Five Score, Multiplied By More 1,235 members · 80 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
hyreia
Group Admin

Hello! So I took a timeline someone has shared on here before and fleshed it out more to my liking based on the information I could figure out from the original story: Five Score Calendar

To my surprise the "100 moons" when the portal opens doesn't coincide with a full moon, at least not on our Earth. The story never mentions a full moon either so it's my fault for assuming but I suspect others may have as well.

I've determined based on last date given, The Des Moines Incident on May 20th, we can fairly assume the portal opens May 27th, 2020 after sunset. Plus or minus a day thanks to the transition "A day or so goes by" while Twilight finally figures out where the portal is.

I talked to some people who were claiming it didn't take place in 2020. Which is odd because it's 5 years after MLP:FiM goes off the air and it's mentioned it had five seasons in the story, I think? Am I completely mistaken here? Either way, I'm basing it off what others have written before me.

I looked out for lines of text that implied time that has gone by but the timeline after the Rainboom is actually pretty tight and ponies just start pouring into the farm quickly after the Rainboom. This is based on mentions of lines like "yesterday we just had 15 mouths to feed" and the like.

Happy Early Five Score, Everypony!
Keep an eye on that thigh!

Anyone who says it isn't in 2020... is wrong, because as soon as you pop in the first chapter, it says the 'it's the year 2020.' And in chapter thirty-one also,

Honestly? I just chalk it up to Twisted just not researching it enough, or thinking that far ahead, etc.

hyreia
Group Admin

Thank you! It is 2020. I'm thinking the person I was speaking to was just mistaken or maybe thinking of a more incompatible side fic.

And yeah, it's probably Twisted not thinking to see and line it up. But it's fine: the moon is almost never described. So it's ultimately totally irrelevant.

When I started figuring out my calendar I started with the assumption the portal probably opened on the full moon following The Rainboom (or if that was too close, the next). But after researching I got what I did.

Incidentally, my favorite Princess Luna side fic gets a full moon date wrong too (putting it on April 30th). So, they're only a day or so off from being compatible with this the calendar I reconstructed for the original fic.

This is the timeline of the hardcover edition of the book, adjusted from "Today is May 1st…" in Chapter 1.

There is no place for a time skip anywhere before Chapter 29, and the author's admitted to not planning it out during writing. The discrepancy has been fixed.

May 15th, 2024 is a half-moon.

Thanks for writing this out, it's really interesting!

Hapyp Five Score Day! :ajsmug:

hyreia
Group Admin

May 15th, 2024 is a half-moon.

Oooh. I see what's going on there. Wanted to keep it taking place 'five years after the show ended"?

This is interesting. I guess I didn't read close enough when ordering the book about how significant any edits would be. (I still want it, of course. This just makes me more curious).

Will the version(s) on fimfiction remain as they are? I could see changes to those breaking other side fics like The Last Crusade.

I've sent the diff list to the author, but I don't think he ever got around to intergrating it in the web version. Too big of an endeavour, I guess.

Man.... I would so love to get that book so badly! X3

But how to convince my dad that I am a huge transformation lover and that of course.... I'm known for going through so many transformations in my stories? ^^; :twilightsheepish:

Waaaaait....I just realized something.
So Dave(Or Rainbow dash if you like) Started His(Her) Change around 23:30. If I'm understanding how the curse works. She'd been vanished to human world at around 23:30.
If the sidefics started their timeline after Rainbow was defeated. It's likely to be after May 1st. Which means 2nd of May. Right? Then... Maybe many of the sidefics should start their date with May 2nd...?

where did you get those from :raritystarry: i heard they made the book hard cover is that true if so i would love to know where to buy it

I made them. The book was available for most of the last year.

It is no longer last year.

Is there any chance it will be on sale again?

The reissue form is over there.

hyreia
Group Admin

Any chance we can get these images again? The timeline never physically appeared in the final book even if it did influence it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18