Into the Black 323 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Journeyman
Group Contributor

Yeah, I promised corporations were next, but that is taking a while. Rest assured, all the corporations are roughly scripted. All I need to do is just write them.

So here's some more stuff to stuff with. Stuffy stuff. And here's the copypasta:

As stated before, we are by no means impressing a set of rules for this collab that you must unequivocally follow. This document I am working on is only to standardize some rules and universal background. You are free to create your own whenever you wish, or bend these rules to create your own. This document is just a tool for your own enjoyment and use.

4.6.3 Cyberlimbs
Any cyberware that replaces or modifies a member of the body separate from any recognized cranium or central body mass is a cyberlimb. Cyberlimbs can be useful, but have limited uses, as they are generally the prefered method for interaction with physical objects. Cyberlimbs can be upgraded for increased dexterity or physical strength, or modified for separate purposes entirely.

4.6.3.1 Basic Cyberlimbs
Name: Cyber Hand/Foot
Price: 15,000§
+800§ Quick Release
Description: In the same way that a cyberarm requires extensive shoulder and torso modification and a cyberleg requires substantial hip bracing, partial cyberlimbs (forearm, hand, foot, lower leg) require the rest of the limb to be reinforced to compensate for the additional weight and strength. Cyberhands and cyberfeet can be designed for easy removal and substitution, giving the owner flexibility in available features. Such replacement parts simply require a quick-release attachment available at an increased cost.

Cyberlimbs are coated in a flesh-colored plastic that is easily identified as not a real limb. Realskin (See Below) is needed to complete a visual disguise for cyberlimbs

Name: Partial Lower Cyberlimb
Price: 30,000§
+1,500§ Quick Release
Description: In the same way that a cyberarm requires extensive shoulder and torso modification and a cyberleg requires substantial hip bracing, partial cyberlimbs (forearm, hand, foot, lower leg) require the rest of the limb to be reinforced to compensate for the additional weight and strength. Cyberhands and cyberfeet can be designed for easy removal and substitution, giving the owner flexibility in available features. Such replacement parts simply require a quick-release attachment available at an increased cost.

Cyberlimbs are coated in a flesh-colored plastic that is easily identified as not a real limb. Realskin (See Below) is needed to complete a visual disguise for cyberlimbs

Name: Full Cyberlimb
Price: 60,000§
+5,000§ Quick Release
Description: Cyberlimbs are entirely new limbs or legs replaced by cybernetic components to mimic the design and functionality. Full Cyberlimbs require extensive surgery in the torso in order to partition the added eight and stress a cyberlimb incurs. However, if the recipient wishes to buy a cybertorso, such costs and dangers are averted.

Name: Cyberskull
Description: A cyberskull is made with a reinforced plastic and steel compound to protect against gunshots and fatal blows to the head. Cyberskull surgery may entail either cutting open the cranium and replacing portions of the skull while reinforcing others, while the other option is a full replacement surgery. An exposed cyberskull may be an intimidating sight to foes, while at the same time exposing an advantage you may otherwise wish to remain hidden. Cyberskulls also protect internal cyberware, including memory headware, installed Skill Chips, and custom cranial compartments. Severe or prolonged trauma is needed to penetrate or break a cyberskull, but it may be done.

Name: Cybertorso
Price: 100,000§
Description: Like the cyberskull protects the brain, the cybertorso is a protective covering that surrounds the chest and abdomen. Ribs and muscles are reinforced or replaced, and the entire section of the body is layered with a shell.

4.6.3.2 Cyberlimb Enhancements
Name: Realskin
Price: 5,000§ per limb (Cyberskulls and cybertorsos count as limbs)
Description: A custom finish on any possible cyberlimb. The cyberlimb is coated in a special plastic that looks and feels like textured skin complete with hair, freckles, moles, scars, and basic tissue abnormalities.

Name: Boosted strength
Description: Increases the strength of a cyberlimb. The boost does not apply to the whole body, just that cyberlimb.

Name: Boosted Reflexes
Description: Increases the reflexes of a cyberlimb. The boost does not apply to the whole body, just that cyberlimb.

Name: Boosted Integrity
Description: Increases the integrity of a cyberlimb. The boost does not apply to the whole body, just that cyberlimb.

Name: Built-In Device
Price:
Type~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Cost
Obvious Installation~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ +100% of device cost
Internal Installation~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ +200% of device cost
Retractable Installation~~~~~~~~~~~~ +300% of device cost
Retraction & Dataport Controlled~~~~ +350% of device cost

Description: Anything can be built into a cyberlimb, providing it can reasonably fit. An Obvious Installation means that the device can be easily identified on sight, or one can easily tell that the cyberlimb carries some physical deformity not typical of a regular limb.

Internal Installation hodes an object within the cyberlimb, but there is an obvious mechanism to free it from its confines, such as a number pad built into the cyberlimb.

Retractable Installation means the object goes from completely hidden, to conspicuously revealed (depending on the size of the object) in a single swift motion. Retraction can be controlled via a physically installed trigger of some kind.

Dataport Controlled operates the same as Retractable Installation, only the retraction can be mentally controlled with signals from an installed Dataport.

Name: Custom Finish
Price: 2,000 § per limb (Cyberskulls and cybertorsos count as limbs)
Description: A chrome, gold, leopard, zebra striped, or other special finish other than the flesh plastic that accompanies all external cyberware. Custom embossing or engraving is also possible.

Name: Magshield
Price: 2,000§ per piece of cybertech
Description: Tired of your cyberware setting off cyberscanners and metal detectors? Purchase Magshielding in order to hide your tech form such sensors. Deltaware magshielding is guaranteed obfuscation from cyberscanners.

Name: Telescoping Limb
Price: 10,000§ per limb
Description: Only full cyberlimbs, or lower leg or lower arm cyberlimbs, can be modified with the telescoping feature. Cyberlimbs built with this feature can extend outward like an antenna. Telescoping cyberlegs elevate the user, allowing him to reach higher. Telescoping cyberarms allow the user to reach farther than their normal ability. Extended limbs are not flexible and can be clumsy to move with or use.

Name: Mace Hands
Price: 5,000§
Description: Requires a lower arm or full arm cyberlimb and a Dataport to issue mental command or a physical switch. The hand is attached to a flexible steel cable that can be retracted and released at will. When given a command, the fist clenches and can be swung as a melee weapon.

Name: Chainsaw Arm
Price: 15,000§ (fuel not included)
Description: Want to splatter an entire room with gore? Get the chainsaw arm!

Name: Reconstructed Ball Joint
Price: 100,000§
Description: Reconstructs and reinforces the ball joint in the shoulder or hip for a full 360 degrees of articulation.

Chainsaw arm eh....... Groovy :rainbowdetermined2:

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Yes. Yes it is.

chainsaw arm... so uncivilized!

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Who are you? Rarity? I'd like to say Rarity is perhaps the biggest badass of the six.

1288912 I was actually referencing what Obi-Wan said when he killed Grievous with a blaster

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Chainsaw Arms primary users include those wishing for a gory up close battle, very loyal lumberjacks who had lost a limb, those fighting the Book of the Dead, and those unable to afford the Arm Gatling laser.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

"And to splatter a group of witnesses who can easily identify you in red mist."

"But it looks so cool...":fluttershysad:

1289658 True, but is also banned in the Earth states of France and Tibet along with four different planets. :rainbowhuh:

Journeyman
Group Contributor

If I was a criminal with cybernetics, I'd be awfully tempted to get a chainsaw implanted in my arm. It would be hugely impractical and ineffective, but I don't think I could help myself. Plus, seeing 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' on the morning news would make me think 'Yes! That was me!' or something like that.

It's why I should never be converted to the dark side. I'd act like either a massive, kill-crazy duche, or use my extensive knowledge of crime shows to pull off Machiavellian crimes.

shirotora
Group Admin

It should also be noted that Twilights leg was of a high end modle that uses nanites to install the wetware and reinforce the limb. It also installs instinctive controlers in the brain for the extras. Her new one is a hybrid of the old one with magical enchantments and gear.

blazikenking
Group Contributor

Chainsaw arm? That's nice for karate chops, but it's not quite enough. How about chainsaw legs?

Heck, Fourze in general has awesome stuff. A missile launcher, gatling gun, fire gun that can also be an extinguisher, a drill, a frickin' rocket, a flail, the coolest brush in the world, magnet cannons, and more. The tunes for form changes are epic as well. I think cyberlimbs that function like Fourze's and an appropriate belt (except with the switches not being limited to one limb, if there are any switches) would cost something like

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Everyone loves a little murder to the face.

Cyber dick.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Cyber chainsaw dick.

Tearin' up the ladies.

blazikenking
Group Contributor

1290478 Especially when it's not their own face or the face of someone they care bout or is simply important somehow. After all, you want the person who signs your pay checks to stay alive, right?

Cyber Chainsaw Gatling Missile Dick
15000§
You ask why, we ask why not?

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I'd always like something a little more practical. I think it would be cool to walk into a gang of street thugs and be fully capable to fuck their shit up. Perhaps have a spring-loaded blade concealed in your forearm that projects from your palm or like the Wolverine claws. Even cooler, have a gun that immediately snaps into your palm. It would be a cool dirty trick, but I'd be tempted to take the asshole route and have a chemical tank in my arm and spray shit into their eyes like Scarecrow.

1336310 Why don't you go Dwemer style and have a steam blaster for ultimate dick mode.

What about a back parachute? I mean, unexpected crash/malfunction on re-entry, jump out and activate the back parachute. It'd be easier than a bulky ass box on your back that takes ages to put on.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I'm not sure it's all that practical. Although it would take less time to put it on and change chutes, once you land, it's dead weight. A backup chute is going to do you no good when you have landed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23