeling this as a collaboration between us.

I'm not yet sure if I have the tags right. I'm trying to avoid being too explicit, as "Mature (sex)" tends to be interpreted as clop, and this isn't. But I'm going to be pushing it enough times that I'll have to think about it.

Also, basing it on the rp is going to be somewhat loose. Don't be surprised if other peoples parts get modified on it for the convenience of the story.

For that matter, I really could use descriptions of everyone in the manor for the next chapter. I glossed over Cielia's appearance a bit, too, since I didn't feel like hunting up a proper description.

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

I did a full revision of the first chapter, and posted it as a separate chapter for the moment. I'll unpublish the original later on.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1637872 Well Nautilus or Uncle Nautilus. Is actually Captain Nemo from 20,000 leagues under the sea. Or well somewhat like him. Also I'm back!

So, a ponified version of this?

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1668896 Yeah. He also has an Indian accent.

Lets see. Brown coat, black mane, tail and mustache. White captains hat. Navy uniform.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1668957 He's also the dad of Wave and Spider. Yet Wave is Scottish and Irish. Very strange family.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

I was playing around with the new pony creator based on the description of light grey fur, brown mane, and yellow-green eyes. I'm not sure this really fits my mental image, but it's a first try, anyway. I'm mostly not sure about the mane.

Pony code:
3/02G00oixBOMXZ00hSb8pn18370034icvPnfnk34Vp/C/t//22

Pose code:

The hat selection could be better in the new pony creator.

Ponycode:
jE/1y8SO3aJ5XOK5eRi/spn18376h080000000037KT6E/t//2005025N46025N51025N

Pose code:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1676339 Yeah how about a white coat. I also think maybe tan body? What do you think? I do like it though.

The clothes weren't very flexible, really...

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1677628 It looks amazing!!

While it's limited in some ways, that new pony creator Sweetie Belle linked to is pretty nice. I wish there was a lot more flexability in clothing, though.

The rough draft of chapter two is out, incidentally. I'm working on chapter 3, but I'll be revising chapter 2. There are a few rough spots.

Wish I had some cover art, but Silver Cross in a cage would really be what it should be. Perhaps I should have gotten in on the "draw your character" thread while it was still available.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1680885 Yeah. I wish I could have gotten a pic of Ukaih. Oh well. I've found a how to draw ponies app. I'm gonna look into it.

Well, there is a zebra pattern in the new pony creator, too.

--Silvy

Oh, here's the revised ponycode, incidentally.

jE/1y8Snfnk5XOK5eRi/spn1837B3080000000037KT6E/t//2005025N44////51////

Comment posted by Silversmith Senna Spoon deleted Sep 5th, 2013
SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

1668926>>1614505

I changed the pony creator version of Silver Cross a bit.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1683142 The hats strange. But it's still awesome.
1683297 Quite sad looking. Very normal.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Her designs a little close to another OC's[1] now, but it's pony creator, and they are similar types, so there's only so much you can do. Sad, normal, and small were some of the big things I was going for.

[1] Though not one used here.

--Sweetie Belle

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1690534 Yeah. I imagined Cross as a small, sad, and normal looking filly.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

This was a little out of date, so I updated it a bit.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36