Humanized Authors Alliance 110 members · 462 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

It's a very simple, yet crucial question isn't it? Compare strictly pony stories to HiE stories. What exactly does the change offer in terms of difference? This is the cornerstone of HiE fics, something that not every HiE author understands. The very concept needs to be actively addressed, but without shoving it in the readers face. The one author I know of that can actually do this right consistently just posted another story: JaydexTheShadowKnight. I won't focus on it too much because it doesn't really relate to the question at hand.

Obviously there's a major difference between HiE stories and humanized stories. Hence a humanized story actually needs the fact that they are humans actively addressed. It needs a present element otherwise the entire idea fails to provide its own basic concept. To answer the question we need to answer another question: what can you do with a humanized story that can't be done with a strictly pony story?

I ask this question so we can simply shoot out ideas. Personally I find that action provides a very present human aspect that could be done with ponies, but obviously in a much different manner. Humans and Equestrian creatures (including griffons, minotaurs, ect) move in very different ways for combat. With Equestrian creatures of course much more diversity can be achieved between the different species in the way they move, but only humans move like humans.

I welcome all thoughts, ideas, and potential debates.

TheDarkNight775
Group Admin

1219277 The combat aspect depends on how you approach the humanization.

For example, my Griffons still have wings and claws. Pegasi are naturally more agile, and Equs are tougher. (Generally- there are exceptions)

well, the way i make it work for my story for humans to have pony related things is simply :parallel univerese

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3