Megan is best pony 124 members · 56 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Does anyone else besides me think that Megan Williams should have appeared in MLP FiM at any point or was it a bad idea and glad that it didn't happen? I know that this will probably not have any straight or easy answers, plus it will probably depend on who is answering this. I personally think that it was a missed opportunity to have her, and I felt that there were probably certain points in the series the Mane 6, just some of them, or even Twilight Sparkle herself could have used her help, but that probably just might me saying this. Unfortunately, when the series was made, Lauren Faust did say that she didn't want any human characters in the show even though she did say that she was trying to keep the nostalgia of the original series just with different names. However, she did leave and that could have reopened the door to that issue, but my guess is that it could have been too late by then to have her. Then again, maybe it wasn't when she could have been placed in, but more on how she would fit in which I guess the writers couldn't find a way do, because she could have came in at any time and make it work. In all honesty, if G4 was to give tribute to G1, then wouldn't having a rebooted Megan Williams make perfect sense especially when she was part of it as well? Her role didn't have to be exactly the same as it was portrayed originally, just adapted to the new format of the series. Overall, do you think that it was a missed opportunity to have her in the series or did the writers just dodge a bullet on this one? On a side note, I'm sorry if this sounds like I was rambling, but I just wanted to get this off my chest since it has been on my mind for some time.

Given the nature of G4, I don't think she would have fit in that good. G1 was a different series and I tend to think the Elements of Harmony was G4's version of the Rainbow of Light. It was a weapon that villains simply couldn't beat.....well those or rainbow lasers like at the end of The Ending of the End. I personally think the writers may have dodged a bullet. Now if the target audience were gen X'ers such as myself who grew up on G1, then it would have been a missed opportunity. Faust left at the end of season 2 but I think she likely would have been best brought in in the very beginning to make her presence make sense after that.

rebooted Megan Williams

Any attempt to reboot Megan would have fatally compromised her presentation. Instead, closing the gaps in that presentation would have been what was needed.

And that wouldn't have been considered by those in charge. They would have likely demanded extensive changes be made to the character. And that would changed who she was losing everything that worked about her to begin.

And having grown up with this first series as I have, I would have been driven away from the most recent series if they had done that.

So, yeah. It's dodged bullet.

I highly doubt that as Lauren Faust said so (although, originally she plans on making Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls, but was rejected by Hasbro). Even if she would be featured in the series, Megan (also Molly and Danny) would be portrayed as secondary characters than protagonists since this is called 'My Little Pony', and it might expand the lore that Equestria took place in Hollow Earth, while Megan's world is the Surface World, which explains why Celestia and Luna raised the sun and moon. However, we've got Equestria Girls where it features dimension warping and pony-human transformation (how did Twilight become a teenager when Lauren said she's a young adult!?), because Hasbro is so crazy that they care nothing but marketing, which is why Lauren quit because they disregarded her decision that added so much potential.

Keep in mind that even in MLP 'n' Friends, Megan Williams didn't appear in every episode and that was despite being labeled as the protagonist and the fact that she was always in the opening and ending credits of the show. Apparently, even the G1 ponies didn't always need her for every adventure, though most of the villains in the episodes she didn't show up were minor and not much of a threat compared to the ones where she was in that were more major. However, I do find it strange to consider her the protagonist when she's not always there especially when it seemed as if she was barely in the second after the first few episodes. The same concept can apply for being in MLP FiM where she to doesn't need to be there all the time nor does she always have to be there for adventures only as she can do other things if needed as a good number of filler episodes in the series are dedicated to everyday life rather than fighting, which also allowed for development for the minor characters. Overall, if she were to be in the series, it would be obvious that it would be a rebooted character and not the one we knew originally. BTW, they did adapt other characters from previous series by either changing their characteristics or even renaming them yet there don't seem to be a lot complaints about that. For example Rainbow Dash from G3 was always known to dress in style when that wasn't the case for the one from G4 as that was given to Rarity, though her G3 version was more of a child. The only reason why I saw this as a missed opportunity is mainly because of all the fanart, fanfics, and even videos that I have seen her with the Mane 6 or even other G4 ponies and wonder why this wasn't tried in the series. Some say that the Equestria Girls specials may have been the final nail in the coffin for having her back, though others claimed that it could have been used as the last chance to have her back, but failed to do so, though this just might be me saying this.

If she was to be introduced into the series, this is probably how it would be done.

1. Megan Williams sees a rock formation not far from her farm that looks like a horse's head and it strikes her interest.
2. Despite signs telling her to keep out, she goes towards the said rock formation and not realizing that it's an entry way after pressing up against it.
3. Queen Chrysalis notices Megan and secretly follows her due to not seeing someone like her.
4. She now finds herself wandering through Everfree Forest and later into Ponyville.
5. The ponies living there run and hide scared since they have never seen a human before and think that she might be a threat to them.
6. She is taken to Canterlot Castle and imprisoned by royal guards after hearing how frightened the ponies were of her.
7. Twilight Sparkle goes to the castle herself and asks both Princesses Celestia and Luna on what happened eariler.
8. Chrysalis use the ponies' fear of Megan to her advantage to attack and capture the ponies including the rest of the Mane 6 and even tries to make it look like she did it.
9. Twilight asks the Royal Sisters to visit the prisoner, but is declined and even told that it's not her business in meeting her.
10. Luna tells Twilight that this creature might be dangerous and do something to her, but Twilight doesn't think that it's true.
11. Twilight puts Luna in her place and says that maybe she should be doing time for all her actions as Nightmare Moon and even claims that she might even go to great lengths of sharing the secret that it's her dark side to the rest of Equestia as being one of the few that knew that secret.
12. After being declined, Twilight sneaks in when the guards aren't looking.
13. Megan sees Twilight approach her cell and thinks that she's there to taunt her just like the guards, but Twilight claims that it wasn't why she came there.
14. Twilight asks Megan for her name, where she's from, and why she came to Equestria in the first place.
15. Meanwhile, the Royal Sisters are given a more recent photo from the guards that is believed that Megan is the one capturing the ponies and placing them in cages.
16. Megan makes the claim that she barely knows exactly where she came in from, but tells her that rock formation that she pressed up from in the beginning is what got her in.
17. Megan is now crying and mentions to Twilight how she might never see her father, younger bother, younger sister, her own pony, or even her own farm ever again, as well as taking out her heart shaped locket and said that it reminded her of her now dead mother as it was was left of her.
18. Twilight is touched by her story and heads back to throne room telling the Royal Sisters to either release her for not being a real threat to anyone or at least hear what happened from her side.
19. Both princess show Twilight the picture that makes them believe that Megan did, but she claims that it can't be her especially in hearing that it was only taken recently especially since she was in her cell most of the day.
20. They do ask if Megan either had a twin or the ability to create a doubleganger or teleport, but Twilight claims that no such ability exists for her.
21. They also asks how Twilight knows why it can't be her, but she explains that she snuck in to talk to her as being her alibi despite being told not to.
22. The Royal Sisters agree to hear Megan's story and release her afterwards seeing that she was telling the truth and longer feels as a threat to them despite being unhappy that Twilight disobeyed an order on that she wasn't supposed to see her.
23. Although Celestia understands Megan's story, Luna is still suspicious about her and feels that it just be some form manipulation in claiming that this has been done before by previous creatures only pretending to be innocent and then attack when their guard was down.
24. Luna tells Twilight that she will supervise Megan and even warns her that if she does anything fishy, she will placed back and Twilight will share the very cell with her with the possibility of losing both her title as princess and even being an alicorn for being wrong.
25. Megan claimed that she did absolutely nothing to those ponies while Twilight makes the possibility that it was most likely done after she was taken away and was framed since she would be an easy scapegoat especially for her kind in addition to knowing who did it.
26. Megan gains the trust from the Royal Sisters for now after understanding what Twilight just said, but is still seen as suspect if any other evidence is found.
27. All three alicorns head to Ponyville with Megan being allowed to ride on Celestia since she was the biggest and can probably support her weight.
28. As they land, Megan hears a voice in her head telling her to go into Everfree Cave.
29. Twilight follows Megan and finds out that it's the Tree of Harmony that has lured her there and they both meet Star Swirl the Bearded while being there, though Luna is suspicious to why they are going there.
30. As Megan goes Luna tries to stop her in believing that she is going to do something bad to the tree.
31. Both Twilight and Star Swirl try to explain and stop Luna from going after Megan as well as mention that she's not doing what she thinks she's doing to the tree, but Luna's strength overpowers them.
32. Celestia comes in and stops Luna from going after Megan and tells her that there has to be a good reason to why the Tree of Harmony called for her.
33. Megan once again pulls out her mother's locket in front of the tree and a rainbow shoots out at her and enters the said locket.
34. Star Swirl tells her that what she got was the Rainbow of Light and that it chose her.
35. Twilight was very curious to why she couldn't and asks why it never came for her despite understanding of friendship, which was the key to getting anything from it.
36. Star Swirl tells Twilight that according to a prophecy the Rainbow of Light can only be wielded by a creature of that like no other hence implying a certain human such as Megan.
37. They all head back to Poneyville to stop the villain who captured the ponies.
38. Although a plan is thought of on how to step the imposter, Megan just rushes in and gets into a catfight with it making after feeling that she has been though a lot since coming into Equestria.
39. None of the alicorns can blast at the imposter with their horns because they know with them constantly moving, it will be hard to tell them apart and might hit the real Megan by mistake.
40. Twilight originally thinks that by asking questions that only the real Megan would know would tell them apart, but their constant movements still makes them hard to distinguish.
41. Twilight uses Plan B in knowing that only the real one has the Rainbow of Light and tells Megan to hit her imposter with it.
42. The impost is knocked out and reveals her real form and Megan wants answers to why this was done in addition to identifying who did it.
43. Twilight tells her that it's Chrysalis and that being a changeling allows to her to be anyone she wants to be.
44. Chrysalis tells Megan that she was secretly following her since she entered especially to see what she looked and take her form as well what she did to frame her.
45. Each of the alicorns start getting in Chrysalis's path wherever she runs to and tells her that what she did was low even for, but only feels flattered and flies away.
46. Megan is unhappy that Chrysalis got away, but Twilight assures her that they will try to get her next time while helping the alicorns free the rest of the ponies
47. After being freed, Rainbow Dash is tempted to get revenge on her for placing her and the rest in a cage, but Twilight explains that it wasn't her and just Chrysalis taking her form to frame her.
48. Twilight introduces Megan to the rest of the Mane 6 as well as to the rest of the ponies.
49. All the ponies rejoice and apologize to Megan for being scared of her earlier and for considering her a threat to them as well as thanking Twilight for being with her from the start.
50. Luna gives a special apology to Megan especially since she was always rushing her judgement on her without any proof.
51. Megan gives Star Swirl a description of where she was wandering in from and helps her find it due to his knowledge of Everfree Forest.
52. Before being ready to go back home, Celestia has Megan swear to secrecy that she won't tell anyone back on Earth about Equestria or how she got in there for safety reasons as well as saying .that she can return on her own accord or have a particular pony come for her through the secret portal when needed albeit keeping a low profile while on Earth.

About this,

3. She now finds herself wandering through Everfree Forest

don't do it.

A human wandering through the Everfree Forest at the start has be done to death.

This trope is badly overused and will put a dent in the reception your story gets. It has also been quite poorly, quite often.

As a result I strongly advise you to think of a another point of arrival.

I just edited how her possible introduction in the series if that ever did happen would have been and if any other edits are to be made, I will just edit the post stating that rather than make any others.

Here's some images I found on the web if she was to appear in MLP FiM, and those that did them did it with the animation of G4.

For the fun of it, here some other images I found on the web that shows Megan with G4 characters, but these don't have the G4 animation for her.

I just looked this up and another possible reason to why she didn't end up in that series could have been to legal issues of using her. In other words, they couldn't place her in even if they wanted it. Then again, if that was really the case, that wouldn't explain how they were able to revamp other G1 characters such as Twilight Sparkle (originally Twilight Twinkle), Applejack, Spike, Tirek (originally Tirac), Grogar, and several others I didn't mention here as well as even keeping their names with some of them. Also, if it really was a legal issue on having her, then I'm sure Hasbro would have resolved that as they probably did with some of the other characters I mentioned. By that logic, they could have done the same to have her in the series, but I could be wrong on that. Maybe someone here can help figure this out in a better way, because I'm starting to feel stuck on this. Then again, maybe it really was just having the writers having no actual way of having her fit in especially with format for most of the seasons being fillers dedicated to everyday life rather than adventures and that having her in any of those said episodes just wouldn't make any sense, because if they did, she would have been in it at a certain point. Overall, I can sum this up in five possible scenarios to why she didn't end up in the series as listed below, which I will leave to others to figure out why. Again, I apologize for this rambling, because it's just been on my mind lately.

1. The writers already lost the window of opportunity to place her in by the time Lauren Faust, who didn't want any human characters in the series, left productions, because it was too late to do so by then even if they wanted to.
2. Due to the way each season was formatted, there really was no possible way of placing her in, because it would make little to no sense of doing so.
3. Her appearance might have been prevented or even stopped due to legal issues, but that didn't seem to be the case for using other characters from that same series she was from if the same logic was implied to this.
4. Having the Equestria Girls series might have finally killed that chance as it was created to show viewers what it would be like to have a special universe or dimension where the ponies and some of the other non-pony characters from the show are humanized rather than having them come to their world and remain human, though some bronies claimed it was a failed attempt to make the case for having her in the show.
5. There was never any intentions of having her in the series to start with and that would have been regardless to whether or not Lauren Faust approved of it.

Maybe if a special was done after the final season ended that was dedicated to defeating the real Grogar, then there would be a reason to have her especially in needing a special ally. It could even be similar to Rescue at Midnight Castle, but only with characters from the FiM series. One of the few differences could be that Twilight Sparkle would get her due to not being captured, Star Swirl the Bearded has the locket containing the Rainbow of Light, and a possible different right hand for Grogar in getting his goal. More importantly, Twilight is told that the Rainbow of Light is too powerful to be used by a pony even if they happen to be an alicorn, and is told that according to a prophecy that only a creature like no other can both wield and control this type of power. In order to find that said creature, Twilight would have to figure it out by a set of riddles and a map that Star Swirl gave, but is also told that who she has to look for may only be a legend and is possibly not even be real let the world she must enter. At least she would be similar to the one that we know and not revamped in a big way. Then again, we would never how that would have worked since it was never done. I can understand some of your reactions to revamping already existing characters in that the can be either be hit or miss depending on who it is. On a side note, there was a rumor that if Hasbro was to do a Season 10 on TV and dedicated that to stopping the real Grogar, who finally appears, it might have introduced her, but that might have just been something some brony said online somewhere that probably had no backing, but we'll never know since it was never done.

Surprisingly, there are some memes, split screens, and some other interesting images with her in them.

If she did show up in the series, this probably would have been one of their adventures she would have with the Mane 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYrj4gL1-uM[/youtube]

After watching this video a couple of times it does make me want to raise some issues and questions here?

1. How exactly did they defeat Princess Dark Matter the first time?
2. It's not clear how exactly Megan got captured by Princess Dark Matter.
3. Delta Brony, who is another OC in the video, does nothing more than shout despite being an alicorn himself and could have helped the Mane 6.
4. I'm surprised that Princess Dark Matter agrees to free Megan after Twilight gives up her cutie mark rather than just keep her despite that outcome.
5. Exactly how does getting the cutie marks make Princess Dark Matter more powerful unless she knows the real nature behind it?
6. For some reason Starlight appears out of thin air and wasn't even there in the beginning.
7. I doubt that even the Rainbow of Light can make Megan into a Sailor Moon-like character.
8. Did the Mane 6 actually take that powered up form before or was it just made for this video?
9. Why is there no scene with them actually fighting Princess Dark Matter, but rather flashing lights instead?
10. Despite a line coming from Starlight about her helping, I didn't see her doing anything at all.

After searching for these images, I sort of find it strange to find a lot of fanart of her with G4 characters despite not even being part of the show itself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16