Mormon Bronies 108 members · 233 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Anyone familiar with Don Bluth's movies? I'll post some images...

Did you know he's a Mormon?

Huh, I didn't know that…
An American Tail was way too scary for me as a kid, but I loved the sequel.

He used to work for Disney and left for 2 years to go on a mission. Shortly after Disney died, he was dissatisfied with how the company was being run and began to make his own movies.

I found that out when watching a video on animation by someone on YouTube. All the YouTuber had to do was mention the mission and I was like, "Holy macaroni! He's LDS? Sweet!"

No wonder my favorite Don Bluth movie, The Land Before Time, felt kind of spiritual to me...

For me, it's a hard choice between Secret of NIMH and An American Tail.

5681121 5681197 5681457

And now he is making...

look at the end

I remember hearing about that. It's going to be awesome.

Yes, I did.
You know how his film touched so many.
He's talented and he knows what's entertaining. (Well most of the time.)

But did you know, Stephanie Meyer is one too? :derpytongue2:

Yes, and so is Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game), Brandon Mull (Fablehaven), and Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn). Also, Battlestar Galactica was made by a Mormon.

It's funny. I'm not a Mormon myself (almost joined the Church, though), but most of my friends are Mormons, so I decided to join the forum. Hope that's alright.

5682800 You are most welcome.

Yes, I did, I don't recognize the third picture though.

All Dogs go to Heaven.

Yup, and he also made Anastasia, Titan A.E., and (gag) Thumbellina, among others. Interestingly, he had nothing to do with An American Tail 2. It does make sense, because it feels rather different, but it is still a weird movie in his style.

Even though he didn't do American Tail: Fievel Goes West, Steven Spielberg did that one as well as helping Bluth with the first one. Which explains why that sequel turned out better than sequels to his other movies (Land Before Time 2-14, Secret of NIMH 2, and All Dogs go to Heaven 2 were not as good as the American Tail sequel)

5696812 Yup, Spielberg did right by the second one, and don't even speak to me about The Land Before Time sequels. Ugh. What a bunch of trash. :ajbemused:

I actually thought Titan AE was one of Bluth's better movies. I really liked the Planet Bob part.

5699543 It had some really cool parts in it, and I enjoyed it, but it seemed rather flat at times, and didn't explore it's potential. Visually it was great (Don Bluth's animation always is if you acquire a taste for his style).

Sorry for the necro haha.

Sorry for the necro haha.

Oh, that's OK. Here's a funny meme...

5881957 lol that's a good one. I've always been fond of rhymes. A keeper for sure!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20