Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 268 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 268
Melkor
Group Admin

InvisibleBlade is having issues, as far as I know he ran away, and is living in the woods to find himself.
I'm not kidding.:ajsleepy:
Hopefully he'll come back ok.

Invisible Blade was last seen thirty seconds ago, he's just invisible. Pm him, or comment on his page or something. Midnight Bloom was last seen about two days ago, though.

--Silvy

1375261 I got a question, when can everyone post their OC? Oh I don't know where either of those two are.

F4D3
Group Admin

No, he decided against it. :ajsmug:

F4D3
Group Admin

Might take some time. We still need to decide on what our new character sheets are going to look like.

I'd do it, but I don't think he likes me all that much. :twilightoops:

Melkor
Group Admin

He did? At first he said he was considering it, then he said he wouldn't, and then he decided he would.
Anyway, maybe I'm mixing that up with the other blog I read recently.
This Blog... right Here.:fluttercry:

We don't have a new OC form yet, so it'll be a few days, though if you are doing a teacher, mention which class in the Classes thread, because we are trying to get to them early. You can try them out in the in-flux Dining Hall (or 'Dinning Hell') thread, though. That thread is for the interim, while everything is changing, and characters there may be significantly different then the old or new ones.

You can also talk about them in the "Change of characters in the Reboot.(Discussion)(Everyone whom wishes)" thread.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

I had heard about that, but I didn't want to think it was true. I honestly don't know though.

1375324 1375354 I don't know what to say about that. I mean I can't do anything about it. I'm not being a dick here, but I really don't know what to do.

1375330 My OC Spez will be reboot to a shy and magical armor making human. :moustache: Another thing is Spez and Sycro should be the only two humans so far in Equestria. No one should know what a human is except you, the Princesses, and the Elements. SpezXPyroXAutumn thing never happen, so when he come back he is not ship and never got anyone pregnant.

F4D3
Group Admin

Actually, for my new canon to work humans needed to have existed on Equestria for quite some time.

Melkor
Group Admin

Hello Spez.:pinkiesmile:

Frappe is now...:pinkiehappy:

A filly.:trollestia:

1375404 How are you going to do that? Have a human civilization already there?

1375417 I already said that Blaze is not coming back to this RP, if he does come back he'll most likely be evil.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

That's sad. DaemoN67 accused me of being a changeling once. Didn't really know him otherwise. Hope it didn't happen, but that was quite a few hours ago...

--Sweetie Belle

F4D3
Group Admin

Pretty much.

You're getting rid of Blaze?

I actually really liked him and thought he was pretty cool, but whatever, it's your decision.

1375438 Okay

Maybe....but he will have his greed back though. If Frappe is a filly in the new one, Blaze will be rebooted too.

Melkor
Group Admin

I didn't see you post that, but it just makes things even better.:rainbowkiss:
You don't have to bring Blaze back, he's not an integral part of my RP.

F4D3
Group Admin

Naw, you don't have to bring him back, I just wish you had used him a bit more...

1375438>>1375446

The real question is whether he'll volunteer to be a model for my art class if he comes back.:twistnerd:

--Silvy

1375451 1375462 1375464 Maybe :trollestia:

You should use Spez as part of human antomy class.:rainbowlaugh:

Melkor
Group Admin

Something about that rubs me the wrong way.
I'd be fine with a few humans, but having a whole slew of them? Not really.
My head canon is that in a war many years back humans killed each other in a WWIII super weapon manner.
Sort of like the comic canon for Sonic The Hedgehog.
(Except that aliens killed the humans in that... never mind, it equals out to the same thing)

F4D3
Group Admin

Unlikely, as Xeraphis would probably be the one teaching the class. In the current version Xeraphis doesn't really like humans, in the reboot he will hate humans with a passion.

F4D3
Group Admin

1375516>>1375493
Well, in mine humans and changelings waged many bloody wars against each other, leading to animosity between the two species. I kinda need that to happen at some point for a couple of my characters to work, but that doesn't mean we can't work something out on the canon for humans and the school. :ajsmug:

1375493>>1375522

Silvy, however, has worked with humans in the past, and spent enough time with them to see them as not being too dissimilar from ponies. In fact, she spent enough time in non-pony places to not use ponyisms like 'anypony' much any more.

--Silvy

Melkor
Group Admin

Virtual dissection? Frappe would be up to the procedure with her...
Magic!:trollestia:

Melkor
Group Admin

I'd understand having a small community of humans.
Maybe their lore is intertwined? Maybe a remnant of humans created the changelings years back.
That's my line of thinking.

F4D3
Group Admin

Eh, maybe, but I'm not all too sure about the humans creating changelings, it could work though...

1375588>>1375561>>1375484
... That does bring up another point though, what other species are there in this canon? Orcs? Goblins? Dwarves? Elves? Anything along those lines?

spider8itch
Group Admin

1375637 Anything is canon here.

F4D3
Group Admin

lol! :rainbowlaugh:

Although that might create problems later, given the current discussion on humans we're having right now... :unsuresweetie:

Melkor
Group Admin

They were probably experimenting on alicorn kind to create super soldier servants.
I like to explain the lack of alicorns with "Darkened shores" canon.
I think of humans as sort of like the Enclave from Fallout.

F4D3
Group Admin

Is it bad that I have no idea what you're talking about?

Melkor
Group Admin

You don't know about the Enclave or Darkened shores?

F4D3
Group Admin

Not in the least. I'm fairly closed off when it comes to what other people like.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1375701>>1375657>>1375561 I know that Ukaih will know about humans. Since a small percentage lived in Ytic Dlareme. For example they could be the ancestors of The changing and Hi man war and the Human war. Here be an idea. What if per say that a country of humans attack the changlings. While others fought against themself. Eventually Ra Kamaka(Or something else just an example) stopped the human war by annihilating both sides. Except a few survivors. Then in the Changling War like Koffing said they reached a stale mate.

1375773>>1375645

Part of the trouble with anything being canon is that characters tend to come with their own backstory that often conflicts with other characters backstories. That's one reason a pocket dimension works, is that it means the students are likely to be from different realities with their own canon.

Of course, SB, Sweetie Belle, and me are from three different dimensions, none of which would be this one, which means their backstories won't conflict too much.

--Silvy

Melkor
Group Admin

I'd like the idea of this better.
In the ancient past the humans all but annihilated themselves, leaving a power vacuum that let other races rise.
Only a few factions of humans were left, and those groups kept fighting themselves almost leading to human extinction.
Though not all of the details are known, the changeling legends tell of how powerful and aggressive the humans are, so they try to wipe them out to rid the world of a "great evil"
This led the humans to gather under one banner and fight against the changelings.

That's a rough estimate of lore that I could think of.

F4D3
Group Admin

That would work perfectly with my lore on changelings.

Melkor
Group Admin

I'll continue then.
Changelings weren't how they are today. They used to be more like the Zebra kind in culture.
What I mean is, they had magic that nopony else had, but they weren't evil, just misunderstood.
(Something similar to this is why the war between the Zebra kind and the ponies started in FoE)
During this war the humans captured dozens of changelings and attempted to destroy them by creating genetic/biological weapons. Releasing this on their populace, it didn't work as intended, though it made them look like monsters by physically deforming them. (Hence the holes, bent horn, and shredded wings)

Melkor
Group Admin

The Enclave is a group that pretends it's the US government. It mainly tries to take over the world and things of that nature.
They also try to "cleanse" the world of mutants/imperfect people. Basically anyone who was born on the surface in the Fallout games.

Darkened Shores is a fic I've read.
Basically Celestia wants to mount an expedition to take back her homeland, which was literally eaten by darkness. Her brother was one of the fatalities of fighting this darkness thousands of years ago.

1375960 1376060 Yeah the human and changeling war will confuse Spez and Sycro. I mean the humans probably never use the tech we have today. The humans have the power to destroy cities with a push of a button in our society. Imaging how the changlings will react to a fighter jet, battleship, tank, or a fucking nuke. Hell not just the changlings the whole species in this world.

F4D3
Group Admin

Something like that could work, I can't reveal too much about my characters right now, but having somepony being taken away, to possibly never be seen again, might just be what I need to make my OC's back story as dark as it is depressing. (Or at least I hope it'll be dark and depressing :derpytongue2:)

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1375896>>1376013 This history is officially approved by Ancient Times! I know something that I'm putting in my history class now. Zebra kind isn't misunderstood is it? Actually Zebra magic is accessible to all creatures. But when a Zebra uses its races magic it boost the power. Also their several different types of Zebra Magic.

F4D3
Group Admin

Well, humans should be just as scared of what the equine have to offer. They have the resources to move entire celestial bodies, something humanity isn't even close to being able to do.

F4D3
Group Admin

Um, everyone was kinda deathly afraid of Zecora before Twilight came to Ponyville, if you remember. :unsuresweetie:

Melkor
Group Admin

Remember the first episode Zecora was in, how everyone thought she was evil?
That's what I meant, everyone feared the changelings because they were different, though not yet monsters.

1376130 Yes but they have to take a tremendous amount of will power to do that. One thing that everyone forgets about magic, it uses up there physical capabilities. Look Twilight uses magic, but when she does she either grunts or sweats while doing it. Same with princesses while they are moving the sun and moon.

F4D3
Group Admin

Like it doesn't take millions upon millions of resources to build a nuke?

1376175 Dude did you know how many nukes we got already built.:duck: We have enough to destroy the fucking Earth. It takes four to change the climate and it will create a nuclear winter. Radiation will make any living being melt from the inside out.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 268