Sweetiebot 701 members · 135 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

a while back I tried to write a story (sweetie bot origin story) but ran into a rood block (writers block)

the main premise is. sweetie wanting to make something special with her magic, a simple gift for her sister, winds up destroying her body. it's thought that she incinerated herself. Rarity after a few weeks of mourning and beginning to hear a voice, finds her sister is still with her albeit in need of some help; being trapped inside the gift she intended to give her. but it's also revealed that she can't tell anyone for darkness creeps ever closer and wants to use the amulet her sister made for some nefarious necromantic deed. can Rarity build her sister a new body in time or will this new threat take more than just her sister away again?

the story is currently shelved (will give key if ask)

what I'm stuck in is finding the proper exposition for rarity to dive into ( golem making) and what direction to go in, do I go clockwork or full-on metal alchemist? (I'm stuck on what method to use to make sweetie bot)

Writing in Equestria, a world where magic absolutely exists and is considered perfectly normal, makes things a lot easier. You don't need to sell your readers on the idea that magic exists, only on the ways it expands on the show. In this case, that's the golem crafting and necromantic aspects.

Foreshadowing is the key to selling this. If you want to see Rarity learn golem crafting after the incident, hint at that early on with something like an animated puppet show.

the thing about sweetie bot is that she is NOT a golem, she is a bot, do you know how much effort goes into making robots?
so my idea, the thing about computers (and organics for that matter) is that the only part of the body that matters (when It comes to death) is the brain/hard drive/any part that contains memory and personality if you are able to remove consciousness from body, and then preserve it, you can put it anywhere you like.
what I am trying to say is that rarity does not need to learn everything about making golems, she only needs to remove her consensus from danger, and then let someone more qualified do the rest

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3