Into the Black 323 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41
shirotora
Group Admin

Shirotora here, leader of the Elite Four, here to give you a little taste of what's in store for Twilight, Curt, and their new crew. This one is going to be a little more light hearted that A Mare's Tale and will have a lot of romance, but action will still be important. Like the others, make all the guesses you want, but if you think you,re right, you've never read any of my fics. Without further ado, here's four short scenes

#################

“Welcome home, you two,” said the cheery voice of Patricia.

“Hey, mom,” Curt greeted as he stepped out.

“So,” the older woman crossed her arms expectantly, “Well, come on out, dear. I don't care what you look like.”

Twilight slowly stepped out of the vehicle and came into full view.

“Really, Curtis?” she deadpanned at her son, “The way you made it sound I expected scales or fangs, or-” Twilight flared her wings. “Oh... that's neat. Do they work?”

Twilight chuckled, relieved her new appearance was accepted, “They do, but I'm not very good with them.”

“Can you control weather like the pegasi from your world?” she asked.

“No, nor can I naturally walk on clouds, but I know a spell for that one.”

“That's too bad,” Patricia grinned, “My daisies need watering.”

################################################### ############

“Are you sure this guy's in there?” Twilight asked, staring at the old, rundown building.

“Yes,” Oscar replied, “The information from DaemonJack stated this to be where Daniel Toffton is being held.”

“I'm not surprised,” said Alex, “Guys like this love these old shitty buildings.”

“You would know,” Twilight scoffed.

“Hey, every party needs the dashing rouge,” said the performer.

“Rouge, yes, dashing, no,” Curt laughed, “Anyway, Oscar, could you knock and see if anyone's home?”

The cybernetic behemoth smiled, “I would love to.”

The eight foot metal man lifted his enormous fist, the piston on his elbow extending back. With a war cry, he threw his fist forward, the piston driving it into the door. The barrier and much of the wall it was attached to exploded in a shower of metal and wood.

From inside, several thugs jumped to their feet, grabbing their weapons. Ten men opened fire into the dust cloud at once, filling the breach with lethal projectiles. They fired enough rounds to kill several dozen men before they let up. They stared, waiting for the dust to clear so they could see the carnage they left. Instead, they say a wall of lavender light blink out of existence, and a purple pony, two humans, and a giant smirking behind.

One of the flunkies looked at them in confusion, “Who the fuck are you?” Twilight took a drag of her cigarette and blew the smoke out of her nose before stating in her best 'bad ass voice', “I'm your worst Nightmare.”

Three palms met three faces.

“Alright,” the Avivan scholar cleared his throat, “You spoke of unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies, but I am curious about your own race. You haven't even mentioned its name.”

“I used to be a unicorn, but now...” Twilight gave a sad smile, “I'm a Nightmare.”

The man wanted to inquire as to her meaning, but could tell it was a sore spot for her. Twilight still missed being a true unicorn. Yeah, her magic, the most important thing about being a unicorn to her, was the same, but she didn't feel like herself. Not to mention she had developed a bit of a temper.

Twilight excused herself and headed out the door she tried not thinking about what she was, but now she couldn't do anything but. She still hoped for a way to reverse her transformation, but knew it was likely imposable. She would have continued to brood, but her mood was lifted when she herself was. Curt scooped up the dragon-winged pony in a tight hug.

“You look like you could use this,” he said, “Did it not go well?”

Twilight sighed, “It went great. It's just that I was asked about 'my race'. He didn't know, but it still kind of hurts to think about.”

“Twilight,” Curt said sternly, “We've been over this. You're still a unicorn, just with cool features.”

Twilight nuzzled him, “You're so good to me. What did I do to deserve you?”

Curt laughed, “You're a smart, fun, sexy little pony, that's what. Not to mention you saved my ass a few times.”

The car sped through downtown Valinburge at well over the speed limit. Tony looked back to see if they were still being pursued.

“I think we lost her, boss,” one of his nameless flunkies said.

The crime boss scowled, wanting to throw the idiot out. Didn't he know that whenever someone says that –A rooftop billboard was torn apart as a jet-bike flew off the building, the infuriated pony driver screaming for their death –that happens.

“Shoot her!” Tony yelled at his two passengers.

They leaned out the windows and opened fire, charged bullets deflecting off the lavender shield. Twilight snarled at the fleeing bad guys. She wanted nothing more than to stomp his perverted face in after all the trouble he put her through. Unfortunately, she needed him alive. Luckily, a plan was already formulating in her head.

She lit up her horn, extending her aura to surround her and her bike. In a flash of light, she appeared in front of the criminals. She extended her right leg, the metal hoof splitting down the middle. A lavender sword made of lavender mana erupted from the opened limb. With a precise swing, she cut straight through a towering billboard.

Tony watched with growing horror as the tall, thick metal fell right in his path. He tried to stop, but he was going too fast. The vehicle slammed into the obstruction at seventy miles per hour, sending it flipping through the air. Twilight skidded to a stop as the car landed on it's roof. The flunkies still hung halfway out the windows, bodies twisted and maimed. The driver door was kicked open, Tony surviving thanks to the 'Safefoam'.

As he crawled from the wreckage, Twilight dismounted her bike and called, “Don't give up, Tony. Make me hurt you.”

“Isn't it suppose to be 'give up', and 'don't make me hurt you'?” he said as he struggled to his feet.

“Yeah, but you tried laying your filthy hands on me, so I want you to resist.”

“Well In that case...” Tony offered a wicked grin, “I'll have to oblige!”

He shot his hand out, fingers outstretched, and a bolt of magical lightning flew out toward the Nightmare.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

“I'm your worst Nightmare.”

Twily, you have a lot to learn in the ways of badass.

blazikenking
Group Contributor

Gentlemen, please stand in a triangle, and apply the palm of your hand to the person on your right. Or left. So long as you all go in the same direction, it doesn't matter.

“That's too bad,” Patricia grinned, “My daisies need watering.”

nice one:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

don't know why you're doing it, but...

Hmm, why do I get the feeling Twilight is eventually going to have Curt bring a music player of sorts to play Dark and/or epic music for her entrances. :twilightblush:

Twilight may not be able to reverse the effects of the Nightmare-ization but she could likely get facial reconstruction to fix her face at least. Also, her species should still be Unicorn, the Nightmare should be a virus/condition/ the like not a species. Seeing as one cannot change species and her DNA would clash within her body.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

More like some cheesy remix role players record for their Shadowrun campaigns.

Twilight, you are going to find out eventually that when the world dies, nothing is learned.

shirotora
Group Admin

1336567 She's still mostly a unicorn. She just doesn't see it that way. When she fused with her Nightmare fragment, it did change her entirely. She's a nightmare unicorn.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Just hope she has a reason to not change her name to Midnight Murderface. Nightmares do that emo bullshit.

Still wouldn't be a new species :rainbowwild:

At best a subspecies :pinkiehappy:

shirotora
Group Admin

1336723 No, ponies that are possesed by nightmares do that. Twilight IS a nightmare.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

So she is a Murderface... but not? Huh?

shirotora
Group Admin

1336837 She's only PART murderface:twilightangry2:

Journeyman
Group Contributor

You just said "is", not "part". You speak with a forked tongue!

shirotora
Group Admin

1336921 She is her Nightmare, because it fused with her, but she's still mostly unicorn. Thus, she is a Murderface, but only part.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I mean you said something about it being marginally sentient. If it is, where is it?

shirotora
Group Admin

1336988 With the rest, fused with her. If you mean the part she didn't fuse with, it was destroyed with the Alicorn Amulet.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I'll cease trying to understand.

shirotora
Group Admin

1337031 It's like this. Because Star Swirl didn't understand how Nightmares were formed, he didn't take into account undeveloped nightmares. So when Trixie used the amulet, it took her undeveloped nightmare.

Then when Twilight put it on, it couldn't function properly and only took MOST of her Nightmare. When the amulet was destroyed, the portion of the nightmare that was inside was destroyed, but the rest fused with Twilight's mind body and soul. She and the Nightmare fragment are one and the same.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I get what you were trying to do, but I'm willing myself to not understand. I could see you really wanted to have Twilight in a nightmare body, but let's just say there were a couple holes in logic. The only one I didn't discover was where the sentience behind the nightmare went, thus my question.

You've seen what happens when I review; I systematically destroy it piece by piece. If I am pushed, I really go off. That's happened only twice, and only once was it in praise. I have major issues with the nightmare incident and its results. Trust me, it's best if I don't get into it. Things will get ugly. I don't want to do it now, and I didn't want to do it then. I didn't because, like I said, I saw how much you wanted Twilight in a nightmare form. I would have unleashed a bitching the like of which you have never seen. Yes, even worse than my deconstruction of your magic; that level of complaining ranks about a seven out of ten. This would be a solid nine. I didn't because it wouldn't have done any good, and would have taken my forever to write in full.

Trust me. You don't want me to write it. No. Just... No.

Edit: I'm looking forward to the full story, need to read the other colabs aswell.

shirotora
Group Admin

1337105 As far as its sentience, most of it was destroyed with the rest. What was left merged with Twilight. It's not going to control her, but she will have some urges. As for the reason for the Nightmare form, it's not just to look cool. There is a reason, but you'll have to wait to find out.

PS I know there are holes in the logic. That's why its science FICTION.

STOP, UNLESS THE NIGHTMARE IS RETARDED, STOP.

Now, you are using sentience, my dog is sentient, I am sentient. But my dog isn't sapient. And the way it acts is a clear example of sapience. If you can show me that you are using the term correctly through Wumbology I shall apologise.

shirotora
Group Admin

1346947 Except it's never been stated that its sapient on its own. The nightmare is sentient, its host is sapient, it simply comendeers its host's mind.

Sg-1 Goa'ulds were sapient, but they were also parasitical and commandeered the hosts mind at points.

shirotora
Group Admin

1392929 A nightmare is manifested negitive emotion. It's nothing but instinct and uncontrolable urges. They ALTER the hosts mind but do not have sapience. Twilight's Nightmare was a Wrath Nightmare, so she lashed out at whatever was nearby. Luna's was an Envy Nightmare, so she wanted to take whatever her sister had. What the Nightmare comes from determins how they act. If you were to pull a Nightmare out, it would be like a wild beast, pursuing whatever drives them.

1393080 So if it is an uncontrollable urges, then why does she not show them just after it has been partially removed?

shirotora
Group Admin

1424045 She threatened to rip Rainbow Dash's wings off if she didn't leave. I think that shows it pretty well.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

1424657>>1424045
(S)he means why doesn't she still express it, or even Luna for that matter. If the mind was changed, both would still carry those impulses, and neither do. Twilight had hers suppressed twice, and is still rational at fanfic's end, and that doesn't make ANY sense if her mind was tampered with. Biochemical changes are not something that just disappears like that. You can fake it with the Elements, but Twilight never had that luck.

1424822 1424657 I'm a male.

Going grumble brumble war talk otherwise you die isn't a hatred when you spent a year smoking fucking swearing and shooting without remorse. That's just swears for please leave otherwise you'll die. I'm going to hide behind journey like a politician hides behind a scapegoat who he agrees with.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I'm going to pretend that run-on sentence had grammar. The horror...:rainbowderp:

I've always whined about the swearing. Yes, soldiers swear. I swear, but Twilight swearing always seemed like a teenager learning swear words for the first time. She's in her late twenties or early thirties in the story, so she it makes absolutely no sense for her sudden explosion of swears. She's been exposed to them before. Increased, I can accept, but not this ridiculous degree.

Where the hell did this tangent come from? We be talking about Nightmare BS, not swears. Go die in a fire, tangent. GTFO.

And don't hide behind me when this is in my grasp.

shirotora
Group Admin

1424822>>1424845 It doesn't alter the brain, it just takes over. It's emotion, emotion the brain is already equiped to have. Luna doesn't show signs of her Nightmare because it's seald and can't do any harm. As for Twilight, who said it doesn't affect her? Just because she isn't a snarling crazy killer doesn't mean she's not being affected. It isn't strong because it's a small fragment.

shirotora
Group Admin

1424822>>1424845 It doesn't alter the brain, it just takes over. It's emotion, emotion the brain is already equiped to have. Luna doesn't show signs of her Nightmare because it's seald and can't do any harm. As for Twilight, who said it doesn't affect her? Just because she isn't a snarling crazy killer doesn't mean she's not being affected. It isn't strong because it's a small fragment.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

You just said it alters the mind. It altered Twilight's when she turned into Murderface. Her mind was altered, but now it's just... not.

???

shirotora
Group Admin

1425864 Altered wasn't the best coice of word. It more just made what is already there stronger, in her case rage.

1424901 The run on sentence of rushing III. Very powerful mind spell.

How's all the stories coming?

Way I see it, the nightmare is less of an invading psyche and more of a corrupting influence.

Like the symbiote in spiderman. Eccept more intence.

Are there other intelligent species in this universe?

shirotora
Group Admin

1611469 Quite a few. Human, aviva, and korg are just the most common, and relevent.

P.S. Sorry it took so long. I haven't checked this for updates for a while.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41