IDW MLP Comics 280 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

If anyone was to, say, adapt the prequel comics to the 2017 movie into a miniseries, what would you guys change? Mainly as a way to make the adaption better than the comics?

Is a television miniseries adaption of the comics also something you all would want to see?

I wouldn't change anything. I would just add a comic about Novo and Skystar since I think there wasn't one about them.

7556751 I don't know much about the miniseries, but a lot of what they showed was stuff that needed to be in the actual movie. The same is true for the "prequel" book "The Stormy Road to Canterlot". Those were details we needed to see in the actual movie. The fact that they weren't included means that no one thought they should be a priority even though they would fill in many gaps.

What about an origin story about Novo? One that's adapted into a movie or something?

I agree.

I think Hasbro may have been relying a little too much on product placement before releasing the film. They must’ve thought that comics and books would qualify as something to satisfy audiences in regards to certain questions and help them get to know the new characters right off the bat. Obviously it must’ve backfired considering most wouldn’t pay the comics any attention or classify them as canon considering the line’s wacky history.

7556772 Plus, that was information that needed to be conveyed in the movie proper since general audiences (who they seemed to aiming for) wouldn't necessarily know about the comics.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7