IDW MLP Comics 280 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Has anyone else noticed the strange pony who appeared in esentaly all of the comics up to the two worlds arc and has anyone noticed if he is still showing up ( he was also in the fall of sunset special)

Oh yeah, that's September, the Observer. He's a reference to Fringe, which Andy Price is a big fan of, so he appears in a lot of Andy Price's comics. They are to him what the cloud gremlins are to Tony Fleecs.

In Fringe, the Observers (of which there were actually several) were bald humans in suits who appeared at major historical events throughout time, usually only once in a blue moon. But more recently, they started showing up more and more frequently, implying that the events of the series were a major historical turning point. Sure enough, an Observer appeared in at least a small background cameo almost every episode, and there were of course episodes dedicated entirely to the Observers as well. The one in the picture is the original September, and he's the most important one to the series arc. You can look up more about the Observers if you're just casually curious, but I recommend watching Fringe yourself. It's not without its flaws, but it's some pretty good sci-fi, and it's almost all worth it just for Walter Bishop.

As for whether the pony Observer has appeared again since Reflections, yes he has! He was in The Good, the Bad and the Ponies, he was in Revenge of Everfree, he appeared at least once in every issue of Siege of the Crystal Empire, and the wiki says he's also in the most recent issue, #41, but I can't confirm that because I haven't read it yet. I believe he was also in Fiendship #5. All stories illustrated by Andy Price, you may notice. I think he appeared in one non-Price story, but I don't remember which. Either way, a Price story is usually where you want to look for him.

But who would win in a fight between the watcher and the cloud gremlins?

Personally, having seen Fringe myself, I would not want to fuck with an Observer. Sure, they'll die if you shoot them, but more often than not, they'll just catch the bullet.

Thank you for the info this character has been driving me crazy and now it makes even more sense for him to have been in the two worlds arc.

Also I used to watch fringe but lost track after the second season

No problem.

Here is a link to the pony in question in case anybody was still intersted:

September | My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Wiki | Fandom

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8