Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 268 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 268

1367686 Okay so which one are we using?

I like mine best. :rainbowkiss:

1367710 :rainbowkiss: Okay I'll start my character sheet.....later on.:trollestia:

F4D3
Group Admin

I do think those work quite well. Perhaps an adaptation of those with a bit of our current one thrown in?

F4D3
Group Admin

I admit, I like yours more too. :pinkiesad2:

Yar, agreed. They work finely for their respective groups, but this is a college. :rainbowwild: We should adapt.

le shrug. I didn't make it :rainbowwild:

Thank you! :pinkiesad2: Internet hug?

F4D3
Group Admin

1367725>>1367730>>1367713
I think that one actually works.

What exactly does your character value in their life?

Their home? Their loved ones? Their religion?

1367741 That would really put some mental conflict with some OC's, especially if someone is using a human.:moustache:

F4D3
Group Admin

Yes bro, internet hug. :twilightsmile:

That's sorta the point. Not every character is going to get along with every one else. I actually have a little test to see what a character values most, it's called the elemental test.

1367763 Okay how does this test works?

F4D3
Group Admin

I might as well leave this here.

Old application forms:

Student Application:
Name:
OC:
Bio:
Questionnaire:
1) Are you good at sports?
2) Are you good at the arts?
3) Do ponies often consider you to be an aristocrat?
4) Do you excel at all subjects?
5) What would you do if your closest friend was about to be hit by a carriage?

Dorm Warden Application:
(All applicants must have previously filled out a student application)
Name:
OC:
Dorm:
Skills:
IQ: (if applicable)

Teacher/Staff Application:
Name:
OC:
Bio:
Specialty/Position Applying For:
Mental Stability:
Likelihood to Pose a Threat to the Other Staff or Students:

Prefect Application:
(All applicants must have previously filled out a student application)
Name:
OC:
Dorm:
Cutie Mark: (If applicable)
Reason for wanting to be a prefect:

Student Work Permit:
Name:
OC:
Specialty/Position Applying For:
Mental Stability:
Likelihood to Pose a Threat to the Other Staff or Students:

F4D3
Group Admin

1367776>>1367734>>1367730
The test works in a sort of multiple choice format. Basically you're given a set of elements along with a brief three sentence description. You have to decide which two best fit your character.

1367799 That sounds like it would work.:eeyup:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1367799 Okay first off, Everyone has given out very good ideas. I'm sorry I was gone. I very much agree with the new leveling up idea. Plus the new character forms.

Comment posted by F4D3 deleted Jul 29th, 2013
Melkor
Group Admin

I agree with Smug Ass Koffing, there should be a combination of the two.
As a side note, aren't race and species the same thing? Yes, when in reference to humans that's not true, there doesn't seem to be a social code based off of skin color for ponies though.
A ponie's skin color would better fit into physical appearance, otherwise we'll have to make up race names for every color in the rainbow.

aren't race and species the same thing?

Must... Contain... Murder want...

Pegasus Unicorn and Earth pony are three different races. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowkiss::heart:

F4D3
Group Admin

1368921>>1368939
Let's just keep it to species, race can be specified if that person wants to, but shouldn't be necessary.

Melkor
Group Admin

Oh my.:facehoof:
In my defence, I'm lacking a bit in the sleep department at the moment, as I've been up for fifteen hours on four hours of sleep.

EDIT: I was thinking of "races" like when some lady complained about MLP FIM being racist, and that skin color meant something substantial. Lauren corrected her though.:trollestia:

EDIT:EDIT: I will have a class, and it will be dubbed "How to put your hoof in your mouth 101" with the text book called "Snatching Defeat from the jaws of victory"

Note that those are the modified old forms as changed by me. The Student work form is new, basically the staff one without items already on the student one. Otherwise, I merged the old application forms with the most common things included on the attendence thread, and dropped the preferred dorm question.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

I am aware, but I feel we should at least implement a good portion of these forms to make our new applications. Combining elements from these as well as new ones and using a bit of Iron Galley's character sheet is what I feel should make up our new application/s.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1370721>>1370818 I second that. But then we have to figure out how many dorms will there be? Should we keep it simple and just keep five. So we aren't changing to many things.

F4D3
Group Admin

We've already stated there should only be four dorms.

1370818>>1370834

I'm good with new forms, I just wanted to make sure people knew the differences between mine and the old ones. 'Mental Stability' and 'Likelihood to Pose a Threat to the Other Staff or Students' were additions of mine as well, and somewhat indicate my state of mind that the time I cobbled them together.

And wouldn't simple be four dorms? I was thinking we could simply reject any characters for revision that qualified for Midnight Raven.

We could probably come up with better dorm sorting questions, too.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

All we'd need to do for that is look to a halfway decent personality test. The color personality test comes to mind, as it would fit almost perfectly with the dorms we have.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1370846>>1370859 When did the four dorm thing happen? Also I think it would be unfair to reject characters that don't fit into one category. I mean take Sweetie Belle for example. Silversmith you said your self that she could fit into multiple dorms. That was one reason of Midnight Raven some characters are well rounded. Even then I know Cielia is pondering just having two dorms. So no we haven't decided this. I'm pushing the five dorms. I'll be open to compromise but having four distinctive dorms seems to make several character not possible to join.

F4D3
Group Admin

That's what we're trying to do. Have you been paying any attention to what me and Iron Galley have been talking about?

And that's why the color test would fit perfectly for this school. In truth one student might be a viable candidate for multiple dorms, that test would say which would suit them best.

Also, in case you haven't noticed there are only like three students in Midnight Raven. :unsuresweetie:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1370905 True the population is low and I doubt Wave will make it back in because of my changes to him. By a color? Or do you mean an elemental test? Because that would make more sense. What if students are actually hand picked by the headmistress herself for Midnight Raven or just private lessons?

1370882>>1370888

Well, alright, perhaps rejecting them might be a little much. And everything is still up for discussion to a certain extent. Having a fifth dorm that's going to be populated by a very small number of characters, when we already don't really have enough students to fill four dorms seems like a waste of thread space on the front page, which is always at a premium. And I'd really rather not have a couple students singled out as special.

Also, I was hoping to have the 'honorary dorm' member rule in from the start this time, so you could eventually have a secondary dorm.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1370922 I also wanted to bring that up. True a fifth dorm would take up space and be scarcely populated. Sure it may be unfair to call some far more special then others. But does make the role play far more realistic.

F4D3
Group Admin

Being hand picked by someone who has obvious preferences for certain people doesn't sound like a good idea.

This what I'm talking about when I say color personality.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1370942 True. Then maybe it should come down to the personality test. I still think it might not work for every pony but I'm willing to try.

F4D3
Group Admin

Seriously, look at what Iron Galley's been saying. Not every OC should be a viable candidate for the school. We're trying to avoid Mary Sues/Gary Stues, and this is the best way to do that.

1370985>>1371023

Also, Ukiah was originally sorted to Scarlet Fox, and his character actually fit that dorm pretty well.

And personality tests are fun when you're going them for a character rather then yourself. Though I'd prefer one you didn't have to give an e-mail address to.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371023 Hmmm. I take a gander at that. But then you get people that joined that are slightly annoyed at being rejected. Then comes up the logical question. Who puts who where? I'm nominating Cielia to do this.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371070 I'm not talking about Ukaih. But he was set there because Cielia hadn't introduced Midnight Raven yet. I like doing personality test. Don't get me wrong I like we're this is going.

F4D3
Group Admin

There's different versions, that was just one that essentially represented the point I was trying to get across. I'm not saying we should use it, just think of it as an example for building our own personality test for the college. The tests I've taken using that format are fairly simple and could work well with the school (Believe me, I've taken about a dozen of tests like that for my school).

F4D3
Group Admin

I'm hoping our new test will be easy enough to understand so that anyone will be able to sort the students to the dorm that suits them the most.

Well, C&S have handled it, Midnight Words was doing some of them, IIRC, and I've done some of the sorting. Probably just the principal, vice-principal, and a staff member or two. Multiple people doing it would be a good idea, though, in case one was missing.

Not trying to target you or anything, he was just actually the best fit we really had to that dorm.

Right there are lots of personality tests out there. We could probably even figure something out with a standard Myers-Briggs test.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371133 Anyone? Maybe for admins. Admins since they are the staff.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371144 Which dorm Scarlet Fox or Midnight? Ukaih was probably the best fit for both of them.
Exactly have the admin which I think in the reboot should be the staff do so.

F4D3
Group Admin

Whatever everyone can agree to works fine with me. If you want, you could handle the personality/dorm sorting part while I work on the IC character sheet alongside Iron Galley and his OOC character Sheet?

Yes, that's what I was saying.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371189 Then I handle the money? Also :facehoof: I'm slow tonight it happens after a sleepover sorry. I could help in the personality department.

Scarlet Fox. Barely any of the characters sorted in there were even really aristocrats.

I'll take a look around.Real trouble is finding something that matches the dorms well.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

Naw, leave it to me, Silvy, Iron Galley, and Midnight Words. We should be able to handle it. :ajsmug:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371206 Yeah. I like Sweetie and all.(See is my favorite cmc. It also helps that I love rarity) But she to me didn't fit in that dorm. I mean in all truth she should have been in Violet Wolf or Sapphire Owl.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

I could probably sort somepony occasionally, too...

Well, yeah, I really only picked that dorm 'cause it was empty. I shoulda asked for Sapphire Owl, but I didn't really want to ask for a transfer twice.

--Sweetie Belle

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1371213 Fine :applecry: But I'm contributing something to this and when I figure what that is than I'm doing it.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 268