Changeling Writers 322 members · 526 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I'll get straight to the point.

Most fics I've read put the changeling society to a negative light. I see them often being one era back in technology, using feral and primal societal forms, corrupt to the bone governments e.t.c.

Generally I see changelings used as an excuse for people to go all "Darker and Edgier". While I am not necessarily against it I've grown bored of reading the casual "Changeling society is bad/hive mind oppression" fics that depict the ponies as saints in comparison and generally put the ponies at the feet of "Pony Master Race" while the changelings in general are pictured as Chrysalis's
"Henchmen" "Servant race" or "Clone Army" call them whatever you want. Giving the excuse for the few "Special little snowflakes" to deviate and lead the way to the merciful ponies.

Now this isn't a thread about how about you're wrong or stuff. In fact there are fics out there that are quite interesting to read in that perspective, and I certainly don't shut myself from reading them. But at times... I get tired.

So I am looking for something "Interesting" per say... to read. I am looking for stories, or at least YOUR interpretation of a changeling society that is admirable.

Do they practice philosophy? Arts? Do they use the hivemind as a family? Does solidarity work with them? Are the changelings superior and why?

When you respond to this thread do reply to this post so i get notifications. I will also likely copypaste this thread somewhere else.

The Conquering of Love

Well, it's incomplete, and it isn't until chapter 37 that we start to learn my changeling origin story, but I assure you: My changelings are not lesser, hive mind, or necessarily bad.

I don't necessarily have them depicted as practicing the arts or anything. Their philosophies are revealed as the story progresses. They are definitely solidly loyal to one another. Much like ponies, there are those who are superior.

They definitely aren't just henchmen, clone army, a slave army, or anything of the sort.

Story is ongoing, read it if you wish. From where I am at in writing it, it will only get deeper and deeper into chagnelings and the lore I've created for them. If you peek ahead at chapter 37 (Labeled as "Corruption Ch 7 - Awakenings") you will (obviously) be spoiling the shit out of yourself.

3975341 Adding to my read later as i track it. BITCHING BTW! I LIKE YOU ALREADY!!!

3975203 Changelings, in my headcanon, were created by Princess Luna before she was banished. They are technologically advanced, compared to Equestria, having spaceships, grand cities, even a government that consists of seventeen Changeling leaders. Each Hive has land and responsibilities in the Empire, but each one can tend their own concerns without drawing in the Council. The hivemind was more of an internet connection, allowing for Changelings to ask questions and receive answers.

Changelings are much more than just enemies, they're intelligent and advanced. We've just seen a small part of their hives in the show. More in a story that I'm writing.

3975668 I would read such a story. Is it out yet?

3975675 Not as of yet. I'm working on it and am about half the way through with it. I could use an editor / pre-reader.

3975810 I volunteer to help although i am not the best editor.

Yea I like the think there more clever myself. I just wrote a story which has a bit of a suprise about the changeling and what it's doing in Appleloosa for example. I plan on expanding on it maybe a back story, but i don't view the changelings as primative or primal, but there more like on par with equstria with there own society, lives and occupations. Though there traditions and abilities make them better as infilrators and spies, as well as assassins. Which they accept as there society norm.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8