FlutterSpike 520 members · 164 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

FUN FACT: The production crew in the pilot's audio commentary originally wanted Spike have a crush on Fluttershy rather than Rarity and agreed that it would have made more sense.

*heavy breathing*

I KNOW IT!!! and it make more sense plus its cute if you like that of course

I only wish that they followed that notion, for it would make me so much happier to see him with one that initially found him cute and would pay more attention to his crush.

Well, for now, we can only put that idea into our own works and prove to the creators that he would be best interested in her, rather than Rarity.:moustache::heart::yay:

4599435 hmmm. that would have made a difference in the fan fics

So A small change for smaller voices could have been canon?

... Wow. Having him crush on rarity was a bad call, writers. Very Bad call.

Honestly though, the writers seem to have no idea what they're doing when it comes to the topic of romance. First you get the nonsense of Rarispike because HE HE UNRECIPITATED LOVE IZ SU FUNNEEE HUR HUR, then you get the rather sudden and bland romance of cadence and shining armor with no development and no prior appearance. Then finally you get that nonsense of Flash Sentry.

Let's face it, this show does romance like Sonic Underground does songs: Awkwardly and horribly.

4601178 Horse fiction remedies all problems that aren't present at all, lol.

Do you really think the writer's care how good their story elements are? The show is still marketed towards children, lol. The only reason Cadance and Shining Armor exist is to scream "BUY OUR WEDDING TOYS". Really, at this point, who cares. Just accept it yo. lol.

Wow. If they kept up with that idea, I wonder just how far they could take it? Rarity has the personality to use her charm to get what she wants and will (as we have seen) use it on Spike. Fluttershy on the other hand doesn't act like that and its not her style to use someone like Spike. So eventually she would have had feelings for him or at least blushed quite often. With Rarity, the relationship can always keep its status quo.

Ah what could have been.
Maybe in an alternate universe?

Is it too late in the series to slowly steer Spike's infatuation towards Fluttershy? Like through character development?

That would be awesome! :3
And I have blog that's about if Spike had crush on Fluttershy instead of Rarity.
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/601671/what-if-spike-had-a-crush-on-fluttershy-instead-of-rarity

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13