Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 268 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 268
F4D3
Group Admin

You can manage a shop, as many characters are doing that now. :ajsmug:

1371231>>1371238

How about a bank? Knightstone Village could probably use one.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371230 Sweetie considering that you slept once in that dorm. I probably should have become prefect or dorm warden of it. Oh well that is the past. And as soon as you untangle the really thick striped thread from the tapestry then I'll have a fragmented memory. Lucky for me you can't cut it

~ Ukaih Sedah Arbez Kamaka.

F4D3
Group Admin

1371249>>1371251
A bank could work, but I don't want it being the center of the game's economy. While I don't think a bank should be implemented at the start of the reboot, if the currency works well then it would be best to open one.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371261>>1371249 I think the bank would mostly be used to check the amount of money a character has. Kinda like the staff room it wasn't really any role playing happening it was stats and maps and such.

F4D3
Group Admin

Another thing, it'd be best to keep dialogue short, simple and to the point, as well as decipherable.

F4D3
Group Admin

Midnight's taking care of that (hopefully). I think the bank should be more of a place where you can deposit your savings without fearing of something happening to it.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371238 Hmmm an armory.. the joke shop..... several ideas forming.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Three times, actually, but nopony seemed to be bothering with sleeping there any more the last two times. It was kinda disturbing.

Madam Fittings probably could, but we aren't cutting any of the threads. Just detangling them, removing them, washing out the dye, repairing them, in some cases, then putting them in the new tapestry. That's why it's such a pain.

--Sweetie Belle

Ukaih
Group Contributor

Really hmmm intriguing.
I know that Madam Fittings is a fate. But not even the fates can cut a God's thread. Oh well I doubt it matters any way.

~Ukaih Sedah Arbez Kamaka

F4D3
Group Admin

Not saying you couldn't manage the bank at some point. Also, keep in mind what we sell should have some purpose to the RP, if we're gonna be spending our hard earned bits on it.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371302 Exactly like an armory or etc. While the Mad pony shop is for fun.

F4D3
Group Admin

I'd leave the armory to Invisible Blade.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

She says that even immortals and gods, or even fates die, and when they do, it's in the threads. But she also doesn't cut threads before it's time, because it makes for an ugly tapestry. One of the reasons it got so out of hoof this time is that there aren't currently three fates. Apparently, she was kinda planning me to take over as one of them. Still not sure what to think about that.

--Sweetie Belle

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371337 Hmm If I did the part time job thing none of my characters would really need that. Ukaih is a prince, God merchant, CEO extrodinair. Wave is the leader of a gang and nephew of Cielia. Bright is a dutchess.

F4D3
Group Admin

Perhaps new fates will appear once the tapestry is remade. :rainbowderp:

As for you becoming a fate, I'd decide against it, in the long run it just isn't as glamorous as it sounds. :ajsmug:

F4D3
Group Admin

Go play Super Smash Brothers.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371356(Sweetie Belle = fate T_T Rarity = Fate !D)
True we ordinairy God's and Goddesses can die. I'm death Sweetie. Even a fate will admit that death can't die. Sadly this means when I grow old and when I'll want to die. I can't. I'll find a loophole by then... hopefully. Ukaih slightly flinched when he heard of Sweetie Belle as a fate.

~ Ukaih Sedah Arbez Kamaka

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Well, the reboot will reset that possibility too, either way, so I'll have to wait and see if it happens again. She said she wanted me to replace Lachesis, the one who measures the threads, which kinda makes sense with how much time I've spent measuring ponies.

--Sweetie Belle

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371373 I already did at the sleepover last night:ajsmug:. But nah I'm probably going to run the Mad pony shop with two of my favorite stallion unicorns that show up in an episode.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Running the joke shop sounds promising. Keep in mind, you'll probably need an npc store owner.

--Sweetie Belle

F4D3
Group Admin

This is basically how I feel right now.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371421 Eeyup:eeyup: Funny mention brothers because the flim glam brothers are running the Mad pony shop.1371405

F4D3
Group Admin

Imagine I'm Mario and you're Olimar. Just do it. For one second. Please.

Flim Glam Brothers? Eh.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371444 What I'm the stupid one? Who keeps repeating things?... Are we trying to tell me something?

F4D3
Group Admin

Maybe you could just Gender bend them to the Shim Sham Sisters?. It's just... Flim Glam sounds so... Drag queenish.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371460 Oops just realised there was a typo I meant the Flim Flam Brothers.

F4D3
Group Admin

toplel, I doubt using canon characters, especially twins like them, would be a good idea. It's a bit overdone.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

By me, me, and me?

--Sweetie Belle

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371482 True I was just trying to put in some more canon stuff.

F4D3
Group Admin

1371490>>1371491
No, I meant the whole twins deal.

As in me and my sister.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Well, that's sorta also me and SB, but I see what you mean.

--Sweetie Belle

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371494 Ah. But twins are a fun way to spice up the owners. Oh well maybe it will be an alien. Oh the possibilities are almost endless.

F4D3
Group Admin

Not endless, let's keep things a bit simple. Why not something like Choose Goose?

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371511 If I was skilled enough I'd have him be Discord. But He'll be named Hyena and he's a giraffe

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1362831 What about a list of top students?

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371779 Top students as in an honor roll of sorts?

F4D3
Group Admin

Could work, although that list would probably need to be kept under heavy maintenance... perhaps we should have a a Student of The Week?

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1373484 Sounds like a good idea. But how would we decide on the student? Would it be based on Grades, overall personality, and other variables?

F4D3
Group Admin

Overall performance as well as school achievements, such as earning ribbons, getting above average grades, as well as a few other things.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1373708 Than would only the ones that join the army class get it? I think we should keep those seperate. Due to the fact that one is a class achievement. Than shouldn't ribbons be only in effect of that class? Because Not every pony will want to join that.

F4D3
Group Admin

Extracurricular activities are how a students irl school get recognized.

1373745 Hello everyone!!!!!

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1373745 Hmm true. As always your right.

F4D3
Group Admin

1362833>>1362875>>1363568
Okay, something else I feel the school needs is an announcement board. I know we had one in the beginning of the college but barely anyone used it, but it would allow for people who have been out of the RP to be informed of current events much easier that having to sift through our literal hundreds of threads.

Here's how I think it should work, every member of the college gets one post in the thread, which they may update with whatever events are revolving around their characters. You may update your post at any time if you see that an important event has not been covered by anyone else's post. I think doing this would help not only minimize the number of "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" threads as well as keep people up to date if something happens while they are off or in disposed.

HELLZ YEAHZ!!! WE AM GON BE AL INFOMED AN SHIZ!

I think it's a magnificent idea.

If everyone only has one post, and people actually update it, the announcement board could be useful. The previous one got unstickied for space, because the only thing on it was the class schedule, and I moved that elsewhere.

The question, of course, is whether people will update it, or if it'd drift out of date. If we can find a way to motivate people to update it, it'd be good.

The other consideration is how much upkeep things will take. We don't really want to overstress the admins with too many things to do, or if we do, we need to make sure we have plenty of admins to spread it around.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

1375154>>1374704>>1362851>>1372292>>1373805>>1368921
Good point, not just for the announcement board, but also for the group as a whole. We need to find a way to keep students invested in this group. That's what I'm hoping the currency and experience will help attribute to but I feel there should be more depth to that. A good example is Eru Iluvatar's idea about JROTC and ribbons. So yeah, the use of clubs would be the way to go if we want to make the students get more involved in the school.

I feel that admins taking supremacy over certain things of the school (Midnight Words for example will be keeping track of grades) should work to some extent. If we make it a place people will feel inclined to go to every now and again, even if it's just to see how their grades are doing or something like that, it has a possibility of working.

And of course, given that we currently have about thirteen admins for the group upkeep shouldn't be too stressful.

Which reminds me, does anyone know where MidnightBloom and Invisible Blade are? I haven't seen either of them for a while, and both of them being admins should really be a part of this endeavor to change the group. Especially considering that MidnightBloom was our school nurse.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 268