Plan 9 from Equestria. 366 members · 2,024 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35
Umachan
Group Admin

There might come a day when a writer decides to block you based on the fact that they don't like you or they just don't want to listen to you anymore. This can be a good thing, or it can just mean that they're incapable of being reasoned with. The perpetrator might simply be a 13 year old, or they might be the type that can't handle even constructive criticism but no matter the reason you just need to know one thing.

When you get blocked, it pretty much means you were right. That is unless you were just posting "this story sucks" over and over again. It means that they have no other option to come back at you and in effect are putting their fingers in their ears and going "LALALALALALA! I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU".

It's a shame, and maybe someday they'll grow out of it but until then you can revel in the fact that you won and they can't take that away from you.

I feel like the first paragraph is about ME.

Although, I am not a 13 Year Old, just 3 years younger than a 13 Year Old.

How do you know when you've been blocked?

Umachan
Group Admin

Did you block me? I wasn't talking about you but thanks for the heads up.

It's when you try to respond to a thread and you get an error instead.

it is little known that I in fact always win.

Thank you!

I have been blocked several times from people who didn't like my constructive criticism.

No, of course I didn't block you.

But... I just feel like that first paragraph describes me sorta kinda I dunno.

Ignore me.

"Constructive"
I'm just laughing here

Hey, I have reviews from fanfics.

1203280 You're about as constructive as a bridge made out of popsicle sticks and semen.

I'm just having a laugh here. That's all.

I have been blocked several times from people who didn't like my constructive criticism.

What criticism?

Telling people to delete their story and never write again, at least that's the sort of "criticism" I've seen from "him"

Quote twelve.

Umachan
Group Admin

And the hypocrite speaks.

Just a word of advice, saying "THIS STORY SUCKS" is not constructive crit.

Not at all. In fact you weren't even on my radar.

Telling people to revoke their story and never write again isn't, that is hate. IDIOT!

I didn't even see that. Most of the time he just writes "self-insert" or uses one emotiocon.

Umachan
Group Admin

He does that on occasion. It's not very often so it really stands out when he does.

But notice that at no point have I censored him, blocked him or banninated him from my group. You see, I'm a firm believer in free speech and that everybody should have the right to speak their mind.

Even if they're completely wrong and clueless like our resident bitch.

Yes. Happened to me as well. I know that feel, bro. I know that feel.

1203292 You win everything.

Umachan
Group Admin

And I wasn't even saying anything to him at that point. I was responding to somebody else who happened to reply to one of my comments in the thread.

It had nothing to do with the little bitch but he blocks me anyway.

1203249>>1203259>>1203264>>1203266>>1203269>>1203277>>1203302>>1204816>>1204819 While I agree with everything said, I feel like this is mostly a stab at TheaterCritic...:applejackunsure:

I may be wrong, but that's what it feels like to me...

I haven't seen any examples of his criticism, so I can't come to a real conclusion...

Could someone help me find some of his criticism...?

1205569 Hmm...

Is there more...?

1205587 Sometimes a sentence. It either varies between "delete this and never write again" or "My stories are better than this"

1205592 Hmm...

That's not real criticism, like he claims...:trixieshiftright:

Don't forget the profound "self-insert alert".

1205560 Short version: he leaves posts on poorly written fics with bad OC's, saying little more than 'Mary Sue self insert', when his own stories feature some of the worst examples of both. Matter of fact, once after he commented 'self-insert', someone had to tell him what a self-insert was.

Search through the group stories and look for the hidden comments. If it's not from the author, chances are it's from TheaterCritic. :twilightangry2:

1205601 Of course not And that's just what makes her so cute!

1205613 Could I get a link, by chance?

1205615 Hmm...:applejackunsure:

1205677 :facehoof:

That is just bullshit...:ajbemused:

Umachan
Group Admin

While I agree with everything said, I feel like this is mostly a stab at TheaterCritic...

Well... yeah, but that's only because it was.

I'm a big fan of free speech and this includes speech that I personally might find offensive. I might not want to listen to somebody if they're flapping their gums and stupid is just pouring from their mouths but I'm not going to censor them for doing so.

He wants to block me, that's his business. It's not going to stop me talking about him wherever I can and this includes this group. Also notice that I haven't banned him from this group nor have I blocked him from my channel.

I doubt his 24-hour ban will change anything but I'm always hopeful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35