Contests group 72 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
CometTail
Group Admin

It's that Time!
That's right folks, it is time for the first monthly contest! We and the admins discussed that the genre for this month is...

Slice of Life and Comedy! Make us laugh, you may not use any genre not given to you.
Story submission reviews are,

1. No submitting stories prior to the contest. They will not be counted.
2. Must use given genre, prompt, and characters.
3. Have fun!

The ratings will go to from everyone to mature. Clopfics and gore is allowed, but no rape.

Theme is description, give us good description along with dialoge to make it good story.

This months prompt is,

You character is waiting in line for hours, what does he/she do to pass the time?

Your given characters for this prompt is.

Colgate
Fleur Di Lis
Prince Blue Blood
Fancy Pants
Derpy
Rainbow Dash

There you have it folks that is your prompt this month.
Stories must be submitted in the correct folder by July 26th, then the judges can review and pick the winner.

First place gets his story placed in the monthly submissions folder and a special quote and tag. Second place gets his story placed in second place folder. Third Place gets a special quote and story submitted in third place folder.

We Have received 2 submissions
Time Left one month.
Happy writing, Comettail out-

Comment posted by Weirdguy deleted Jun 26th, 2013
CometTail
Group Admin

This is our check list, Have you posted it to fimfiction before I posted this, or did you just write it and now posting it.

Is it based on the prompt or a different story. All stories not related to the contest will be deleted if put in wrong folder.

Question: is there a word limit or something? Also, do we have to use all the characters or as many as we want? Thanks.

CometTail
Group Admin

1. Yes, minimum is 1500 words and max is 6000.
2. You can use one, two, or all if you want. It can be a group, dates, etc.

You know, I want to write a story for this, but it feels a bit too restrained, I think. It might just be that Comedy is the one genre I'm just not that good at writing, but I think the fact that we are forced to write one particular character is rather tough. Well, maybe I'll give it a whirl and submit something if I can manage to write something that at least makes me smile.

Besides, a small break from writing (other stuff) could be beneficial.

CometTail
Group Admin

You could write all, or make it two characters on a date waiting in line for hours. Creativity is yours.

Hmm. I just planned it all out and have 700 words out of the way. It will probably end up being 3000-ish words. (Comedy is hard :unsuresweetie: ) It should be finished tomorrow. At this rate I'll be the only one with a story :twilightoops: I hope some others get some writing done. Maybe tomorrow I'll go make a blog about the group and see if anyone else wants to try their hoof at it.

1173044 This might be late, but I just wrote a story, but it's currently waiting for approval. You can find it here, though. Hope you like it?

CometTail
Group Admin

You are on time, just put it in the right folder and tomorrow we will judge it. :D

Yay, another entry!

I hope we can get more contestants for the next ones. I'll see if I can grab some people with a blog post when we post out the next set of contest guidelines.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14